BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Loose lug nuts?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  svp66 
#1 ·
Got my 650i coupe last week - love the car. Other than a small glitch at the beginning (brief power loss on half of the cilinders at start-up after 150 miles, resolved itself, but the dealer replaced the fuel pump to be on the safe side) it drives just like a BMW should.

I replaced the performance tires with winter tires / wheels (a must around here) and I noticed the lug nuts were VERY easy to take out. I have a good torque-wrench, and I did this on all my cars for 4 years now - never had the lug nuts come off so easily. I suspect they were put on but not tightened to the spec (usually 70-80 ft-lb torque). You may want to check yours too, would be a shame for the wheels to fly off such a gorgeous car....

#8 ·
Got the winter tires not a moment too early - you cannot see in the picture, but it just started snowing. We already have 1 inch on the ground by now...
No doubt winter tires is a necessity for us living in northern regions. Any accident during winter without proper winter tyres would make the insurance companies adress your wallet directly.

In Oslo we are still waiting for the snow, which is unusual. I am looking forward to test the F12 in snowy conditions as soon as I get it back from the body shop. One more week to go :yumyum:

#13 ·
Congrats. These might be the first winter pics of the F12/13 in the world :thumbup:
How beautiful to see the 6-er in white surroundings.

I thought I would be the first to capture the winter dream, but things happened as some might have noticed :mad:

#15 ·
Ugh, your 6ers are so sexy, it's killing me! I can't wait to get my hands on an off lease one :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.