BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

No Sound!! WTF!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SFbay 
#1 ·
Let me start from the top. Upon entering the vehicle, I should hear sounds/alerts from the car because I currently have the tri-fecta of lights (DSC/ABS/Park Brake) .... Nothing! No warning chimes whatsoever (seatbelt, etc.). Of course, I have no radio either. FM, AM, WB & Memory are all still lit white, but CD & CD changer are greyed out. I knew about the CD changer because I bought the car without a magazine. So, basically the change is now that "CD" is faded out. The unit still accepts & ejects CDs but no function can be clicked on to operate except Memory. Bass/Treble, Fader/Balance & Logic 7 are all still lit white but I can't access any of them. All this began after taking receipt of the car after a detail. I am currently seeking options to have them accept blame but that's neither here nor there. I have NO MUSIC!!! I need this solved like yesterday. My question is ... Is it definitely my L7 amp or could it be the ASK unit. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a $599 "Buy It Now" L7 amp on eBay but I wanna be sure. From all the behaviors that I've listed .... can anyone tell me what the culprit is for sure? I'm not the most handy & attempted to pull the clips out of the trunk liner yesterday but I felt that I was breaking them so I stopped short. I just need my music back so I can maintain sanity while I focus on the tri-fecta of warning lights. (Most likely my DSC module). Please help fellas!! Thanx in advance!

#6 ·
Ok I am having the same problem today. I had my windows tinted. I have felt all around the electronics and they all feel dry. He did say the battery seemed low when he was working. He left the swith on so he could roll the windows up and down but it started fine. I now have the same problem. When I do the reset should the vehicle be running or not? I unplugged the loop and there is a red light visible when the cd player is on. I also disconnected the voice unit and there is a red light visible there also. Could it be possible that the battery is still low? I unhooked the battery for an hour also, no change. I am going to go to BMW and buy a loop lollipop so I can check further.

Thanks,
Daren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.