BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

You're under 45 and own a Z3?

Z3 Roadster (E36/7) 
24K views 97 replies 76 participants last post by  spicoli73 
#1 ·
Just got to thinking after reading a thread about why do you love your Z3. I noticed most of the respondents were 45+ and got me thinking how many of us Z3 owners are in the younger set. I'm 36 and bought my Z when I was 32. Any others out there?
:dunno:

#29 ·
37, bought mine almost 12 years ago. Sold it last year, but am responding anyway because I still miss that car. But, when I ended up paying ~6k for a couple years in a row for repairs (who knew the compressor, condensor AND evaporator would go out simultaneously!? Even the mechanics couldn't believe it), well, I figured it needed to go.

#44 ·
At 43 I was able to save a great 2001 Z3 3.0 from certain death by crusher. The previous owner ran it extraordinarily hot and you know what happens then!!!!! If I had known how great these cars are I would have had one years ago. I bought this one for the wife but I am now looking to add another one to the stable for me!!

#48 ·
Bought my Z3 6 months ago at 38...really missed having a ragtop and when the opportunity came up I went for it...I actually had just been wanting another convertible in general. I do notice other Z3s and Z4s now that I have one.

I need a universal sign for "why the heck is your top not down?" to flash at them ;-)

#51 · (Edited)
Guess I am the new guy. Just picked mine up 2 days ago and I love it. 1999 Z3 M Roadster. Oh almost forgot 42 years old, everyone is saying this is my mid-life crisis car. I say whatever, looks like a rolling piece of art. Looking forward to talking to you guys! Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.