BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X1 Lease

4K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Schweigert 
#1 · (Edited)
Leased a 2014 s-drive, 28i X1 today (36 month, 12k per year) and wanted to get some feedback on the deal:

MSRP - $43,200
Invoice - $40,305
Negotiated price - $39,200
Ultimate drive rebate - ($1,000)
Loyalty rebate - ($500)
Net price - $37,700
Bank leasing fee - $725
Registration - $377
Doc fee - $80
First payment - $492
Cash down at close - $0
Total capitalized cost - $39,374

Depreciation / month - $374
Rent / month - $82
Base payment / month - $455
Tax / month - $36
Total payment / month - $492

Pretty happy to be $1,100 under invoice (before rebates). Could I have done any better with some shopping?

See less See more
#6 ·
Good Lease Deal

You got a great deal. However, for a more accurate measure when comparing numbers, the individual state variables such as sales tax, vehicle registration, and other state fees should not be included in the comparison. The monthly payment in a no sales tax state is considerably lower than a state with a 10% sales tax, a county sales tax and a city sales tax. Registration fees in some states are $250, while, in others, the same vehicle would be $3500.

#8 ·
I'm glad you're happy, but that seems a bit high. No MSDs?

#10 ·
The OP is a sDrive.
Yours is a xDrive - big difference in handling IMO. :thumbup:

BMW-AUS: How much over ED invoice did you get yours from and who ?

I am driving a loaner x35i M Sport line w/ all the bells & whistles - love it! :p
That's what I want to order next spring for an ED myself.

#16 ·
Panoramic moonroof is included in the premium package, thus its included in the ultimate package as well. And no, you can't get terra cotta interior with any M Sport. If you get an M Sport there are only three interior color options: black, red, or beige.
Of course, I'm speaking about options in America. If you are outside the US, perhaps the options vary.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#18 · (Edited)
This is my deal that I'm planning on signing this week. Took some negotiations from different dealers and had to compromise on a few options but we were in a time crunch to get rid of our old car.

2014 X1 sDrive 28i
Mineral Grey
Dark Crosshatch
Black Nevada leather
MSport
Lighting
Ultimate
19" M wheels

MSRP: $42,925
Discount: $5,060
Rebate: $500
Vehicle selling price: $37,365

Sales Tax: $2,335.31 (6.25% in TX)
Tag/Registration Fees, Title fee, State insp fee: $131
Documentation fee: $125
Vehicle Inventory Tax: $68.14
Balance due: $40,024.45

MF: .00165
Residual: 59% for 15K miles - $25,325.75
$725 acquisition fee
$726 Deposit

$39,772.45
36 months / 15K miles
Cash due on delivery: $1,486 (Paying for Taxes and fees up front so I don't have to pay interest on them)
Monthly payment: $508.71

#19 ·
That "bank leasing fee" of $725 in the initial post seems a little fishy to me. Frankly, seeing these "deals" here are bumming me out. I'd have thought you'd be closer to the low $400's per month than this.

#20 ·
Untdrums> you're paying max markup on the MF.

#21 ·
Kjboyd- thank you for the heads up.

What happened here was that I originally negotiated an offer with another dealer to get to a lower monthly payment.

Original dealer have me a higher sale price and I negotiated a .00125 MF. Monthly payment was $509

I took the deal to another dealer and they were able to match the monthly payment and in order to do so, they lowered the sale price but of course raised the MF to .00165. Monthly payment is $508.71. I would rather work with the second dealer for convenience and better service.

Do you think it's still possible to lower the MF once I get into the financial office even though I have already put a deposit down? I'd rather not put MSDs since they won't really make much of a difference in our monthly payment.

Advice anyone?

#25 ·
The deal I got a week ago (still patiently waiting on my production number!)...

Alpine White
Sand Nevada Leather
Ultimate Package
Light Package

36 months/10k miles

MSRP: $40,575
INVOICE: $37,510
Negotiated Price: 37,830 ($320 over invoice)
Option Discount: $750
Loyalty Discount: $500

Final Price: $36,580

$0 Down Payment
$725 Acquisition Fee
$150 DMV
*FIRST MONTH PAYMENT WAS WAIVED WITH "TURN KEY" REBATE

$405.25 + tax /month ($437)

I was happy with the deal.

#28 ·
Now that's more like it! Well done.

#27 ·
Haha... It was actually the best and quickest car deal I have ever done.

This was literally all the time I spent doing this deal:
--15 minutes initially stopped by the dealer because I never dealt with them before. Just introduced myself and said I might be interested in leasing the X1 (I have a 2011 128i lease that is coming up soon) He gave me a rough idea of the lease specials going on.
--3 emails over the course of a week.
--20 minutes stopped by dealer to sign the papers.

I was very upfront about what I wanted in my emails and they didn't waste my time. The only thing that really changed from what I originally asked for was the addition of a $180 fee to the invoice. So instead of paying $140 over invoice, I paid $320.

The type of no hassle service I have received for my past 2 BMW's is probably one of the biggest selling points for me, besides the actual vehicle.

#29 ·
Well we signed on my wife's X1 yesterday finally.

15K year/ 36 months
Original monthly: $508.71/month
Contracted payments: $530/month

We opted for the tire and wheel as well as the dentless repair. With 19" rims and the Pirelli summer tires we thought it'd be a good idea since I have it on my car and have had all 4 tires replaced this past year. Apparently the dentless repair also gives the client up to $500 towards a deductible on collision as well as the normal coverage...up to twice a year! Of course they tried to sell us these items for a MUCH higher price but we figured $21.29 more a month was ok for us. Thanks for all of y'all's responses and advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.