BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Newest Member....creaking From Windows??

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  xspeedy 
#1 ·
Hi There...just Picked Up My First Bimmer 3weeks Ago... 2002 325i Sports Package, Silver Gray, Black Leatherette, Hk Speakers...perfect In Every Way....but The One Thing That Is Driving Me Crazy Is This Weird "creaking" Noise That Sounds Like It Comes From The Front Two Windows When The Car Is In Motion. Doesn't Seem To Be Anything Loose In The Door..took It Back To The Dealer And They Seemed To Just Apply Some Lubircant To The Door Seals....was Good For A Little While Then Came Back...has Anyone Had The Same Thing Happen? Any Insight Would Be Helpful! Thanks! :)

#2 ·
:hi:
Just wanted to say welcome to Bimmerfest!

Sorry, I don't know about the problem you're experiencing... the only window noise I have is an occasional speaking when I lower the driver's side rear quarter window on my cabrio. The only noise issue I've heard of with e46 sedans involves more of a "rattle."

--J.

#3 ·
frankieP said:
Hi There...just Picked Up My First Bimmer 3weeks Ago... 2002 325i Sports Package, Silver Gray, Black Leatherette, Hk Speakers...perfect In Every Way....but The One Thing That Is Driving Me Crazy Is This Weird "creaking" Noise That Sounds Like It Comes From The Front Two Windows When The Car Is In Motion. Doesn't Seem To Be Anything Loose In The Door..took It Back To The Dealer And They Seemed To Just Apply Some Lubircant To The Door Seals....was Good For A Little While Then Came Back...has Anyone Had The Same Thing Happen? Any Insight Would Be Helpful! Thanks! :)
See here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4074&highlight=gummi

However:

1. Not everyone's had success with this. Pray that it's not related to your window regulators.
  2. You supposedly can't get gummi pflege any more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.