BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

03 745Li - RPM and reverse 'hicup'

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  745i NYC 
#1 ·
Hey everyone....New Bee here....just purchased a 2003 745I...so I decided to jump on the forum and read about my new toy, Formerly a S-500 and a E430 S owner so theres a lot of new electronics and gadgets that Ive never seen before. But my question is this....car has 80k on it, and when i put in reverse and hit the gas softly or tap the gas pedal, the car hiccups...sort of....the initial tap of the gas is un-answered followed by a surge of power and then easing off. On the other hand if i just let it roll reverse into a parking spot, then theres no issues??:confused:
When the car warms up, I can see the RPM surge up a bit radically from 500 to about 750..to 650 back to 500 nice and steady.....and it will stay there.....and eventually it will do it again....my guess is that what ever is causing that...is causing the reverse lag when i tap the gas pedal.......can the problem be spark plugs?? maybe a throttle position sensor if the car has one....any help would be great thanx!!

#3 ·
Bro very complex car, best bet is top bring it to a shop and have them take a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.