BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Craigslist Finds Thread

Tags
:3
623K views 10K replies 296 participants last post by  ChuckyVee 
#1 ·
i do it, you do it....we all do it. so what's the sense in hiding it?

post you're craigslist finds, we'll discuss and give opinions on the deals. woohooooo:bigpimp:

#3,903 ·
Nothing I can really use there, Miles...

#3,911 ·
I just unbolted my jumper terminal and laid it down sideways. I'm not sure if I have a pic, I will look....

#3,912 · (Edited)
K this is the only picture I have...

The easiest way to see how they mount is to look at where the 20 pin connection mounts on the strut tower, one of the brackets is pretty much the same thing, the other mounts to the firewall just below the cover for the DME. You are probably missing the plastic piece that mounts the front of the tank (my tank came with it).

I'll check realoem for a better pic..

Edit: here is a pic of the front bracket

Edit Edit: Part number 25 is what you are missing:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BF91&mospid=47432&btnr=17_0102&hg=17&fg=05

#3,918 ·
Yeah, they're fairly hard to come by, but his price is still high by about $300-400. And his asking price for the car is also too high, but whatever. $8200 for an automatic convertible M3 with 124k miles? No thanks. What's also funny is that he lists the hardtop for sale at $1700 in that ad, but then later specifies an $1800 price differential depending on whether you buy the M3 with or without the hardtop, and then lists the hardtop for $1500 when you click the link in this CL post. Dude can't seem to get his story straight.

#3,920 ·
I've seen three of them come up for sale just in the Southeast (AL, MS, GA, TN, FL) in the last year. All were about $1100ish. All three were shades of blue! At least one I recall was Estoril.

There isn't really an M3-specific model of hardtop, is there? I thought a hardtop was a hardtop.

#3,933 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.