BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Official Bimmerfest Neuschwanstein Castle Photo spot.

179K views 425 replies 246 participants last post by  northaholic 
#1 ·
Many ED Bimmerfest members photograph their car in front of Neuschwanstein. Here are the directions to the photo spot - so you can spend your time touring the castles instead of boring your wife or significant other looking for the perfect photo spot.

Basically, driving down the main road, you will see some open farm fields off to the right. There is a "no traffic allowed" sign at the entrance to the street (Red circle with white center), but if you don't drive too far no one seems to mind. Park near the tree at the fork in the road (three hundred meters from the main road) and photograph your car with the castle in the background.

Late afternoon is probably the best time for a shot. A polarizer filter is a good idea to bring the colors out in your paint job. Try to a long lens to help magnify the castle, or less of a telephoto of you want to emphasize the car.

Here are directions from the parking lot to the photo spot:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...62888,10.743492&spn=0.012785,0.02856&t=h&z=16

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
And, some member photos.

Don't forget to post your photos here!
Yes definitely this is a great shot if you get it during the correct time of day or use a filter. One of my favorite shots.

#3 ·
here is mine...

from 2004...

-MrB

Attachments

#5 ·
There was a farmer on a tractor doing some work in that vicinity when I was there, so it was a no-go. I immediately recognized it when I drove by.

My alternative photo location was a small parking lot right on the edge of the town of Schwangau, with a clear view to Neuschwanstein. I used my 55-200 VR at about 80 mm, f/18, which allowed me to get the castle and the car in focus.

The location ("Official" location circled in light blue, my legal alternative is the "A"):

Without polarizing filter (notice the glare on the windows and the blue tint to the forest :():

With polarizing filter (no window glare, nice colors, sharper woods :)):

#10 ·
Yeah, he was working the field when I was there too, but he didn't seem to care. He had just mowed the grass under the tree shortly before I was there (kind of nice as it allowed me to get a low angle picture). The fork in the road actually goes off to a small (one lift) ski area that you can see from castle).

There was a farmer on a tractor doing some work in that vicinity when I was there, so it was a no-go. I immediately recognized it when I drove by.

#8 ·
+1 on the photos! :bigpimp:

#23 ·
Here is a pic of my car (with wife inside) taken Saturday, July 5, 2008. Drove straight there from the Welt (after seeing the BMW Museum and having lunch of course). Pic was taken late afternoon on a Panasonic DMC-TZ5 digital camera I bought for the wife especially for the trip. I ended up using it more than she did. :supdude:

#25 ·
Here's my attempt. Got lucky with the weather and timing. Just wish that turnout was a bit more level.
You should have parked on the other side of the road

:)

#27 · (Edited)
Here there

First post

Just got my new 135i on Monday morning, and the next day I went to Neuschwanstein Castle

Here is some photos my brothers and I took

Enjoy

What a car and what an experience

Bye the way - the directions were perfect

Anthony

Attachments

#29 ·
Great map! I wish I had this info when I went!

Had the wife and in-laws with me, so as soon as I found a spot I stopped, as I don't think they were up for me driving around too much in the fields. :) This was from just after the fork in the road from southbound B17.

Farther from Neuschwanstein than your location:

That photo was taken from behind the car, parked next to this:

Open access to this little parking area, and no in-laws yelling about driving past a red circle with white center sign! :rofl:

#32 · (Edited)
This is a great thread, wish it had been around before my trip in May. As a second thought though, why not build a whole list of favorite photo ops? These pictures are about halfway down the length of Am Plansee where there is a broad gravel area with no trees.

Attachments

#33 ·
I took a pic similar to that on the Am Plansee. Beautiful back drop

#40 ·
For a closer spot

If you stay at the Hotel Schwanstein you can drive right up to the castle after hours.

These are just from the hotel parking lot. Nice hotel, by the way (see ED link for brief description)

Attachments

#42 ·
I am impressed with all of the interesting pictures here. What a photo spot. I am tempted to comment on the creativity of the people here! What a group.

For instance, I thought this was a great and unique angle. Needs a little fill in flash and then it would really look sharp – something like this:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.