BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

what should be here?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  csnpsu 
#1 ·
I thought I had an AUX hookup but there is nothing there. See below picture. Does anyone know what should be there. This picture was taken from inside of my arm rest.

I have a 2008 528i with the technology package.

See less See more
#6 ·
As boramkiv's link states, the USB/Ipod connection was an option starting with the 2008 LCI models. Your car was not spec'd with the option, it seems. An option for you to have that capability is to search "Denison Gateway 500"

#5 ·
In my car, this:

Ventilating storage compartment in front armrest
1. Fold the folding tray or telephone cradle* upward.
2. Open or close the slider in the storage com- partment.
Depending on the automatic climate con-
trol setting, the temperature inside the storage compartment may be higher than in the rest of the interior. Close the vent as needed.<

#7 ·
USB was an option (6FL actually), however, the AUX port was standard in LCI models. You should have an AUX jack either in the glove compartment or on the back side of the armrest under the vents for the rear seats.

#8 · (Edited)
I have the same spots in my armrest, and didn't have USB or AUX. I cut out that little back vent, ran my AUX cable to it, glued it in place, programmed the car and bingo.
Apparently BMW designed the same armrest for both markets, and those without the AUX/USB in the NA market, left it as a dud.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.