BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

You're under 45 and own a Z3?

Z3 Roadster (E36/7) 
24K views 97 replies 76 participants last post by  spicoli73 
#1 ·
Just got to thinking after reading a thread about why do you love your Z3. I noticed most of the respondents were 45+ and got me thinking how many of us Z3 owners are in the younger set. I'm 36 and bought my Z when I was 32. Any others out there?
:dunno:

#61 ·
I've been waiting for top seal leaks to be fixed before I remove the seats and fix the sliding problem in my 2001 2.5i. Also going to replace the seatbelt guides. Would love to replace the long panel just below the windshield. It's got several cracks. There is so much brittle plastic around the Z3!!

#76 ·
i'm 30. am planning on buying a 2001/2002 z3 M Coupe within the next six months as a 31st birthday/graduation from medical residency present. by the by does anyone know if there is a resource for people who want to buy BMW engines? i'm researching the feasibility of dropping an N54B30 or N20B20 from the current Z4 into whatever chassis i end up picking up.

#77 ·
20 now, but I bought my car a couple months ago when I was 19. Not sure why Statefarm gave me so much money for my stolen 03 GTI, but I'm not complaining :], proud owner of a 2000 M Roadster :D. 4th car in 4 years now x], but I plan on keeping this one. I've somehow had nothing but good luck on parts.

#80 ·
Evansqui

Actually 73.
Just sold my 2001 Z3MCoupe (S54 engine). and can now devote some time & effort to the usual battery drain problem on my 2000 M Roadster..... pulled every single damned fuse and relay in the front power distribution box and still have significant drain across the battery.

#83 ·
75 and have owned five Z3's....two coupes and three roadsters...Currently own a 1997 2.8 roadster, manual shift, DunkelGrun II paint. (Best looking brg color out there) I am basically a british car guy but am now too old to work on them have sold al British cars with the exception of the mgb gt with the sebring body and 3.9 aluminum Rover V8.
I honestly believe the Z3 is as close as you can come to an "old school" sports car but with the conveniences of modern technology...side bar..this is the FIRST Z3 I have owned that does not have rear axle noise...I am keping it..
Cheers

#86 ·
Shew.... just beat the cutoff. I'm still under 45 (44) and will hopefully have many more years to enjoy my Z3 with the 45+ group.

I'm a converted motorcycle rider after a recent accident that could have been *much* worse. I bought my Z3 to fill the void left by my bike. It was a way to keep the wind in my hair whilst surrounded by airbags!

I had actually considered getting a roadster over a year ago. I even test drove a Z4 Coupe while contemplating a move away from 2 wheels. I always loved the look of the Z3 and no other car would do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.