BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Brighter Angel Eyes

12K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  dadasaab 
#1 ·
I've searched and searched. I just put in the Mtec V2 today and you can barely see them in the daylight. Is there anything new out there that is way brighter? Like a 6W or something? I want something that can be seen in the daytime like the new 3 and 5 series. Anybody know of anything?

#4 ·
Not to be an ass or anything, but this is the main reason I did not spend $130+ on a set of angel eye LED's that weren't going to be much (if any) brighter than the 5-watt $50 LED bulbs I purchased on ebay. The newer cars have very bright angel eyes, while pre LCI 6-series and 5-series cars have dimmer angel eyes. Thanks for sharing this info with us.

#5 ·
I would love to install the new model angel eyes on my 645. Is it possible to do without spending an arm and a leg?

#11 ·
If you already have the MTECs you can buy some super bright CREE LEDs and just use the casing from your MTECs. This would require a bit of solder and electrical skill, but I've seen people do this kind of thing before.

#13 ·
The rings on each side of the car are from one bulb (kinda). The box shown comes with the two LED bulbs you need. I have the same thing.

#28 ·
I purchased a 5 Watt angel eye to my 6es and it wasn't that good, I paid about $50 for it. Till I found a 10 W yesterday morning on Ebay for $156, the more Wattage the brighter it gets that's what I figured!:bigpimp:
Make sure that the back is WATERPROOF! If not you'll get moisture in the housing and you will spend $200-$1k+ to fix it. :mad:

Many of these after market units are open for venting. :thumbdwn:

#29 ·
Most Angel Eyes should come with a nice O ring to seal it all up. Also slap some electrical tape on the connector.

#36 · (Edited)
What about hid angel eyes? I've seen them for other models, are they available for our cars?

I know they're super bright and may look like a blob of light at night but I wouldn't mind, headlights would be on anyway.
I think they'd look great in broad daylight.

Edit: Seems they're available for LCI models, but not pre-LCI

According to a post on another forum:
"To use HID angel eyes needs 2 codes change:

1. disable error check on AE
2. increase AE voltage from 5v to 11.5v during headlight turn on
You can ask your tuner to disable the error check on AE for you. it is a very sample code. i did it at my local shop EAS. about 30 sec with AE voltage increase same time."

#38 ·
These were recommended to me by E-92-lighting...what say y'all?
(1) BMW 2010 650i, we already have the super bright white CREE led angel eyes http://www.e92-lighting.com/products/DTEC_H8_E92_M3_E90_M3_V2_20W-1072-0.html
(2) here are your HID bulbs, the main projector lights at night http://www.e92-lighting.com/products/MTEC_D1S_6000K_GE_BULB_WHITE-75-24.html
I use the MTEC Xenon bulbs and I'm happy with them. The AE lights are 7000K and that is pretty blue, even thought they say super white. Real white is about 5000K.

I have NEVER seen a replacement AE bulb that looks like the new cars. They are never very bright in the day, and when the fiber in the headlight assembly picks up the new light, the inner vs outer rings are far off balance.

If you can return them it's always worth a try, if not you might wast a fair amount of $$$ playing around.

I know, I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.