BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Which phones work best with BMW Connecteddrive Mobile Office, etc?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bmw5151 
#1 ·
For those of you who have taken delivery of a X3 with the Technology Package, can anyone report on which Verizon phones work/don't work with Mobile Office, etc.? I'd like to get maximum functionality out of the X3's technology offerings and I'm up for a new phone anyway.

I have Verizon and BMW's website doesn't list any phones that work, although I suspect this is wrong.

I did find this in a search here:

Originally Posted by Ibiza
Finally, the push e-mail and SMS of the Mobile Office requires a phone that has Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile). The Blackberry Torch and Droid X has this Bluetooth profile, however, the iPhone does not.
Any updates?

#2 ·
Mobile Phones: office an more

From what I understand, the only phone that currently works with the BMW Office (extra cost function) is the Blackberry Pearl.

By the way, if you have phone numbers in your phone with extensions/passwords programmed, the newest BMW software (on all X3s) doesn't allow anything more than the base phone number to be downloaded. Thus automated access to extensions is no longer permitted. So you have to pick up your phone to dial. Illegal in many States, but also highly dangerous. Thank you BMW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.