BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Looking to buy Alpina B7

Tags
alpina b7
15K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  ChrisF01 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone! Been a short time lurker and found this forum very helpful in researching my next BMW purchase. I've been searching and reading a lot about Alpina B7, leases, Euro delivery etc. but felt it was time to ask for expert input given my specific situation.

Looking to purchase an Alpina B7 LWB either from existing dealer inventory or ordering a new one to my specs. Maybe do Euro delivery, the savings seem pretty good.

The lease terms are pretty good right now. MF: 0.00195, Residual 65% (10k/36 months).

Does anyone know if there are still allocations for new B7's? Is it easier to get an order in if you do Euro delivery? Being that the 2013 models are presented soon (this week?) is it advisable to wait and see what 2013 has to offer? I guess it's always advisable to wait... I just don't know when a 2013 would be delivered. Rumors of the standard 750 getting a bump to 450hp makes me wonder what Alpina will do.

I understand I need to speak to a dealer about all the specifics, but I very much value the input from the community. I want to be well informed when starting the discussions.

Any and all input and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

See less See more
#2 ·
The B7 is a monster. I think "LIRacer" might be able to help you. You might want to PM him. Please keep us informed. Good luck!

#3 ·
If the 750 is going to make 450hp it doesn't equate necessarily to the B7 making another 50. What I can tell you is from my experience this past year, the Alpina is amazing. It does everything well. It is very balance, very fast, and handles like an M5. In addition (other then tires...many many tires), it has been flawless in 11,000 miles of fast driving. The only issue I had was the wait for it after I ordered one. It took better then four months. Let me know any specific questions you may have.

#4 ·
The only issue I had was the wait for it after I ordered one. It took better then four months.
I'm living this right now and it sucks... Ordered on 2/15 and current absolute best case for delivery is the first week of June. Car has been produced, but is in Alpina Limbo for a few weeks before it heads to port.

I've owned a ridiculous number of BMWs and I'm more excited about the arrival of this one than I've been about any other.

#5 ·
I purchased my SWB B7 off the showroom floor beginning of 2011, I must have been in the market at the right time, quiet a few dealership in LA had them in stock. At the time I found pretty good deals, in the neighborhood of 15-20% off the MSRP.
The one I bought is a fully optioned model, if I were ordering one, I would skip the night vision, pretty useless in LA.

To date 16K mi on the clock it’s been flawless, as LIRacer mentioned, I also had the misfortune of replacing two front wheels, 4 front, 2 rear tires. If it weren’t for the tire n wheel warranty I would have been in the hole for six grand.

You touched on the subject of 2013 750I Hp output vs B7, Alpina’s Hp numbers may or may not change, I wouldn’t be too concerned about that, more so it’s how Alpina tweaked the 7 series to get to 500hp, for instance, you could be running the car hard on a 100F day with a/c you wouldn’t see the temp needle get passed 250. I commute from Malibu to the Valley daily, mostly on Topanga or Malibu cnyn, in manual mode using the shift buttons, sport + still amazes me how this cushy 5000lb sedan can be so at home ripping through the narrow canyons.

At the of the day B7 is a rare car even on the LA streets, I don’t think the dealers stock them as much as they use to, most likely you will have to order it. Good luck with your purchase, it’s an amazing car.

#8 ·
Just to add the 2013 Alpina B7 should get the latest 8 speed ZF transmission, major upgarde IMO.

#13 ·
Ordered!

Thought I'd just update this with the fact I placed an order for 2013 Alpina B7 a few weeks ago. The lease terms for the 2013 weren't as sweet as the 2012 but there were no '12 production slots left to modify so ended up going with the '13. It's in production as we speak and I'm picking up in Munich Sept 17.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and help!

#17 ·
New order

Thought I'd just update this with the fact I placed an order for 2013 Alpina B7 a few weeks ago. The lease terms for the 2013 weren't as sweet as the 2012 but there were no '12 production slots left to modify so ended up going with the '13. It's in production as we speak and I'm picking up in Munich Sept 17.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and help![/QUOTE

I ordered mine on July 27th, the only thing it states on the phone is car ordered, ready for production with no specific production date? When did they start giving you information of a production date or build date? Thanks in Advance!

#20 ·

Thanks everyone for all the advice and help!
Alpbmw

Congrats! What specs did you end up ordering?

Do you mind sharing the lease rates (mf, residual, etc) that you got? I'm thinking about a B7 too! Thanks

#22 ·
Thank you! Ordered Alpina Blue with Ivory White/Black Nappa. Drivers assistance, Full LED lights, B&O, Rear seat entertainment, BMW Apps. Basically left off the night vision and active cruise control. MF was 0.00145 (+ ED adder). Residual was the same as the regular 750 (I don't recall exactly and have to dig it up when I get back home tomorrow).
Congrats, that's a beautiful combination, maybe I'll run into you again one of these days, see it in person, especially I love to hear the B&O.:thumbup:

#14 ·
amazing ride you cant go wrong! And a order on a special car is worth the wait, as you get to really make it excatly the way you want....I had considered one, but when I saw the crazy lease offers on the AH7, and read how the reviews were driving better (more agile in turns because of lighter front end) than the 760 I figured I give the AH7 a shot. After having the car now for 4 months, been driving it to it's limits...and that is fun, I have been very curious on driving the B7 and feeling the difference in the performance mods of it......I'm sure it's fun. I wouldnt expect to see massive differences in acceleration from what I believe I've read...but I would like to see the handling differences, because I have a hunch they would show up most there! Either way the order wait will drive you nuts, tracking it online....I still remember the name of my ship it came on!.....

#16 ·
I had considered one, but when I saw the crazy lease offers on the AH7...
The AH7 deal was incredible and I would have jumped on it as well had I known about it. I now check this forum daily!

To me, researching and waiting on a car is the most fun process, and the day it arrives will be the most exciting moment. Enjoy and make sure to post some pictures! Yours should be the first LCI Alpina on the forum! :)
The research has been fun and the waiting has been ok so far. I'm pretty sure the worst wait will be between dropping it off in Germany and re-delivery in the US...

I'll post picks upon delivery!

#15 ·
If I were to buy an Alpina, I would special order it the exact way I wanted. To me, researching and waiting on a car is the most fun process, and the day it arrives will be the most exciting moment.

Enjoy and make sure to post some pictures! Yours should be the first LCI Alpina on the forum! :)

#19 ·
I ordered mine on July 27th, the only thing it states on the phone is car ordered, ready for production with no specific production date? When did they start giving you information of a production date or build date? Thanks in Advance![/QUOTE]

I had the same message initially but it just switched last week to say "in production". I ordered about a month before the '13 models were announced but I think they simply don't start production until its closer to pick up date (I'm doing ED). If you ordered for US delivery I'm not sure what the schedule is. But yeah, like the previous poster said, the dealer should know.

Enjoy the car!

#31 ·
My car was in for service twice for squeaking. The tech couldn't even hear it (lazy) the second time - off the road for 10 days. For a while I was thinking I may have to lemon the car and get something else, hence the B7/M5 consideration. But it's fixed now, good as new - new front brakes and rotors, new pads at the rear, new rear left strut.

#30 ·
I love the new M5, and have been thinking about getting one down the road. But after having a 528 loaner for 2 days, I realized that the 5 is just too small. Everything is touch smaller and my wife complain about it everytime she gets in it. I think I already got spoiled with the full siza 7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.