BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Complete Model Year 2012 F10 5 Series Pricing Here Now!

47K views 64 replies 32 participants last post by  Travel4Surf 
#1 ·
Model Year 2012, Effective 9/11

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you have details for what each package now includes? There are some big changes from 2011.

Thanks,

#4 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Great info! Thanks! Do you happen to know what the dealer cost is for 535xi? Woulud be good to know that to help with negotiations at the dealership.

#7 ·
Jon,

Thanks very much for this. Will help me to do my French-to-English (er, rather, 2011-to-2012) translation, so that I don't miss any of the options my CA and I planned based on the 2011 specs.

#9 ·
I think ambient lighting is standard. I could be wrong. However, I don't think they would not offer that feature. That's one thing that everyone has been raving about!

#11 ·
Ordering my car for 2012 model would cost me an additional $1825. Plus another 1825 in depreciation loss on the old car. Delta -$3650

#12 ·
Not quite ... You had the use of the old car without additional expense during this period.

#17 ·
driving dynamics control with ECO pro is standard :D

active roll stabilization 2,500.00 :p

if you get both you have then the adaptative drive :bigpimp:

#18 ·
I'm new here, thanks so much for the info. I've had my 3 series for 6 years and just placed my deposit today on a 2012 550i with M Sport. The early prices helped me quite a bit with negotiating my deal so thanks a ton. November can't come fast enough -- can't wait. I've gotta say, though, I've never loved a car as much as my 325. Still love driving it every day - I don't think many car owners of other brands can say the same thing. I've driven a ford and a honda in the past - while I didn't hate driving them or have any complaints about them at the time, I was never as enamored with them as I am with my current 3. I sure hope I don't regret moving into a larger 5-series.. I've heard some negatives about the steering having a disconnected feel.

On a side note, I noticed I wasn't able to have Black Sapphire as a color option with the M Sport package. Anyone have the Carbon Black? I hear it looks kinda blue but have yet to see it in person. Should I just stick with Jet Black?

- Nick

#19 ·
I agree, the 3 series is a fun car to drive
are you leasing?
when are you getting your car?

#20 ·
Hey JonDoc, I am purchasing rather than lease. Just placed the deposit this weekend so not completion date just yet but I'd imagine since they'll start production on the 2012s Sept 1 it'll arrive early November. I'm still trying to figure out if I should add the HUD or not... decisions, decisions.

#21 ·
get it, most of the people here who has this like it a lot
also it comes with the extended black pannel:thumbup:

#26 ·
So this 'driver experience control' and ECO PRO are something new for 2012? Is that what's driving the 2k base price increase?

#28 ·
new stuff standard

auto start-stop
floor mats
driving dynamics with ECO pro
ambiance ligthing
BMW assist
bluetooth
bmw teleservice
IPOD adaptor/Combox

#40 · (Edited)
if you want the car with specific packages is better to custom order it
first you need to choose the color and specs
the go to bmwconfig to customize it and get the invoice
time to negotiate from invoice, 2-3 dealers ( loyal credit, nav credit )
choose the best offer ( dealer )
order the car to your specific specs
wait 6-8 wks for the car to arrive

#42 ·
I just can't understand why BMW altered the 2011 5-Series Dynamic Handling Package and the Sport Package. They have made it more complicated and surrepticiously increased the price of buying both at once.
Deciphering the 2012 set-up, it appears that one can buy the sports package ZSP without Active Roll Stabilization ARS but you can't buy ARS without ZSP. This doesn't make any sense. The ZSP is meaningless without ARS.
There is confusion over what comprises Adaptive Drive. I initially thought that it is an umbrella term for combining Active Roll Stabilisation with Dynamic Damping. Yet the PDF stated that ARS is bundled with Adaptive Drive. I would be relieved if anyone can succinctly explain what Adaptive Drive is.
Furthermore does anyone know whether one can attain the Sport Packkage ZSP without Shadowline trim? I prefer cars that present a chrome trim. This brings out the Hoffmeister Kink and is a beautiful site especially against vivid dark paint. I don't see how making the car look sporty has anything to do with Shadowline trim.

#43 ·
I just can't understand why BMW altered the 2011 5-Series Dynamic Handling Package and the Sport Package. They have made it more complicated and surrepticiously increased the price of buying both at once.
Deciphering the 2012 set-up, it appears that one can buy the sports package ZSP without Active Roll Stabilization ARS but you can't buy ARS without ZSP. This doesn't make any sense. The ZSP is meaningless without ARS.
There is confusion over what comprises Adaptive Drive. I initially thought that it is an umbrella term for combining Active Roll Stabilisation with Dynamic Damping. Yet the PDF stated that ARS is bundled with Adaptive Drive. I would be relieved if anyone can succinctly explain what Adaptive Drive is.
Furthermore does anyone know whether one can attain the Sport Packkage ZSP without Shadowline trim? I prefer cars that present a chrome trim. This brings out the Hoffmeister Kink and is a beautiful site especially against vivid dark paint. I don't see how making the car look sporty has anything to do with Shadowline trim.

#45 ·
There isn't enough info on differences between 2012 MY 535i and 550i. If we talk about 2011; it was obvious that BMW was subliminally encouraging customers to buy the 550i over the 535i. The msrp shows a $10000 difference in base prices but when one looks deeper, it is clear that the 2011 550i came with many more desirable standard features eg navigation, leather upholstery, ambient lighting, park distance control, 100% chrome grill etc. There is $5000 worth of standard features. This means that the net cost difference is only $5000 and it is worth it to attain the mighty 550i engine.
The 550i is not just faster from a stop. It has far better passing acceleration in the important bandwidth 25 - 70mph. This is very handy when overtaking an obstructive truck on the highway.

Cosmetically the 550i looks better. The trapezoid exhaust tips give the car balance. The cylinders in the 535i look too skinny for the car!

#46 ·
Drive dynamic control

Where does one find information on this? I do not see it anywhere on the bmwusa website for the 2012 535 xdrive. I agree that BMW packages just kill ya. Dealers seem to have a 62k ideal price point on their inventory. Thus I've seen a 2011 sport without sport tranny so no select buttons. I would forgo the sport in a 12 if there was some button to adjust throttle etc like ddc standard

#47 ·
Ordering 2012 BMW 528xi - need help

Hi I just spoke with a dealer about ordering a 528 xi 2012 model with premium package, technology package, and cold weather package, metallic paint, and leather. MSRP on this configuration is $55,900. His offer is $50,800. Invoice he claims is $51,500 after the $1,730 credit for NAV.

Is this a good price? Any advise? New to forum and this will hopefully be my first BMW.

#51 · (Edited)
Hi I just spoke with a dealer about ordering a 528 xi 2012 model with premium package, technology package, and cold weather package, metallic paint, and leather. MSRP on this configuration is $55,900. His offer is $50,800. Invoice he claims is $51,500 after the $1,730 credit for NAV.

Is this a good price? Any advise? New to forum and this will hopefully be my first BMW.

Sounds like the same price that was given to me in NY for the 528i x drive. 55,775 (non-metallic paint) 50,300.00 lease price.

#49 ·
CA told me a couple of weeks ago that the Driving Dynamics with EcoPro is standard.

#50 ·
2012 528i or 2011 535i

Bimmer experts.

I am currently negotiating to buy a 2011 535i demo model from my local dealer. I have driven the 2012 528i and am confused on what to do. I like the 4-cyl engine although the savings in gas is not the most important factor to me. I am by far not a BMW expert like some of you. What do some of you recommend? go for the 2011 535 demo or 2012 528?? I know if i wait for the 2012 535i, the deal wont be as good as with the 2011. Any suggestions??

Eric-

#52 ·
2012 BMW 528 lease

Hi all,

just leased a 2012 528
Imperial Blue
Premium package (Oyster/black dakota leather)
Tech Package (backup camera + parkings sensors)
Heated Front seats
NAV + xenon + power tailgate
BMW apps

MSRP: ~54k
PURCHASE: ~47k

36 months/12k
3k total drive off
$544 per month + tax

Was this a good deal? how popular is this color combination?

#53 ·
What is the selling price of the car, the mobbed factor, the residual value and the acquisition fee? You cannot judge the lease deal unless you know all of its component parts. Oh and never pay a big drive off. Roll taxes into the lease. Do not pay a cap cost reduction.

#54 ·
Hi sdg1871,

thanks for the reply.

MSRP: $53,325
Selling price: $46,450 Gross cap cost: 47,175 (including acquisition fee of $725.00)
rebates: $1,000
Cap cost reduction: $593.13
Residual value: $29,862.
Mobbed factor: ? (what is this?)

Base Monthly Payment: 550.47
Total Monthly Payment (+ tax: 593.13)

#55 ·
Oops. I meant money factor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.