BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#75,481 ·
If it is EWS (or alarm) related, that won't work, as you won't get spark. If the starter got wet it would more likely pop a fuse, than ruin the starter. Still possible I suppose...

#75,482 · (Edited)
Joey, you can disable the alarm by removing the two fuses near the positive battery terminal under the hood. At least, that's where my Clifford fuses were in my 4-door.
Oh I know those fuses, never knew what they were for, too bad I missed your first post. Jake helped me figure out how to fix it, granted we took a slightly more complicated path to the same conclusion...

#75,487 ·
Yeah this keyboard has really grown on me, didn't like it at first, felt like the keys didnt go down far enough or something. I just had to take my "Magic" Trackpad into the apple store because it had decided to start clicking things on its own, and I have a cheapo mouse that doesn't scroll properly on the Mac, so I'm in a limp mode until the new one comes in.

Once no animals need surgery and my car hasn't broken for a while I think I'll order a new mouse that actually scrolls...

#75,488 · (Edited)
Motherf*cker, this sh*t is f*cking ridiculous.

Ahhhhh......that feels a little better.

Why do things always happen at the worst possible time?

Major application upgrade is tanking south quickly and the app server seems to be disliking the SQL sever for reasons unbeknownst to IT or the vendor. Vendor not being as responsive as they need to be. Our Go/No-go date is f*cking TODAY people.Production server for our current live version of the same system crashed on Th/Fri causing us to be redoing that work this week. Regulatory deadline approaching quickly for the application upgrade. And, our FDIC exam formally begins this week. Yay.

One of my coworkers just stormed out to go stew in her car a bit, then the other to take a destressing walk. May do the same soon, this is ridiculous. I have other work on a timeline to do and instead we're babysitting sh*t that we shouldn't be having to deal with in the first place.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#75,489 ·

Major application upgrade is tanking south quickly and the app server seems to be disliking the SQL sever for reasons unbeknownst to IT or the vendor. Vendor not being as responsive as they need to be. Our Go/No-go date is f*cking TODAY people.Production server for our current live version of the same system crashed on Th/Fri causing us to be redoing that work this week. Regulatory deadline approaching quickly for the application upgrade. And, our FDIC exam formally begins this week. Yay.

One of my coworkers just stormed out to go stew in her car a bit, then the other to take a destressing walk. May do the same soon, this is ridiculous. I have other work on a timeline to do and instead we're babysitting sh*t that we shouldn't be having to deal with in the first place.

Go get one of these. It helps. :bigpimp:

Attachments

#75,490 ·

Yea! :mad:

#75,491 ·
Go get one of these. It helps. :bigpimp:
I was thinking less along the lines of caffeine and more along the lines of alcohol.
:rofl:

It pisses me off because we're a business unit, not a technical group. Yet our BU has been having to coordinate all this because no one can effing communicate with each other and it's putting us way the.eff behind on our real work.

#75,492 ·
Tell them Jared and I are on the way there. When we get there...:behead:
and :violent:
When we are done cleaning house we will need drinking money, two E36 M3's with less than 50k miles as cars to drive (and keep) and the penthouse of San Diego's finest hotel. That should put the fear into them.

#75,493 ·

Can't offer you a penthouse, how about my guestroom and usage of a 95 Land Rover Discovery and a non registered 328i? :dunno: :rofl:

#75,495 ·
That's basically how I left for lunch, Dino. :rofl:

I got an email from the customer non-support agent at the vendor asking if due to the issues we wanted them to postpone the install scheduled for tonight.

There never was an install scheduled for tonight. In fact there's a conference call he's supposed to be on tonight to discuss pushing the tentative installation date back even further given that about 85%, of our testing is current in failure status.

I saw that and said f*ck this, and left.

#75,496 ·

Can't offer you a penthouse, how about my guestroom and usage of a 95 Land Rover Discovery and a non registered 328i? :dunno: :rofl:

Uh, okay, Land Rover will do. Be there in about 3 days or so.

I leave for maybe 2hours and I see Jon planning an invasion.

Gotta love Bimmerfest :rofl:
But it's just California, shouldn't be too hard. :rofl: we know they aren't allowed to have guns there...Oh wait maybe that's Canada? :dunno: Hard to tell those laws apart. :p You want in?

#75,498 ·
:rofl: Jon.

Join in Ed!

#75,499 ·
How did San Diego pop up?

Actually an invasion might work. We're all so depressed after the Niners lost the SB that no one would care.

#75,500 ·
How did San Diego pop up?

Actually an invasion might work. We're all so depressed after the Niners lost the SB that no one would care.
The vendor is HQed in LA so we could pop down to Sandy Eggo while we're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.