BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

We WANT You!!! Looking for coilovers?

7K views 65 replies 27 participants last post by  ZeGerman 
#1 ·
We are looking for one E36 and one E36 M forum member to do a review on our Street Edge Coilover kits. You will receive a discount on the kit in exchange for your forum review. Please contact me for more information.

kristina@thesuspensionsource.com

#38 ·
I just saw a few people ganging up on the sponsor who was offering a deal that most sponsors offer to members on a forum. I dont think she meant that you write only a good review, but maybe she just had confidence that whoever tries them out would be pleased with it. Nothing wrong with having high hopes of something you are advertising lol. But yeah, I know you weren't meaning to be a bully ;)

#40 ·
I'm all for the company, and am glad they sponsored the 'fest! Just wasn't sure of the intent behind the deal.

If my e36 needed coils I'd be all over this.

#41 ·
Kris if you offered coils for e39 at the good price id be on it like white on rice, with or without the discount.

Jus sayin (next development project?)

#44 ·
We had this product on display at the 'Fest. This deal is not for everyone. We see it as a way to help someone save a few bucks on something they wanted/needed in exchange for a good and/or bad review. Bash away if you'd like but some will appreciate us as a sponsor and trying to save you money.

#46 ·
regardless of how they perform, be it good or bad, you're still getting a discount or sponsored set of coilovers. :thumbup:
I'm not saying they will perform poorly, but what would be the point of owning a set of poor performing coil-overs that has been discounted $100?

#47 ·
I have 2 E36's (318i) I have racelands on one and would love to try yours . I put between 100 to 200 miles a day on ether one of these 318's and I am looking into doing some SCCA events they have here in Utah and if I could swing it maybe some track time at MillerMotorSports Park on open track days. I know the local SCCA club does have one or two events at that track. I would like to do this for you and in return provide feedback and anything else you would require. Just PM me or email me at timnsharon1@digis.net. Thanks for offering this to us.

#56 ·
Hmmm... This thread has received some interesting "edits"...
I predicted that would happen in one of my posts. If this forum works as most do, the posts with proof of what was said about Kris and how she lies to customers is still viewable by the forum staff. They can review the links I posted and see what I said was true.

Also, I got some Private Messages from other members here, providing more links to other threads about Kris and The Suspension Source. If this is a forum where you are allowed to give honest reviews and insight about a vendor, then I will post them.

This post will get deleted too I am sure, seems like "good" reviews for her products isn't the only thing Kris buys.

tAnd to those that sent me messages, thank you, and I do understand why you won't post them yourself, I know how it goes.

#61 ·
I paid the same that you're asking, and I have 450/fr and progressive 550's in the rear, They also have a lowering range of 1.2-3.0 in.

Simply put, unless you can beat that I'm not really interested. Otherwise I'd gladly take a set and give you an honest review.

#62 ·
I paid the same that you're asking, and I have 450/fr and progressive 550's in the rear, They also have a lowering range of 1.2-3.0 in.

Simply put, unless you can beat that I'm not really interested. Otherwise I'd gladly take a set and give you an honest review.
What aspect of the information you supplied did you want us to "beat?" The lowering ranges & spring rates are listed on our website and above.

Does the product you purchased offer you any kind of satisfaction guarantee? Or are you stuck with it once you install it? That alone is a difference that should tell you we stand behind our products.

We aren't aiming to "Change" the suspension world as we know it with these coilovers.
The whole purpose of our products are to offer a low cost alternative to spring/strut replacements, cup kits etc..... We never aimed to build a "performance" coilover setup which is why we don't offer different spring rates and that's we left them non-adjustable with factory style top mounts.

For "performance" coilover setups we recommend KW in some cases ST. If you would like info on those kits please let me know.

#65 ·
If you are so confident that your customer will be satisfied with your new product, maybe you should find a well respected member of the forum and GIVE them a set to test and review. You guys do giveaways at the show, whats the difference? I know I wouldn't be willing to pay you $500 + shipping, go through the trouble of installing them and HOPE that they are as good as you claim they are. If they aren't, I'd then have to go through the trouble of uninstalling them and shipping them back to you (at my cost no doubt) and hopefully getting the full $500 back. At that point I'd still be out how much in shipping? too much. You're asking a customer to take all the risk in this situation and at the very most, they get $100 discount? No thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.