BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Post your ED photo & Story here!

281K views 444 replies 246 participants last post by  JSpira 
#1 ·
At the advise of several members here at the ED forum, thie new sticky is created to highlight members latest ED adventures. Please post your ED related Photo and story here. We'll use this as a listing to all ED write-up.

Links that are acceptable to post here:

- Your own bimmerfest ED story posts
- Your own blog site - non-commercial in nature

Links that are NOT acceptable to post here:
- Links to your own ED write-up posted to a competing forum.
- Links to your own blog site - but commercial in nature. Substance over form, there are n free advertising here if your intend is to trying to profit from your sales without goint thru the appropriate channel to advertise here at bimmerfest.

Cheers,

beewang;)

#98 · (Edited)
12 hour compliance

Hi all, my girlfriend got wind of a "12-hour rule" in regards to posting some day 1 ED pics, so posted below are a couple of our new ride at the Welt today.

Hope to write some stories about the experience soon, but here's a quick summary:

Picked up on Sunday morning at MUC by Peter (referred by Rolf who was unavailable). His 320d wagon happily pulled us along at 200-220 KMH for long stretches of the trip into town.

Skip to today: our "briefing", pre-delivery as well as our delivery, were with Bernhardt (sp?). He really was a great guy to have show us around...passionate about the cars, highly knowledgeable, informative, congenial and good humored. -we highly recommend him!

We felt reasonably pampered throughout the day, with the one downside (and it's a big one) being that the woman at check-in booked us into a German-Language tour of the plant, which we only found out at 3:30 when the tour started.

They apologized profusely when we found out, but that was the last one of the day, and the next one we can attend is late morning tomorrow, which probably won't fit into our plans.

While we kicked around for a couple of hours waiting for the plant tour, we took the Welt tour as well. It was reasonably interesting, but midway through we realized we'd have preferred to visit the upstairs restaurant and relax for a while instead. Unless you're especially into architecture and space usage, it may not be worth the time (for me anyway since cars were what was on my mind today) -Doing it again, I'd ride it out until they show you the "warehouse" with all the cars on racks, which was very cool, and quietly duck out after that.

It was a treat (and a bit painful) to see all of the "individual" colors & trims available in a showroom dedicated specifically to that line, (ie: that line that we can't get at home). Outside that room there was my car in "aventurine silver", which was just beautiful to look at, paired with equally stunning rims.

I'm sure I'm one of thousands to say so, but could we petition BMW to let us buy Individual colors & trims? -I'd have paid the difference without hesitation, for a car in moonstone or the above mentioned silver, (or even the rubyish black color they have).

Back at the hotel tonight within minutes of parking there were 3 German fellows (1 guest and 2 locals) all checking out the new car in the driveway outside our room. - the last photo here was snapped by my GF when we heard them gathering outside...it definitely turns heads -which wasn't the goal with this car (I was on the fence for a long time about the color), but it's kinda fun nonetheless.

Oh and about the car: Simply a joy. Had the top down at 57 degrees F for a while and it sounds soooo good!

Thanks to Beewang for the EU NAV (really confidence-inspiring when exploring a new place) and thanks to all whose advice has been so helpful in the lead up to this delivery.

Dave

Attachments

#100 ·
Whoa Whoa!!!! Wait a sec!!!:yikes:

What the H*ll is this!!???!!

What is the deal w/ the M1??:eeps: :thumbup:

#102 ·
#103 ·
I was also at the Welt the day MrDavid was there. I also saw the 2 M1's there and thought "wth"? Someone asked about the M1's during the factory tour, but the guide skillfully dodged the question. :dunno:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mode of transport Parking

#113 · (Edited)
12 hour rule

Great experience so far. The welt, Marienplatz, the beer. whats not to like. :) The weather was great too. It just now started raining though. Hope not too bad because tomorrow I'm heading to Nurburgring. :thumbup:

I also visited Dachau. Very memorable experience.

Here are a couple of pics from my delivery. The car looks really sharp! I'm glad I picked white.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Bmw

#114 ·
Great experience so far. The welt, Marienplatz, the beer. whats not to like. :) The weather was great too. It just now started raining though. Hope not too bad because tomorrow I'm heading to Nurburgring. :thumbup:

I also visited Dachau. Very memorable experience.

Here are a couple of pics from my delivery. The car looks really sharp! I'm glad I picked white.

View attachment 147017

View attachment 147018
I'm glad you picked white, too. I don't mind other cars looking like mine...it shows good taste.

#115 ·
AT THE WELT; just picked up my 328xi..made the 12 hour rule!

hey there..just picked up my 328 xi today...the experience is amazing...details will follow soon.

#116 ·
#117 ·
My wife and I took delivery of a 2007 530i at Munich couple of years ago and it was one of the greatest experience we ever had! we were back last October and visited the new ED center... and we cannt wait next year to get back and take delivery of our new BMW! by the way... we always get great deal on air tickets, hotels and vacation packages at www.diydiscounttravel.com

Attachments

#118 ·
I´m not sure what you guys mean by the twelve hour rule (I'm hating this Deutsche Schreibmachine), so I'm posting my first impressions. This delivery is pretty neat. I'm impressed! I have one note for people that take the U2 & U3 trains from the Hauptbahnhof. The underground system works great. When the U2 pulls in to the Scheidplatz stop, the U3 train comes in at the same time. And unlike NYC and Paris trains, these are on the same platform.

OK, I lied, a second note. When you get off the U3 train at the Olympic Park, turn to your left and go up the escalator at that end. You will come out staring at BMW Welt. I did a trial run the day before and went the wrong way.

I have a camera, but did not bring the correct cables to connect to this computer, so you'll have to wait until I get home.

#121 · (Edited)
At the Nurburgring

A room with a view
Property Steeple Window Room House

At the Ring. Eye candy. Very friendly people happy to talk about their cars.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Caterham 7
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Lotus elise
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Alloy wheel

My other car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Honda s2000

A 1 for rent
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Bmw

A 1 that is mine
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Personal luxury car

Waiting for the track to open at 1:30 PM on Saturday.
Race track Lane Road Asphalt Sport venue
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mode of transport Transport

Accident. No injuries but the track was closed for an hour.
Signage Traffic sign Sign Street sign Road

I ended up doing 4 laps on Saturday. :D Came back for more on sunday but it was foggy. :cry:

#126 ·
535i ED June 2008

This was a much better experience than buying a car from a regular dealer. You're treated like royalty at the BMW welt. It is a very nice experience, unlike some of the unpleasant experiences at the regular dealerships. Just got a 535i 2008.

Advice for those who are going:

1) Definitely get the navigation DVD from Beewang. It is a life saver in Europe.

2) Call your hotels/destinations in advance and ask them about parking. I had underground parking in my hotel the whole time, so I never worried about the car. But the garages in europe are very small. I could barely squeeze the car in. Ask about their parking situation and how big their garage is to accomodate your car.

3) You can buy the vignette (the toll sticker for austria) as you get closer to the Austrian border at a rest stop. It was about 7.60 euros.

4) The hotel that is recommended by BMW european delivery packet is just okay. It's not super-nice, and it's right across the street from a strip club. It is, however, two blocks from the train station, and it's cheap. If you want a nicer hotel, more luxurious hotel, then look for one on tripadvisor or hotels.com.

5) Learn the parking laws in the city that you're going to. They can be confusing and strange. You can read up on how to pay for street parking on the city's internet website.

6) Gas is around 1.5 euro/liter as of June 2008, so be prepared to spend lots of money on gas.

7) If you drop off your car at another city besides Munich, it may not actually say, "BMW" on the facility. We circled for about 30 minutes around a series of warehouses before finally getting out, wandering around, and finding out where it was. It just says "autoservice", and there is no BMW icon at all. This was for the Vienna dropoff.

#127 ·
This was a much better experience than buying a car from a regular dealer. You're treated like royalty at the BMW welt. It is a very nice experience, unlike some of the unpleasant experiences at the regular dealerships. Just got a 535i 2008.

Advice for those who are going:

1) Definitely get the navigation DVD from Beewang. It is a life saver in Europe.

2) Call your hotels/destinations in advance and ask them about parking. I had underground parking in my hotel the whole time, so I never worried about the car. But the garages in europe are very small. I could barely squeeze the car in. Ask about their parking situation and how big their garage is to accomodate your car.

3) You can buy the vignette (the toll sticker for austria) as you get closer to the Austrian border at a rest stop. It was about 7.60 euros.

4) The hotel that is recommended by BMW european delivery packet is just okay. It's not super-nice, and it's right across the street from a strip club. It is, however, two blocks from the train station, and it's cheap. If you want a nicer hotel, more luxurious hotel, then look for one on tripadvisor or hotels.com.

5) Learn the parking laws in the city that you're going to. They can be confusing and strange. You can read up on how to pay for street parking on the city's internet website.

6) Gas is around 1.5 euro/liter as of June 2008, so be prepared to spend lots of money on gas.

7) If you drop off your car at another city besides Munich, it may not actually say, "BMW" on the facility. We circled for about 30 minutes around a series of warehouses before finally getting out, wandering around, and finding out where it was. It just says "autoservice", and there is no BMW icon at all. This was for the Vienna dropoff.
nice observation - where is pic of your car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.