BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Getting new F15 and need a new phone

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  AutoUnion 
#1 ·
I've been an android user for 3 years but from what I'm reading the iPhone is better integrated with connecteddrive. So let's hear it - which one?

#2 ·
iphone 5

I'm not sure which phone is best, but I own an iphone 5 and will pick up my new x5 next week. I went online to shop for an iphone 5 cradle and read that the "BMW Apple iPhone Media / BMW APPS Version Snap In Adapter" works with the iPhone 4. I didn't see one for an iPhone 5.

#4 ·
They do make 5, 5c, and 5s Adapters if your vehicle already has BWM Apps.
NOTE: I understood also that iPhone is the best fix and that BMW and Apple were very into the combo. HOWEVER, to our disappointment, the iPhone does not support the e-mail, SMS or Text display. Some other phones do. There is a page that you can use to check all of this out.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Owner/BluetoothTechnology/bluetoothframedin.aspx

#9 ·
Most F platform cars With the next gen idrive are arriving with eyefree

#10 ·
I understand that the apps are best supported by iOS but also by at least some Android phones.
However BMW office (text and emails on screen) is NOT supported by iOS.

I called them asking which phone to get so that both would work and was advised that they are aware of the issue and basically BMW refuses to deal with it other than by way of vague promises of future updates.

If anyone is aware of a phone which would work with both emails and apps, please post!

#11 ·
5S or 5C. as i stated earlier.

Only update:

CarPlay is gonna a be awhile, and mostly likely best supported by the successor of iDrive 4th gen and 5S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.