BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Alpine Angel Eyes installed + Coding

11K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Ram750 
#1 · (Edited)
Very pleased! Alex installed them himself, the guy is professional, wore latex gloves, had the drill and installed the entire thing in ~10-15 minutes. He did it so quickly, he's obviously done this many many times. I went with 8k, he sent me pictures of 6k vs 8k, and from seeing the new AE's in the 3/5/X5/X6 the 8K matches near perfect, its not too blue at all. It looks great in person, the pictures make it look too blue almost.

He went over the coding with me in depth. Got the works basically.
-The Key Fob/Inside trunk button open and close trunk
-Mirrors fold, windows and sunroof all close/shut with key fob.
-No nanny warning screens for navigation, backup camera, seatbelt chime (kept seatbelt in display).
-Fog lights on with high beams
-Fog lights on with keyfob unlock (easy access or whatever it's called)
-Doors auto unlock when in park (no more double pulls YAY!!!!!!!!!!)
-Climate remembers what setting I left, so if I turned it off, it stays off when I turn the car on again.
-Got rid of ugly yellow side marker
-DVD movies in Motion

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head, now pics!

Before

After

Well worth the 90 minute drive, I would definitely recommend him:thumbup:

See less See more
#3 ·
Very pleased! Alex installed them himself, the guy is professional, wore latex gloves, had the drill and installed the entire thing in ~10-15 minutes. He did it so quickly, he's obviously done this many many times. I went with 8k, he sent me pictures of 6k vs 8k, and from seeing the new AE's in the 3/5/X5/X6 the 8K matches near perfect, its not too blue at all. It looks great in person, the pictures make it look too blue almost.

He went over the coding with me in depth. Got the works basically.
-The Key Fob/Inside trunk button open and close trunk
-Mirrors fold, windows and sunroof all close/shut with key fob.
-No nanny warning screens for navigation, backup camera, seatbelt chime (kept seatbelt in display).
-Fog lights on with high beams
-Fog lights on with keyfob unlock (easy access or whatever it's called)
-Doors auto unlock when in park (no more double pulls YAY!!!!!!!!!!)
-Climate remembers what setting I left, so if I turned it off, it stays off when I turn the car on again.
-Got rid of ugly yellow side marker

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head, now pics!

Before

After

Well worth the 90 minute drive, I would definitely recommend him:thumbup:
Whats the charge for coding?

#7 ·
Those are many of the same changes I made.

I want to add the tire pressure screen and the turn signals to show up on the Heads up Display. The position I have my steering wheel blocks my signals.

Did you activate the DVD?

#10 ·
Yes thanks, forgot about that one. DVD in motion. I forgot to get the tire pressure gauges, and the speedo above the mileage. Ill have to see next time he's not busy to get those done. My sunroof wont auto open/close - just the shade so I'll have to wait till after they fix that because they might wipe the ECU.

#8 ·
Lucky You for having your cars coded. Whoever does coding in Minneapolis, I am game!

Just for the tire pressure info alone... Yesterday, the car gave me a low tire pressure warning (for all four wheels, no less).
I just pressed reset and all is good, but it the lack of any info really bothered me. Clearly, I didn't just loose air in all 4 wheels :tsk:

That said, I love the look of the Alpine AE's but am too concerned about damaging the headlight internals with extended use. Not worth the risk IMO.

Wolfman

#14 · (Edited)
Just an update, I had Alex tweak some options I had put on (the fogs on when unlock - I didn't care for). TPMS numbers didn't show, now they do.

And he turned the REAR DRL's on. So as long as you have the DRL's on via settings, the rears turn on/off based on your choice. I saw a 2010 7 with them on, I searched around and found they discontinued having rear DRL's for 2012. Apparently BMW didn't realize it wasn't mandatory in the States, so they 86'd that. I really like the rear xenon tubes lit during the day, looks classy.

These cars have so much missing that's turned off :( I wonder why half of these things aren't available under settings for us to choose what we like and don't.

As far as the "hazards" of HID kits, I had a long talk with him, I feel more confident getting an explanation from him, than reading these forums. This is his primary business, what he does all day long, he's been putting these AE kits on for years. Id consider him an expert based on this is his field of expertise. I originally was not going to get the AE kit, but a buddy of mine had his families' 1M, 135, 550, 335, and X5 done with these kits. No issues. Just remember forums bring people out to complain, rarely do people go on forums in general to give positive experiences.

#25 ·
You get pressure and temperature of each wheel displayed after coding.

#31 ·
You might need newer TPMS. My 09 has the old TPMS and doesn't display temp and psi after coding. I didn't bother getting newer TPMS.

To be honest with you, I coded my car many times and each time it went to the dealer, they wipe out all my coding after software updates. Last time it came back, I never bothered hooking the comp to code again. Coding is nice as it personalize your car, but I can live without it. Still enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.