BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

AWD in M5/M6

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  noushy 
#1 ·
Take a look here.

#10 · (Edited)
I think that BMW will follow Mercedes-Benz, who in turn followed Audi, and will ultimately offer various M-series vehicles with an all-wheel drive option. Most people in the northeast US now realize that all-wheel drive makes sense for a daily driver vehicle and not just for a SUV.
Look at the M-B E63s AMG wagon.... 0-62 in 3.6 seconds! Obviously, there is no sacrifice of performance with all-wheel drive and a powerful engine... Also, look at the RS2... it smokes almost every other high performance vehicle, other than a Veyron, etc.

This is all about sales and not any sort of M-series heritage.
BMW does not want to loose sales to M-B or Audi on various high-performance vehicles and I am very confident that they will begin to offer all-wheel drive on selected M-series vehicles over the next 3-4 years in order to remain competitive.

In 2016, my next vehicle, whatever make and model it may be, will have all-wheel drive and it will also be really quick!

#12 ·
I agree on weight but also the car makes too much power as is for RWD only plus the fact that most of us in the upper northern hemisphere have to deal with snow as well. I think it should be an option for those who want it much like the current 3/4/5/6/7 series that all have it available.

Noushy

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.