BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Next M3 & HPFP?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bmw325 
#1 ·
I thought that BMW would have , by now, resolved the HPFP issues?
But many are saying otherwise.
So does this drama continue to the "F" series?
With all this Hi-tech ability they have, why can't the get this right:dunno:
Never mattered much to me, as I own a 2002 325i and 2011 M3, both having those wonderful NA engines that used to be BMW.

No more, now we are stuck with ALL F.I., no "choice" any longer?
I might like to get the F80 M3 when it is released...ANYONE out there think, by then, the HPFP issues may be resolved once for all?
How hard can this be?

I am not a tech wizard or automotive "rocket scientist" like some of you out there...
...( i mean that in a positive complimentary way:thumbup:), but some of you understand this problem much better than most of us, and the REASON, I am posting in the M3 forum is that some of you are previous 335i (135i & Z4 35i) owners and have had to deal with this.
Now, we M3 enthusiasts will have to deal with it too, if we move on to the F8x.

What do you think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, that hadn't even occurred to me that there would be ZERO NA engines in the BMW car lineup. Yuk.

#3 ·
Just checked BMW USA Web site. 128 and X3 still have na engine available for 2012...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer

#5 ·
Haven't seen any complaints lately about the HPFP but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. BMW was hard at work trying to get a fix out(new HPFP's) after they did the 60 minutes segment on the HPFP problem.

#6 ·
FYI, the High Pressure Fuel Pumps are only required on direct injection engines, not necessarily turbo engines. Somewhat semantics since all the new turbo engines I've seen coming from BMW are direct injection. Besides the HPFP issues, there are also lots of reports of having to clean out ports on an interval to maintain power which is another concern with direct injection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.