Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-03-2005, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 730i
Question Colors colors colors!

Hey everyone, glad to be joining this community. I just placed my order for a 330i in Norcal, but I keep flipping about what color I should outfit my machine with. The colors on the bmwusa website are quite misleading--the alpine white, for example, looks a little metallic/shiny, but in real life, it's really just white!

Does anyone have pictures of what those colors will actually look like in RL? E.g. a Beemer with an arctic coat (I suppose it doesn't have to be the E90)? I am currently vacilitating among arctic, graphite, and white. Or maybe monaco blue. Aah, I'm indecisive and I sense my dealership getting annoyed with my fickle moods.
Ads by Google
Old 06-03-2005, 06:39 PM

I'll get it started off with pics I found:

Red:

White:

Blue:

Graphite:
Old 06-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 E92 M3, '03 330i ZSP
I may be a little biased...

There was really no reason to post any more pics after the first one.

Electric Red!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: Jeep
It's always fun to see your pictures show up throughout these forums. I really enjoyed taking the pictures of the "Red" one at the Denver Auto Show. This was my first encounter with the new 3 Series. Just got a call from the local dealership offering to get me an invitation to the upcoming 3 Series "Ultimate Driving Experience" at Invesco Field. The team at Ralph Shomp BMW in Littleton are fantastic! I know that you can sign up on-line, but it's good to know that they are working it.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:29 PM
USC Yque

Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Cardinal
I'll get it started off with pics I found:

Red:
That's a pretty nice truck on the lady with her back-end towards the camera.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:19 PM

Oops, just checked out E90post.com. Tons of pics there, making this thread a little obsolete. Artic is too....bleh. It's down to graphite and white. I think I prefer graphite, but am unsure it's worth the extra dough.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:31 PM

Mein Auto: Honda Accord
Titanium Silver shows how beautifully the body is sculpted. I think this is great color. My order is Titanium Silver / Black Leather...

These pics are from e90post. Thanks e90post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2441.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	51395   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeremy76lh_1112136559_e90_4.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	51396   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2441.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	51397   Click image for larger version

Name:	as4.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	51398  
Old 06-04-2005, 02:48 AM

Mein Auto: E90 330i
I suggest that you not make your color choice based on pictures on the Internet. I mean there are so many variables in the process of getting that picture to your screen in terms of color that its just a move asking for trouble.

Drive to a dealer and see them in person. That's the only proper way to know what the car looks like in a certain color. And the dealers are a dime a dozen in the Bay Area.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:29 AM
2011 335is on order

Mein Auto: 2011 335is
E90 red looks so much different in person. I was going to order Electric red but changed my mind as soon as I saw the color in person. Sparkling Graphite looks better in the shaded area or in doors. It has little bit of purple tones under the direct sunlight. Silver looks much brighter in person as well. So, never choose a color based on pictures... See it in person... As for me, I decided to go with Titanium Silver and it is in order....
Old 03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Too Beaucoup

Mein Auto: E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by egtlover74
E90 red looks so much different in person. I was going to order Electric red but changed my mind as soon as I saw the color in person. Sparkling Graphite looks better in the shaded area or in doors. It has little bit of purple tones under the direct sunlight. Silver looks much brighter in person as well. So, never choose a color based on pictures... See it in person... As for me, I decided to go with Titanium Silver and it is in order....
It's fun to read these "which color" threads, to see the diverse (and all valid) opinions.

I actually like the subtle purple tone you sometimes see with SG. I saw SG in a showroom once and could see subtle brown tones at a certain angle. I liked it. Maybe I'm weird, but that's one of the appeals to SG, IMO.

Forget the bmw website for color decisions, exterior and interior. The Terra is very different looking from what the website shows.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 S4
Quote:
Oops, just checked out E90post.com. Tons of pics there, making this thread a little obsolete. Artic is too....bleh. It's down to graphite and white. I think I prefer graphite, but am unsure it's worth the extra dough.
I felt the same about Artic as you do until I went to my dealer and saw the color on a 330i. Looks real good in person, especialy with blk interior. If you are down to choosing one of three colors, you should be able to go to your dealer to check out the colors in person; Artic, Graphite and White are popular colors.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:06 PM
BMW Fahrer

Mein Auto: E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuts3
I felt the same about Artic as you do until I went to my dealer and saw the color on a 330i. Looks real good in person, especialy with blk interior. If you are down to choosing one of three colors, you should be able to go to your dealer to check out the colors in person; Artic, Graphite and White are popular colors.
I liked Arctic as well when I saw it in person. It looks *nothing* like the Internet pics, nor like the puny brochure sample. I actually held the brochure on the car's hood and they were very different.

One vote for Arctic here, must be the underdog color of the E90 line...

adc
03 330 ZHP
Old 03-01-2006, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: '06 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc
...One vote for Arctic here, must be the underdog color of the E90 line...

adc
03 330 ZHP

I think that title goes to Sonora.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
Jet Black with Black Leather & black tint

Sparkling Graphite was not as impressive as I thought it would be in person. Titanium Silver is great but it is a common color among all lower end cars like Accord, Camry, etc., Even though maintaining is a pain, I special ordered a 330i Jet Black with Black Leather. On delivery I tinted it with 35% black tint all around (except windshield) and added a black E90 spoiler. With the wheels (#162) that comes standard on the Sports package the vehicle is one looker. I have no regrets. Having said above, color is a personal choice and in BMW's case never choose a color from its catalogue or pictures, go see it in daylight.

Some color facts to consider (hearsay, ignorance to be pardoned):
a) Dark colors make vehicle look small
b) Silver is number one color in US (sales volume) with best resale value
Old 03-01-2006, 03:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc
I liked Arctic as well when I saw it in person. It looks *nothing* like the Internet pics, nor like the puny brochure sample. I actually held the brochure on the car's hood and they were very different.

adc
03 330 ZHP
No question that Artic looks totally different in person. In fact, when I walked in to the dealer to order my 330i, I was ready to order Graphite w/ terra int. But when I saw a 330i on the floor in Artic I felt compelled to change my mind - I ordered the combo that I saw on the floor - Artic w/gray int. Gorgeous! And I'm not a great fan of gray, but it looked perfect with the Artic exterior.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:06 PM

Mein Auto: '15 M3 (ED)
I'm waiting for Arctic with lemon interior. I'll just have to stop hopping into my car with wet, brand new, blue jeans. I was also going to get Graphite until I saw Arctic "in the flesh".
Old 03-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Bimmer Dreamer

Mein Auto: 2011 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc

adc
03 330 ZHP
Arctic Rocks!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	i.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	69561  
Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Arctic w/ Terra was my choice...

Went to a dealer planning to buy a 550i (Silver & Black) and saw a beautiful Arctic w/ Terra parked in front of the showroom ready to be delivered. I switched cars after the test-drove...and color combo generated a greater gut reaction than any of the other colors I saw on the lot (most were on hand).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-Terra & Walnut Interior (Fnt & Back 2).JPG
Views:	221
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	69791  
Old 06-04-2005, 06:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
Quote:
Hey everyone, glad to be joining this community. I just placed my order for a 330i in Norcal, but I keep flipping about what color I should outfit my machine with. The colors on the bmwusa website are quite misleading--the alpine white, for example, looks a little metallic/shiny, but in real life, it's really just white!

Does anyone have pictures of what those colors will actually look like in RL? E.g. a Beemer with an arctic coat (I suppose it doesn't have to be the E90)? I am currently vacilitating among arctic, graphite, and white. Or maybe monaco blue. Aah, I'm indecisive and I sense my dealership getting annoyed with my fickle moods.
Saw an Arctic E90 parked at the curb the other day in bright sunlight. It looked sensational. I thought this was a sissy color when I saw pictures of it but now I would give it serious consideration.

I could never live with the dark colors like graphite or blue. They need to be washed at least weekly if not more often or they will look dirty. I can't devote that much time to keeping a car clean, but if you can keep them clean they will look good.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to quackman
Mein Auto: 2006 electric red 330i
I'm going with Electric Red. It's the same color red used on the E46. For the past few years I've seen that color on them, fallen in love with it, and when I heard it was being offered on the E90 I had to get it.
Look at all the colors in person like everyone stated. You may find that special something in a particular paint color that is only evident to you in person.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: Bimmer of course!
Damn that blue looks black. They shouldn't have bothered with blue if it was gonna look almost black.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:47 AM
///Man of Steel

Mein Auto: Monaco 335 Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by terps
Damn that blue looks black. They shouldn't have bothered with blue if it was gonna look almost black.
It's weird that the poster put "blue" when there are two types of blue available in the US (and more in Europe).

The very dark blue pictured is Monaco, which looks essentially black unless seen under light.

Mystic Blue on the other hand is very clearly blue and looks pretty nice from all the pics I've seen.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 135i
Quote:

If you placed the order for your car already, why are having a rough time choosing a color? I wouldn't think you couldn't change the color if you ordered it. If it's one already on the lot, no big deal. But it sounds like you placed a special order for one.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
I bought my 330i in Sparkling Graphite w/ black dakota leather. The picture is nice but doesn't do it justice. The car looked incredible after they detailed it. The silver is nice also but my wife's SUV is that color so I went with this.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Boas

Mein Auto: 2006 325xi
Sparkling graphite on 325xi

Put a deposit down on 2006 325xi.

Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Poplar Wood
Gray leather
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Steptronic
Xenon Adaptive Headlights
Park Distance Control

Sales rep stated that production may start in August, definitiely in Sept. Mine makes 6 on order with expectecd allocation of 8.

Last edited by boas1; 06-05-2005 at 09:35 PM.