BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Ceramic controls revisited

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Military BMW 
#1 ·
Ceramic controls are available on the 550i GT. Has anyone heard when they will be available on the 550i sedan?

#2 ·
No, but I asked the same question. I have ceramic controls in my 7er and love them. I actually like the Sport Automatic shifter the way it is in the 5er, though.

#3 ·
Do you know if anyone has went out of control with having additional custom ceramic controls made for their BMW?

#4 ·
They are part of the executive package on the 550 sedan.

#9 ·
I have CC on my 2012 550ix, did they discontinue it for 2013?

LOL, nm just saw age of thread.

#10 ·
I realize this is a very outdated and very old post. My previous question was asking for "additional" "custom" ceramic controls/trim, not the "standard" "optional" ceramic controls that are already available for it. I was asking if anyone had gone "above and beyond just getting that option for ceramic controls"? Has anyone in the forums replaced any additional aluminum interior trim for "custom-made" ceramic interior trim since it's probably not available officially through BMW?

I looked through WD's thread and all that discussed was pertaining to retrofitting the optional ceramic controls, not additional trim. Sorry if that sounded confusing when I first posted my question. Basically, I love the optional ceramic controls that are on my car, that's why I got it. It would be nice if I could complete the match over time and eventually have everything in ceramic, not just the controls. Crazy concept, right? I know, but I was just wondering. It's okay to be curious ***55357;***56842;. I just asked clarification on an old thread because there were too many matches for "ceramic controls" on this forum. I just picked one. Hopefully, someone can direct me in the right direction. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.