BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Deal or No Deal?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  X3emist 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, new here and would like some opinions on this. I don't know anything about this model so I'm interested in more experienced and qualified input.
My wife wants an X3.
I am looking at a 2006 X3, Black Sapphire Metallic/Beige Leather 30k miles.
Auto. Trans., Premium Pkg., Bluetooth, Heated Seats and Privacy Glass. 0.9% for 60 months. $0 down would be at $473/month with GAP insurance and $465/month without. CPO BMW certified through 1/12. The purchase price is $24,900
Deal or No Deal?

Thanks for your replies.

#2 ·
Hello everyone, new here and would like some opinions on this. I don't know anything about this model so I'm interested in more experienced and qualified input.
My wife wants an X3.
I am looking at a 2006 X3, Black Sapphire Metallic/Beige Leather 30,000 miles.
It has Leather Auto. Trans., Premium Pkg., Bluetooth, Heated Seats and Privacy Glass. 0.9% for 60 months (no pre-payment penalties). $0 down would be at $473/month with GAP insurance and $465/month without. CPO BMW certified through 1/12/12. The purchase price is $24,900 (including the certification/extended warranty)

Deal or No Deal?

Thanks for your replies.
Looks like a good deal to me. But I think you are being over charged considerably on the Gap insurance. Have them break it out as what it costs, not in terms of payment. Tell them you will not pay more than $299 for it. This is still $100 over their cost.

#4 ·
you could talk this over with your own insurance agent...might be less expensive or even included in your present insurance policy. upon reflection you might even determine you don't really need "gap" coverage.

i just bought our '06 at the end of lease and our deal is identical to what you described. i opted to pass on gap insurance, and our mo payment is $454

#6 ·
Checked out the car today, looks clean, drove fine. Sapphire Black Metallic/Sand Montana leather. 11/05 build, don't know if that's good or bad. Was originally a lease from this dealer, service records including inspection I and new front tires, they said rear bumper was re-painted due to scuffs possibly from bad parking......ooook. Couple other touched up little knicks, but no deal breakers. Liked the "panoramic" sunroof. Didn't like the old four spoke wheel. No alarm or aux. input on a premium package? Otherwise it would be a done deal.
What do you guys think? Is this fair, or could we get more for this price?

THANK YOU ALL

#7 ·
I think the price is good. The lack of an Aux port and Alarm should not be a show stopper. Both can be added easily - even DIY. See if you can get the dealer to swap the wheels. Otherwise if you're happy with the car go for it. :thumbup:

#9 ·
06 x3 purchase

Just finalized the deal on a clean 2006 x3 black/beige leather, 38k, premium and sport packages, one owner, bluetooth, nav system for $24,900. The dealer had it listed a month ago for $27,400. i think i got a good deal since the retail with all the options came in at $28,100.

#10 ·
I just scored one for 22ish- certified

Sport/Prem, prem stereo, bluetooth, aux in, priv glass, etc still under 1st factory warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.