BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) roll call...

58K views 483 replies 50 participants last post by  BMW550AD 
#1 · (Edited)
I keep seeing some clean F10s rolling around the city, and I keep wondering if any of them are members here on Bimmerfest. If you live any where in or near the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, introduce yourself with whatever info you are comfortable with.

My name is Pradeep, and I live in the Valley Ranch/Las Colinas area (North Irving). I drive a Titanium Silver 2011 535i sport.

#85 ·
Ramble, a couple of questions if I may, as I am also interested in this mod someday. Which quad exhaust are you planning on getting? And, why the 550i msport diffuser and not the m5 since the 550i is shaped like a slanted rectangle?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

#86 ·
Right now its a toss up between Megan and Remus. I'll probably make my decision in a couple weeks. And as to why I'm going with the Msport 550 instead of the M5 diffuser is the spacing, the M5 exhaust looks closer together than the set ups I am looking at. I'll investigate a little further but from what I saw it looks a little different.

#87 ·
Getting the F10 re-delivered tomorrow :) so there will be a Mojave 5er added to the DFW Roll Call.

#88 ·
So is there a meet next weekend?

#89 ·
October 6th I believe - will confirm when I'm at Classic tomorrow.

#92 ·
Congrats Stonemik!! You must be stoked. You know we will be waiting for some pics of your baby. Nice color choice.

Early AM = 8am-10am (latest). If you want to "show" your car and park in the show, you have to get there about 730am.

RambleJ, I am excited about the BMS tune coming in, and for your new exhaust set-up. I am actually hoping to catch up with you this week or next. I will probably get the BMS Stage 1 in the next couple of months. I also will get the 550i rear valence and some dual tips (or square tips). I don't think I will drop the $2k on a full exhaust set-up. BTW, I totally agree that the 550i rear valence will be more aggressive and better looking. I have always had trouble warming up to the closely spaced duals on the E90/E92.

Welcome Terry (TxF10)!

#93 ·
Congrats Stonemik!! You must be stoked. You know we will be waiting for some pics of your baby. Nice color choice.

Early AM = 8am-10am (latest). If you want to "show" your car and park in the show, you have to get there about 730am.

RambleJ, I am excited about the BMS tune coming in, and for your new exhaust set-up. I am actually hoping to catch up with you this week or next. I will probably get the BMS Stage 1 in the next couple of months. I also will get the 550i rear valence and some dual tips (or square tips). I don't think I will drop the $2k on a full exhaust set-up. BTW, I totally agree that the 550i rear valence will be more aggressive and better looking. I have always had trouble warming up to the closely spaced duals on the E90/E92.

Welcome Terry (TxF10)!
Ze tune is in hand! But I have a client in town yestererday and today so after work is consumed with dinners and drinking way too much for weekdays.. But hey, gotta make a living :thumbup:
It should be on my car by Friday at the latest

#94 ·
So this wil be my first time going, is this part of a larger show? How do you recognize fellow festers? (except for you Ramble - the tattoo description should make you easy to spot. :thumbup:

#95 ·
Ha! It is part of a much larger meet. Last time we went, we got there @ 8:30 and we barely found a spot to park inside, and that was a holiday weekend. I figure I will head there @ around 7:00 to get a spot in the BMW section. If anyone wants to meet and caravan there we can set something up.

#98 ·
I know this is off topic, but i was wondering if anyone in the DFW area had any success with coding their F10?

I was able to successfully code:
1. DVD in motion
2. Close trunk from driver side trunk button
3. Close trunk from key fob

I was unsuccessful in coding
1. Power and torque display
2. Tire pressure/temperature display

#113 ·
Deep, sorry I can't help with the "reasonable" part as my last PDR was from Park Place BodyWerks when the hail storm last May 2011 caused over $4K in damages. But they did a good job though, couldn't tell that there was ever any damages to my GS350. Sadly, the GS was totaled a couple months ago but I got a brand new F10 out of it and now get to converse with you fine folks. :thumbup: Shiny

#102 ·
Finally got the tune on my car and I must say this is how the car should come stock. Granted I was spoiled with the power output the tunes would put into my N54's, but the stage 1 tune is definitely worth the $380. I did a couple runs, and I know I am still waiting for the tune to settle in, but for now I can definitely feel the difference. I will definitely report back, after a couple days to see if the tune has completely adjusted.

FYI for anyone planning to install this in the near future, do yourself a favor and remove the airbox to get to the secondary sensor and you will save some skin off the top of your hands and some sanity.

#103 ·
Exciting stuff RambleJ!! Thanks for the update, and please do let us know your follow up thoughts!

So you decided against the stage 2 because of the extra 2 wires that needs to be hard tapped into the CanBUS?

Also, did you already bump your stage 1 boost to 4 or 4.5?

#104 ·
Exciting stuff RambleJ!! Thanks for the update, and please do let us know your follow up thoughts!

So you decided against the stage 2 because of the extra 2 wires that needs to be hard tapped into the CanBUS?

Also, did you already bump your stage 1 boost to 4 or 4.5?
Yup, the extra tapping into the wires is what turned me off from the stage 2. Im not all about stripping and tapping into wires in my cars comp. I can handle unplugging a couple plugs and reconnecting them.

Yes I did bump it from the standard 3.5 to 4.5. Since we have 93 octane here we are good to go for 4.5.

#105 ·
Looking forward to hearing it. You coming out on Sat?

#111 ·
RambleJ, what exhaust did you decide on? Megan? Are you noticing more power and pull with the ECU adapting to the BMS tune? I was hoping that Burger would wisen up and somehow make an adapter for the Stage 2 that would plug between that harness (vs splicing in). With the Stage 1, can you change tunes on the fly (like with the Stage 2)? Is there any loss in driveability or BMW smoothness with the BMS Stage 1? My wife drives the car too, and I did not want her to notice (or complain :D).

TxF10, thanks for the willingness. I always thought it is silly the trunk button on the remote and by the driver's side can't close the trunk.

Sorry to hear about the delay Miamiboyca. Maybe you can ask if they will give you a loaner car until the car comes in. If you paid for the vehicle, you should be able to have one to drive around!

This Saturday should be great driving/show weather for C&C! I hope you guys are ready to make it out. Ramble and I met at the Target parking lot on 635/MacArthur last time.

#112 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear about the delay Miamiboyca. Maybe you can ask if they will give you a loaner car until the car comes in. If you paid for the vehicle, you should be able to have one to drive around!

This Saturday should be great driving/show weather for C&C! I hope you guys are ready to make it out. Ramble and I met at the Target parking lot on 635/MacArthur last time.
It's not that, it's that I am doing ED. So even though I sign this week and get my car at Welt a week from today I still have to wait until its ships to the US. So I will drop it off by the 13th(short trip) but it could take 6-8weeks before I can pick it up at PDC in South Carolina. :-(

Thanks for looking out :). Btw, do we want to meet at the Starbucks off MacArthur and 114 on Las Colinas and head over together? Caravan style?

#117 ·
Planning on it unless something happens Friday. Let me know when and where. Getting comm box looked at today on the f10 may be in the m3 let me know when and where were meeting

#118 ·
My Sat morning just cleared up as I won't be going down to Houston until the afternoon. So I'm up for caravanning if you guys are meeting in Las Colinas.

Btw, this is Binh from Euless. Howdy guys!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

#119 ·
so what time and where are we meeting - comm box replaced in the F10 in under 1 hour so I'm in the for the F10 caravan

#120 ·
RambleJ (Chris), I think you should take the lead for the caravan. As Chris was saying, it really helps to get there early so the F10 gang can claim a spot and represent. I would think that a meet time of 7am in Las Colinas would be a good idea. I know Miamiboyca recommended meeting at the Starbucks on 114/MacArthur.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...a=X&ei=fEpuUPGoCdLzqAHHx4HgDA&ved=0CCYQrwswAA

I wish I could make it out for Cars and Coffee this weekend :( I will be 2 lights away from the Starbucks, working at 7am (at Las Colinas Medical Center).

#129 ·
FYI, I have love and respect for Hyundai!
I wish I could say the same :)

Actually it is a nice car... For my father! Lmao

Ok so settled? The Starbucks at 7:00 am?

#123 ·
Works for me too. Anyone else?

#125 ·
Connect app and Plug-in worked during ED - took redelivery after ED last week, and it didn't work - wouldn't even charge the phone. They told me they replaced it and it's working fine now. (yea still haven't posted redelivery pictures here or in the ED thread) So she's a factory fresh Mojave 528Xi for Saturday. Hope I get the chance to wash her up after work tomorrow night - a bit dusty after the rain this past weekend. She and the M are labeled a "Do Not Wash" at the dealer.
Still though, the M is tired of being a garage queen. She's been there since I took redelivery and really wants to stretch her legs. I may wind up just meeting up with you guys at Classic - Starbucks would be another 30 minute drive. Will post tomorrow so you guys won't be waiting for me.

#126 · (Edited)
Almost forgot - Classic unloaded or rather took delivery on a Limerock M3 today

#131 ·
if I'm not there by 7, don't wait for me - I'll meet you guys there - I'm still at work with 200 more capsules to make for a couple of customers...so much for my ½ day

#132 · (Edited)
Just left work - kinda late so I'll meet you guys there at 7:30ish - will stop on the way home and wash the 5er. Will be wearing a black bowling shirt with stonemik over the pocket.

So you can find me see "Official Welt Delivery Pictures"
'12 528 and the '11 M3

Attachments

#135 ·
Uh where are you guys parked

#137 · (Edited)
I hope you found the guys (maybe just Guy :(). Last time we were in the middle closer to the lot by the back hill.

Mik - I had to back out because of my back but did meet at the Starbucks. Only Cycle showed but he said he was heading over. White 535 MSport - thin Asian guy - named Ben. Not sure what happened to Ramble or Deep.
Hey guys. As I was saying earlier, I have to work this weekend :bawling:. I really wish I could have made it out. Sorry that I missed you Miamiboyca. If I didn't have to be at work at 7am I would have met you guys out there. Sorry to hear your back is giving you issues. I have a hernaited disk, and can relate.

I texted Ramble this AM, but haven't heard back from him. He must have payed the bar owner to keep it open until daylight :D.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Classic Oktoberfest Stonemik. It was like pulling teeth to get a free sun-visor when I bought my car. Not sure if they would give me a free ticket for beer and brats. Lol.

Btw, 10 year pill pusher here. I worked at the Greens (Walgreens) in New Orleans, and do PRN at Target and full time in the hospital setting here in Las Colinas.

#136 ·
Milk - I had to back out because of my back but did meet at the Starbucks. Only Cycle showed but he said he was heading over. White 535 MSport - thin Asian guy - named Ben. Not sure what happened to Ramble or Deep.

#138 ·
Sorry you guys didn't make it. Ran into Cycle. Great guy! Not much of a show I think it's because of the weather and i should have been i. The M. I'm heading home. Maybe next month. We as in BMW didn't have much of a showing there felt real bad for us. Corvette city and mustang town were representing the best. There was an Atom and a Fisker there too.

Oops guess I shouldn't mention then that I got an invite to Oktoberfest.

#139 ·
Maybe next time we do beer and wings :). That way ramble can't stay away. Lol

#140 ·
Sorry guys! Found a place that allowed me to drink till 6am. I was definitely not in any shape to drive my car at all @ 7am. :angel:
We don't have to wait till C&C to have a meet though... Just throwing it out there...:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.