BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Poll: 90% of Frequent Flyers Give TSA Fair or Poor Rating

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Me530 
#1 ·
A few weeks ago, a Gallup poll found that the majority of Americans give the TSA a good rating. Half of the people Gallup polled hadn't flown in the past year. Here is a somewhat different take:

Poll: 90% of Frequent Flyers Give TSA Fair or Poor Rating

by Dan Collins
An overwhelming majority of frequent flyers, 90.8%, thinks that the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is doing either a fair or poor job of managing security screenings at the nation's airports.

The findings are from a survey conducted by Frequent Business Traveler from August 10 to August 31, 2012, in partnership with FlyerTalk, an online travel community. A total of 1,852 frequent travelers took part in the survey. The responses indicate ….
<SNIP>
Read the full story »

See less See more
#2 ·
Doesn't sound like a controlled method, but that certainly mirrors my views. TSA is a bunch of clowns.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#3 ·
Doesn't sound like a controlled method, but that certainly mirrors my views. TSA is a bunch of jack-booted clowns with a higher than normal sense of self-worth and over-inflated egos.

I concur with your first sentence - but would go further in your second... fify to reflect how I feel... :D

#5 ·
You'd think a business with such a low approval rating would go out of business. They seem to exist only for the appearance of security, and to drive up the sales of $2 bottles of water near the gates.

#6 ·
If they were a business, they would.

It's what happens when you let government run things with slacker union employees and no accountability.

#7 ·
Never had a problem with TSA. If I let the TSA process bother me, it would make the typical airborne bus I was about to board seem even worse.:dunno:

What really bothers me is the DYKWIA jerks who cause everybody to get in a defensive crouch and hold up the line. :angel:

Cheers

#8 ·
First they came for my knife, and no one complained.

Then they came for my nail clipper, and no one complained.

They they came for my bottled water, and no one complained.

Now they make me take my shoes off, and give me dirty looks if I even think of complaining.

You have to be pure sheep for it not to bother you in the slightest. I haven't been harassed personally because I know how to behave around people with absolute unquestionable authority over me. That doesn't mean I've enjoyed it. I endured it at least twice a week for years, until I finally got a position with less travel. But I also remember not having to waste extra hours each week at the airport just to clear security early.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.