BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Oyster / BLack with Light Wood

5K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  snj1013 
#1 ·
Do NOT order this combo. :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

: puke:: puke:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I agree with you, although it looks worse in those pics than in reality. This thread has some better pics.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420080

But I agree dark woods look better. The worst aspect is the fact that the lighting controls and AC vents are black plastic which becomes so obvious in contrast to the light wood, making the overall effect look cheap. The same issue applies to aluminum finishes. Dark finishes hide the plastic and blend much better.

I wish they offered black piano wood as a finish on the F10. I would have chosen that, but instead I'm going for Anthracite Wood along with Oyster-Black Nappa and Ceramic Controls.

#7 ·
TO each their own. Personally, I think it looks hideous. I live with an Oyster interior with Anthracite trim every day and can visualize what it would look like. The shade is just too jarring from the oyster color, which is cool and gray. This is warm and orange and would clash big time.

#5 ·
I also like the contrast of the light wood; nice change up. My 2006 and my 2010 are both dark wood, so I sought out the Aluminum Hex with my black M-sport interior. With the all black and existing aluminum colored trim regardless of wood / aluminum selected it looks great; must see Aluminum Hex in person, pics don't do it justice! :thumbup:

#10 ·
The light wood chops up the interior too much with too many unrelated colors and textures.

#12 · (Edited)
What are you guys on about? That interior looks great. Love the trim. The anthracite trim has no contrast. I wouldn't get the white leather because it gets dirty but it sure looks good when new!
Cheap? NOT.

To each his own.

#13 ·
By the way Needs, what brought this up?
Whose car is in the picture?

#16 ·
Used car for sale. Saw it and was so horrified I couldn't resist.

Telling you, if you don't have Oyster, you can't appreciate how far off the tones would be.

#18 ·
Hilarious. :rofl: I think you guys are losing it. :confused:

#19 ·
Many of of us like it, why keep kicking the dead horse...
There are certain exterior colors I don't like, but recognize others may...
:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.