BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The official E9x OT thread!

2M views 4K replies 138 participants last post by  i🫶myN54 
#1 ·
Many of you have asked for it... so here it is.

While this is OT, all of the rules still apply. Keep in mind that personal attacks an NSFW material will get posters in hot water.

Enjoy.

- Mike

#3,480 ·
Sisters lease endend on the 650i. Today, she leased a 2013 328i convertible! Alpine White Exterior, Coral Red Interior. ZPP, ZCW, Nav,BMW Assist,Sat Radio, Steptronic.

#3,483 ·
End of an election cycle. Now back to a more important topic Climb to the Clouds V - The return of Furby!

CaptainAudio!!!! Contact me :)

#3,484 ·
End of an election cycle. Now back to a more important topic Climb to the Clouds V - The return of Furby!
Furby/Gertrude in 2016? :dunno:

#3,486 ·
So I stopped by the dealer today, to alert them that my winter tires would be showing up in their afternoon mail sometime next week. Didn't expect to see this....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Personal luxury car

I can haz M car? Pleez? :D

The other cars on the showroom floor are either black or white. In comparison, this thing looks like a bomb is in the midst of detonating in the room. :wow:

They have an M6 on the way in San Marino Blue. I can't wait to see the effect of the two of them together...assuming this doesn't get snapped up before then. (It can be yours for the low, low price of eighty large plus a few hundred.)

#3,487 ·
Sis brought her '13 Coral Red on Alpine White e93 home last night. Some differences from my '08 e92 328xi

The suspension has been softened significantly. The runflat tires don't seem to have a huge impact on the ride quality. The seats are nicely padded and bolstered. After about an hour, my butt would start hurting in my e92. The car doesn't crash on harsh pavement anymore. It's more refined. The I6 is of course, a masterpiece and a gem. It's buttery smooth and makes all the right noises.

#3,489 · (Edited)

Just a reminder that you are driving a used car that can be purchased with less than half the Bar Mitzvah money taken in by the average 13 year old. 2012 Hyundai and Kia drivers look down upon you. Think about that. Better park around the block when you visit the relatives for Thanksgiving dinner, wouldn't want them to see you this way.

The F30 is a great car, the upcoming F32 looks fantastic, time to grab ahold of what's left of your self-esteem and visit your local BMW dealer.

BJ

#3,490 ·
Yes, the stripped versions like dealers offer for loaners and like you are used to driving, typically do not hold their values very well. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

#3,494 · (Edited)
We are in Boca Raton for a month.

This AM there were 3 Bentleys a Rolls Royce several S Class Mercedes and a Porsche Panamera Turbo parked in front of the hotel,

None of them were mine :)

CA

#3,496 ·
We are in Boca Raton for a month.

This AM there were 3 Bentleys a Rolls Royce several S Class Mercedes and a Porsche Panamera Turbo parked in front of the hotel,

None of them were mine :)

CA
Now that's a sight to see.

#3,498 ·
#3,510 ·
Hi All,

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Wanted to let you know that on the plane ride to the g/fs parents place in Florida, I proposed to Jen. :)

#3,511 ·
And????.....

Are we to presume she said, "Yes"?

:thumbup:

#3,515 ·
Well I had to keep you all in suspense! She did say yes.

#3,516 ·
+Congrats to you both! :thumbup: (I had a hunch this was the news but would never say so and steal your thunder!)

#3,517 ·
Thanks Zeich!

Even better news, as long as I pay for the building of the ramp, my car will have it's own private parking space soon :)

#3,527 ·
Have to say that when I first read Furby proposed in an airplane on the way to meet the parents all I could think of was the movie "Meet the Parents".

I'm guessing her dad isn't quite the one portrayed by Robert DeNiro? :)

#3,520 ·
:) One of my friends called saying his wife wants to divorce him and have him re-propose to her. She was annoyed that both my proposals were cooler than his. He wasn't happy :D

#3,548 ·
Short fall. They have parachutes on commercial airplanes right?

So that's YOU in that Jarrod's TV advertisement (the one where the guy proposes on the plane)?

Congratulations!!
They modeled him after me, but they used a cheap diamond

Have to say that when I first read Furby proposed in an airplane on the way to meet the parents all I could think of was the movie "Meet the Parents".

I'm guessing her dad isn't quite the one portrayed by Robert DeNiro? :)
LOL. Not at all. Though to be honest, parents never scared me. Most liked me so much they always asked me to come visit, even without their daughters :thumbup: How can someone not love the fuzz :bigpimp:

This forum needs a furby smiles

#3,526 ·
Wow, BJ. I would have thought you would have sprung for a second set of rims rather than mounting and remounting. How do you ensure your rims don't get unneccessarily damaged with all the tire trade outs?

I seriously would like to know as I am dreading my first tire replacement for fear of careless techs.

#3,524 ·
boltjaM3s;7219823 This is what an expensive set of snow tires looks like on a brand new said:
They have great looking treads. What kind of snow tires are they?

#3,533 ·
Just had gotten done with a car wash, had the drying-guys hit them with a little extra elbow grease to get the tire grease off.

The F30 brakes don't cause brake dust (queue joke about stopping ability) so that pet peeve is a thing of the past. Used to drive me crazy having to clean my own wheels every Saturday, no more.

BJ

#3,543 · (Edited)
Today at the Boca Raton Resort and Club

Here is my alternative to dedicated winter tires.
We are at our winter hideaway until Chtistmas.

This is part of the lineup of cars in front of the hotel this morning.

View from our deck. I have seen this boat docked here for at least 5 years. I don't know who owns it and I have never seen it leave the dock.

Looking south from the deck towards the Boca Raton Inlet.
The building in the center of the picture is The Boca Beach Club which is part of the resort. The hotel runs a shuttle bus and a shuttle boat between the two properties,

Moon over Boca.
Night view from the deck looking east accross Lake Boca Raton at the buildings on Route A1A.

Friday nights lineup of cars in front of the main entrance.
Note the E93 (not mine) and the Cadillac.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.