BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Going to pick up my CPO 08 M3 manana

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Oahu Wildcat 
#1 ·
What are the gotchas I need to look for? I started this quest asking whether I should buy a convertible M3 or newer 328i on this forum. Since the vote was eleventy billion to none I went with the M3. Now you have to help me with the purchase. I already dropped a deposit, so it awaits my big check and it is mine.

#3 ·
Well if it is CPO you have the original warranty plus 2 more years and up to 100K miles so not sure what you are asking. Close inspection, getting the right color you want with reasonable options and you should be set.
I also plan to CPO an M3 sedan next year because they don't make a new M3 sedan yet. That is my strategy to find the right car and allow the CPO to work for me. I have two M3's and did my first CPO could not be happier it is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned...

#6 ·
$46k (plus a ridiculous $329 doc fee). Haven't tagged and titled it yet. Keep in mind that it is a CPO convertible with 28k miles, so yes, $49k for a sedan is a rip off. Plane tickets to LA and shipping costs will be less than $3k. So I would pick out a couple of good CPO ones in the LA basin, negotiate via email and then fly to the mainland on a long weekend and pick one out. I negotiated for mine without seeing it and put a small deposit down for them to hold it until I got there and checked it out.

As far as the 335 vs M3, one week ago I would have told you that the 335 might be a better choice. One week into m3 ownership and I am wondering if I shouldn't have just purchased a brand new M3. The car is that awesome.

I lived on the windward side for a few years. Oahu is not the best place for it, but its slow speed handling is as awesome as its high speed, and it is fine in traffic. H3 is going to be a blast in an M3. If you live and work in Town you might--might consider the 335. If you are like me and a.) moving to the mainland someday or b.) keep cars forever, then I would go with the M3.

#7 ·
The worst thing about this is I know exactly what they, Autosource, paid for since they bought it off Craigslist 10 days ago. About the same time I wrecked my 96 M3. The lady off Craigslist told me what they bought it for ...wait ...wait... $35500 ! Now they are jacking it up to $49K. I offered $40k yesterday and they said No. I'm sure someone will pay more but I was really hoping they would want a quick sale. I also offered the dealership 28k their asking 35k and got shot down for 335i w/ Sport and CPO'd. I will look in LA for something, good idea. Aloha.

#10 ·
@ NASA43 and Benjamin1971,
They purchased here on Oahu exact same as NASA43's Silver/ Red M3 sedan. I can get it shipped for $1072 and airtickets are gonna be $400+ but patience is difficult. I did find 4 of them off cars.com for under $40k and under 30k in mileage. But Illinois and Florida is a long drive to West Coast for shipping. Although I really wouldn't mind the long drive in a 08 M3 sedan!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.