BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1995 E34 Electrical Troubleshooting Manual

45K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Bavarian Raven 
#1 ·
#2 ·
THANKS, i have many electrical bugs, some worked out, but some didn't/are intermittent, this will help a lot!!

#4 ·
Im going to sticky this if the OP doesnt mind? Id like to rename the thread if you wont take offence, just remove the 1995 part? is that okay?

Please note, to people using this in the future, european market cars will be very similar if not identical, but some further research may be required.

It will also be of NO use to 520i owners, they run a totally different body loom to other E34 models

#31 ·
Thread was not renamed.

#5 ·
There has been tons of threads about how to wire your stereo system.
There is a PDF online however the link is broken.
So I took it upon myself to upload a copy

A/D/S e34 stereo system schematic

#10 ·
BMW Repair Manual: 5 Series (E34): 1989-1995
The BMW 5 Series (E34) Service Manual: 1989-1995 is a comprehensive, single source of service information and specifications specifically for BMW 5 Series from 1989 to 1995. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your E34 5 Series.

Though the do-it-yourself BMW owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the BMW owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.

Models and engines covered:
525i (M20 with DME 1.3) 1989-1990
525i (M50 with DME 3.1) 1991-1992
525i (M50TU/VANOS with DME 3.3.1) 1993-1995
530i (M60 with DME 3.3) 1994-1995
535i (M30 with DME 1.3) 1989-1993
540i (M60 with DME 3.3) 1994-1995

#11 ·
I need a pinout for my harness.

Hello fellow BMW folks....

I am seeking the 55 pinout on a 1.3 motronic harness for an 179 ECU that I wish to piggyback with my Haltech ECU.

The wiring I have on my OEM ECU starts with Pin 1 = Red/White, Pin 2 = Red, Pin 3 = Brown/Black, Pin 4 = Brown/Blue, Pin 5 = brown/Grey, Pin 6 = Empty, Pin 7 Empty, Pin 8 = Yellow, Pin 9 = Black, and Pin 10 is Empty. Is there any 55 pinouts that represent these first 10 wires? Please contact with whatever information you may know, so that I can proceed with this undertaking.

Thank you very much.

Brian

#12 ·
I have a question about my dash lights. Sometimes when I turn on my lights at night the lights for the air con controls light up and sometimes they don't light up until I hit a speed bump or something. Is it just the lights I the dash or do I need to fix some circuitry?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#19 ·
Window switch-just unscrew it and replace it, GM pull it out and pop another in, regulator-gut the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.