BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Topeka 10/21 Sailing

15K views 111 replies 10 participants last post by  odessa91 
#1 ·
Well...I must have hit it JUST WRONG. I dropped my car off on Oct. 1 in Stuttgart and it just left port two days ago. :thumbdwn: Next time I roll to Bremerhaven directly.

I tracked the ship and it is in Brugge, Belgium, moored. Says delivery to Port Hueneme on 11/15.

Took 20 days to leave port from the time I dropped it off. This is my 5th ED but I've never really paid attention to my delivery and so I'm not sure if this is an abnormally long or not.

Anyone else on this ship?

#43 ·
Went back to the WW site and there's a lot of stuff there now:
LINER RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 16-11-2012 12:54:11
DELIVERED FROM PORT HUENEME, CA 16-11-2012 07:15:00 1
CUSTOMS RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 16-11-2012 00:00:00
DISCHARGED PORT HUENEME, CA 15-11-2012 11:35:00 1

I still don't know what all that really means, other than the X1 has passed from WW's hands into BMW's. Looked around the WW site and couldn't find any kind of key or glossary.

My CA emailed me earlier this morning to say he had checked and my X1 is "not released" yet. I wasn't expecting it this weekend. Actually I have procrastinated cleaning my garage so this will finally get me up and around to do that. Clutter happens....

#44 ·
You lucky dog. Your car is now at the VPC. From this point your CA will have to give updates. WWL has officially wiped their hands from the transaction. The car is now BMW's not theirs.

I doubt it will get through the VPC and shipped to you for the weekend. If you continue to get lucky you may be able to get it before Thanksgiving.

#49 ·
Looks like mine was released from US Customs...now lets see how long it takes them to repair a scratch on the bumper and replace (hopefully) 3 rims (thank you very much Westin Paris valet).

LINER RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 16-11-2012 15:54:29
DELIVERED FROM PORT HUENEME, CA 16-11-2012 14:00:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 21-10-2012 13:44:01 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 19-10-2012 19:01:30 1
BOOKED BREMERHAVEN 05-10-2012 21:47:26 1

#51 ·
It may have to have a 1 next to it before it is actually clear of customs. There is mixed information on the web about that. Either way some people had to wait 3-6 days for the customs and liner release info to show up after discharged so maybe customs just rocked for us. I am crossing my fingers that we just got lucky and the VPC has the cars now.

#55 ·
My BMW doesn't show any update for my X1, and neither does the 800 number...both say "in transit/en route," though the WW site had it discharged/released as of Friday. I don't think that means anything other than BMW updating is spotty. Hope to hear something from the dealer in the next day or so.

#57 ·
Ok, I learned something very interesting today. BMW gets backlogged when a ship comes into port loaded. They then like to blame WWL and customs. I talked to a bunch of different people today in customs, at WWL and then at the NJ ED office. And this is what I learned. My vehicle is through customs and all paperwork is done on the WWL end. The vehicle has not been "picked up" yet by BMW with the paperwork on their end which basically releases final payment to WWL. This pickup according to the ED office in New Jersey is "The vehicle is still in customs and can take 3-5 days to be released to the VPC." That is their default answer. On the WWL end the moment the details about the actual situation became clear, a supervisor told the woman helping me to let me know that only BMW can give me any answers at this point as they are the "customer." But of course I had already been given the information I wanted. Customs has indeed cleared the vehicle. Once a Liner release is made the vehicle is ready for "pickup" pending final payment/paperwork.

Hope this helps some people. However, pre-thanksgiving delivery...not gonna happen. :(

#58 ·
Thank you for all the details! Very helpful. I'm just still wondering why there's no '1' next to the status updates "customs" and "liner release" - maybe that will switch once the car is actually picked up then? So BMW picked up all factory new cars, but not the ED ones? In this thread it appears that everyone with ED don't have the '1'.

#59 ·
No "1" on mine either. However, did some reading on a few different sites and there seems to be a priority.

Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
figured while im in here i might as well give you all a break down

priority one means a car is marked sold, priority r or 0 is for ED, priority 9 is PCD, priority 2 dealers own use, priority 3 is for stock, priority 4 is to slow walk the vehicle to prevent overstock, and priority 5 is up for grabs as the dealer has no need or doesn't want it
Other Owner's Experiences:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475700

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629881

A couple of interesting reads about what happens at the VDC/VPC:
http://www.m3post.com/vpc/index.asp.htm

http://www.thedieseldriver.com/2010/02/bmw-vdc/

#61 ·
Got the call from my CA and my X1 is at the Dealership and I can pick up tomorrow. CA said I had a Priority 1.

WWL shows the following for me:
LINER RELEASE PORT HUENEME, CA 16-11-2012 12:54:11
DELIVERED FROM PORT HUENEME, CA 16-11-2012 07:15:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 21-10-2012 23:26:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 21-10-2012 18:00:00 1
BOOKED BREMEN 19-10-2012 11:53:52 1

#69 ·
Super fast

My X1 was in Topeka too. I called my SA last Friday, 11/16 thinking to drive up to BMW of Santa Barbara (from LA) to pick up my car this long weekend. I was thinking in making this trip with my family. But my SA said that Oxnard VPC is experiencing a majoy delay right now, and it's unreasonable to expect the car to be released in just 1 week. He said that some of his ED customers had to wait 3 weeks before getting their cars into the dealer (40 miles from VPC).

My wife and kids were really looking forward to having our new X1 for this weekend, but well, it is what it is.:cry:

#72 ·
I think I got lucky as I mentioned my wife's friend happened to be a Fleet Manager for BMW. He mentioned that

I'm curious if the other CA's gave your X1's priority "1" as both ED and Priority "1' seemingly go to the top of the list when processing cars at the VPC.

I would contact them and ask what priority they placed on your cars.

#81 ·
I hope all others with BMWs on the Topeka have their cars soon. Mine made it to the dealership the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but they couldn't get it prepped and I couldn't make it in. So I came in last Friday and wrapped it up. Posted some comments in "Dealer Feedback" about that experience (look for Beverly Hills BMW in the thread title).

Again, my X1 was an order, not an ED (and yeah I still giggle a bit everytime I see guys all excited about ED on here...)

#83 · (Edited)
My car was an ED and I still do not have my car yet. I think the VDC has to upload US navigation and so it would take longer than non-ed cars. My car was also on Topeka. I hope it would be ready on Saturday, so I can drive up to Santa Barbara from Los Angeles to pick her up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.