BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M5 Pricing and Ordering Details - Dealers taking orders starting April 23rd 2012

12K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  necromancer 
#1 · (Edited)
2013 BMW M5 pricing and order information

After a very long wait for US enthusiasts BMW has finally announced F10 M5 pricing and order details. The fifth generation M5 will launch as a 2013 model year going into production in July and arrives in show rooms late August with a MSRP base price of $90,695 including destination and handling.

The much anticipated M5 is powered by the most powerful engine ever fitted to a BMW M car. The high revving 560 hp TwinPower Turbo V-8 mated is connected to the M-Double Clutch DCT 7 speed transmission. The power is put to the ground through the an Active M Differential which optimizes power transfer between the rear wheels ensuring the engine's performance is transferred to the ground. The new M5 has 10% higher more out then the V10 engine of its predecessors the E60 M5 and torque is up by over 30%. With EfficientDynamics in mind fuel consumption and CO2 are reduced by approximately 30%.

Standard features on the 2013 BMW M5 Sedan include:
  • 560 hp M TwinPower V8 engine
  • M enhancements throughout the chassis
  • M instrument cluster
  • Aluminum Trace interior trim
  • M Driving Dynamics settings for engine, steering, and suspension,
  • Two M Drive System buttons
  • 19" forged M wheels
  • Merino Leather Upholstery
  • M multi-contour seats

Optional features on the 2013 BMW M5 Sedan:
  • Executive Package
  • Driver Assistance Package
  • M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
  • Manual Transmission
  • Full Merino Leather
  • M Head-up Display
  • 20" Forged M Wheels
  • B&O sound system
  • Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
  • Rear-seat Entertainment System
  • BMW Apps

[featureimg="BMW M5 starts at $90,695]http://www.bimmerfest.com/gallery/BMW-F10-M5-Revealed/medium/BMW-F10-M5-Revealed-101.jpg[/featureimg]

How to get your hands on an 2013 F10 M5
To be one of the first to own a 2013 F10 BMW M5 the phone banks will be opened on April 23rd. BMW beings producing US spec cars in July and we've been told there will be plenty of production spots. You'll still want to call in your order in early to get one of the first M5s. The M5 Order and Price Guide will be released in the next week or so, stay tuned for the details. European Delivery spots at the BMW Welt will be available starting September 1st.

Who's going to be the first Bimmerfest member to order an F10 M5?

See less See more
#4 ·
I like the way you think! :thumbup:

#8 ·
The ceramic brakes is likely to be pretty high. Porsche is *K upgrade, my bet it will be $5+K (just a wild guess, no basis in fact).
I'd be interest in M5 ED.

#9 ·
With BMWCCA, some Holiday love and ED, you could have this gem for $78,000 or so. Maybe even less. Not too shabby for that level of performance and comfort.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

#11 ·
Yes, off the MSRP. I might consider brakes and wheel upgrades and that's it. Rest of the options won't make it go faster so what is the use? Better leather? Better stereo?
You wait one year and pay $1000 over ED invoice, get some holiday credit and $1500 from BMWCCA and you are in that $78-79K range.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

#13 ·
Brakes will probablly be 5k wheels 2500.. (estimate) You will be at approximately 98k.. Sorry, but you are not locking In the car for 20k off. I'm not sure how ED works.. Isn't the ED savings wiped out by the cost of the trip? I'm sure the ED experience is close to priceless

#14 ·
I'm going to ask my dealer If bmwcca is applicable on the 2013 M5's.. I know you can shave a G by attending their BMW olympic games test drives or if they have a similiar promotion between now and august.. Maybe returning customer can shave another G????
Best case scenario I can see MSRP reduced by 3500

#15 ·
Here is how I figure it. If you get the base car which is pretty much decked out you are at $89,800. ED MSRP should be 7% less bringing the car down to $83,514. Inside this figure is dealer profit. That number is probably around $5000. Once demand drops off and these cars are no longer coming out of dealer allocation(6 months buy most reports), most board sponsers will be able to process this order for $1000 or less over ED invoice. For easy math, lets figure they will knock off $3514. Now this car is $80,000 flat. Some holiday incentive or Olympic incentive and BMWCCA and you are at $78,000 or less. You then need to add back $895 of destination and see if there will be a gas guzzler tax($3500 or so).

As far as the cost of ED trip, many people do it with rewards points both flight and hotel. If you don't have the points, you take a vacation each year normally? Flights on shoulder season will be in the $800-900 range these days. Bring a buddy and you split hotels, food and gas. Even if the trip costs $4000 the car will still be far less expensive than buying from dealer who will not deal off US MSRP for next few years. The only downside to ED is waiting for redelivery which is 8-10 weeks. But the thrill of picking up your car at the Welt, seeing and driving in Europe is priceless!

Drive the car for two years and sell it for $70,000. Enjoy and incredible car for $4000 per year plus lots of fuel. That is $333 per month. Try to find a V6 Accord for that payment!:dunno:

#16 ·
Necromancer,
If your numbers are even close, I am definitely in for the M5 and I have the patients to wait on the order and to wait for redelivery. Wouldn't mind redeliverfy in Spartanberg either.

#18 ·
I pinged him via PM for more details and came back to the same conclusion. I can patiently wait on the car (especially now that my wife drives a Porsche).

#17 ·
i think his numbers may be close after a year or more.. i paid 13 off msrp for an 08 e60 in early 08
the initial m5's will be sticker minus the bmw Olympic money (1k), bmwcca (1k) and hopefully some kinda loyalty money (1 - 2k)

i don't think there were a lot of discounts on the 1 series M car....

#19 ·
Hey guys... soo once you drive those cars for 2-3 years... How about you sell it to me and I'll take if off your hands? Assuming you take good care of the car :D ( I am not joking) I plan on contacting someone who plans on buying an M5 so that we have a mutual agreement after 2-3 years, I'll buy the car off them. ;)

#21 ·
I am in. Just need a dealer who will deal on an ED at $1k over.

#23 ·
We have two M5's lined up for order & delivery!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.