Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 06-07-2005, 10:48 AM

Mein Auto: Porsche Boxster S soon M3
M3 in production and how to pass the time

Well my new Silver Gray M3 Coupe started production yesterday and is due to complete on 6/14. Interestingly the OC site still only says it's on order where as the 1-800 number gives me more accurate information.

What do you think will be a reasonable target date for it to be at the dealer (NY)?

As a way of passing time, I have been driving a Silver Gray M3 around Nurburgring on Grand Turismo 4 using a Logitech Driving Force Pro which has a SMG just like the real thing and excellent force feedback giving a good feel of the forces at work on the car (including road surface).

David
Ads by Google
Old 06-07-2005, 03:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 M3; 1998 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacostad
Well my new Silver Gray M3 Coupe started production yesterday and is due to complete on 6/14. Interestingly the OC site still only says it's on order where as the 1-800 number gives me more accurate information.

What do you think will be a reasonable target date for it to be at the dealer (NY)?

As a way of passing time, I have been driving a Silver Gray M3 around Nurburgring on Grand Turismo 4 using a Logitech Driving Force Pro which has a SMG just like the real thing and excellent force feedback giving a good feel of the forces at work on the car (including road surface).

David

Can't offer any remedy for the wait. It is painful. Regarding the information on OC, it's a little slow. The 800 number is more accurate. As far as a timeline for your new ride, here's what I'm going through...

May 9th - M3 enters production
May 18th - production complete
May 20th - on the way to port of exit
May 26th - leaves Bremerhaven on the Pacific Breeze for Port Hueneme, CA (I'm in So. CA too)
June 20th - Pacific Breeze scheduled to dock in CA

From there, I've been told by my dealer that the car will be at the VPC a few days, then transported to the dealership. I can take delivery usually a few days after that. So my best guess is that I'll be picking up my new M about a week after it docks (around June 27th or 28th).

Being that your on the East Coast, transit time should be cut in half.

Try to enjoy the waiting game in the meantime!
Old 06-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J
Can't offer any remedy for the wait. It is painful. Regarding the information on OC, it's a little slow. The 800 number is more accurate. As far as a timeline for your new ride, here's what I'm going through...

May 9th - M3 enters production
May 18th - production complete
May 20th - on the way to port of exit
May 26th - leaves Bremerhaven on the Pacific Breeze for Port Hueneme, CA (I'm in So. CA too)
June 20th - Pacific Breeze scheduled to dock in CA

From there, I've been told by my dealer that the car will be at the VPC a few days, then transported to the dealership. I can take delivery usually a few days after that. So my best guess is that I'll be picking up my new M about a week after it docks (around June 27th or 28th).

Being that your on the East Coast, transit time should be cut in half.

Try to enjoy the waiting game in the meantime!
SWEET!! I am on the Pacific Breeze also!! I can't wait. Nice to see another fester on my boat. What part of ca?

I really want my car for the big 4th weekend!! Having a big BBQ and it would be nice having it in the driveway.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:14 PM

Mein Auto: white bus
Also on the Pacific Breeze! Can't wait!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD330ci
SWEET!! I am on the Pacific Breeze also!! I can't wait. Nice to see another fester on my boat. What part of ca?

I really want my car for the big 4th weekend!! Having a big BBQ and it would be nice having it in the driveway.
I'm in So. CA. Highland is the city. Just north of Redlands in the Inland Empire.

I would think you should definitely have your car before the 4th. Hope you do!

Was originally planning on driving it up to SF for my brothers wedding. Figured it would be a good chance to get those break-in miles on the odo. No more. Wife wants to fly so it will be crappy SWA. Big difference between M3 and SWA.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Lost

Quote:
I'm in So. CA. Highland is the city. Just north of Redlands in the Inland Empire.

I would think you should definitely have your car before the 4th. Hope you do!

Was originally planning on driving it up to SF for my brothers wedding. Figured it would be a good chance to get those break-in miles on the odo. No more. Wife wants to fly so it will be crappy SWA. Big difference between M3 and SWA.
haha

I actually have tickets to a concert in Reno on July 1st. I was hoping to do some of my break in miles and see a show at the same time.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:08 AM

How do you find out which ship your car goes on?

David
Old 06-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Praetorian

Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:

David
I remember going through the same thing when I had to wait 2 months for my 330i. Honestly, there is nothing you can do to make the time go faster. All you can do is suffer and go to bimmerfest.com.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW M3 ZCP
Soon

Quote:

David
Dave,
I waited 3 months for my '05 Titanium silver/Black ZCP, SMG, Xenons, HK. The time will go by before you know it. I live in Calif. so you will get your car sooner.
I just kept reading this forum and M3 Forum to get advise about the M3. I also downloaded and thoroughly read the owners manual.
Keep busy!
Ara
Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Yep, I am/ have done all that and the nav manual and smg manual
Old 06-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
It looks to me like you're ready for the ETK...memorize all the part numbers.
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 06-29-2005, 10:06 PM
It's not all that bad...

Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Need Navigation User Manual

Quote:
Where did you get the nav manual? I've been looking for that one online, with no luck. I can only find the M3 owner's manual, which I have read cover to cover.

Kurt
Old 06-30-2005, 08:27 AM

I got the nav manual from http://www.x5world.com/
Old 06-14-2005, 06:58 AM

Well just checked on the 1 800 number and my car was supposed to finish production today, but the status said it was on it's way to port of exit.

So what is everyones guess for me seeing the car in New York?

David
Old 06-14-2005, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Well just checked on the 1 800 number and my car was supposed to finish production today, but the status said it was on it's way to port of exit.

So what is everyones guess for me seeing the car in New York?

David

Depends a lot on how long it sits in Bremerhaven. Can be anywhere from 2-10 days. Keep checking the 800 number. It will be updated usually about 1-2 days after your boat sails. Also, check with your dealer. They seem to have more information than is available to us. They will just need a little push though. I think I read somewhere that transit time will be 12-17 days crossing the Atlantic for delivery on the East Coast.

I'm guessing that you'll see it the week of July 18th if it ships on a vessel next week. If your real lucky, it could be the week of July 11th. Let me know how close I am when you get it.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Lost

Its REALLY painful waiting for it to come across the pond.

The build to port process happens rather quickly, then it's the LOOOONG wait for it to get here. Esp to the West Coast!!!!

The Pacific Breeze with my car on it docks in LA NEXT MONDAY!!! WOHOO!!

My car will hopefully be at the dealer at the end of next week.

Pain is almost over.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:44 AM

It's set sail!

Well, my car is on the move!! It is aboard a ship called Trinidad which left Bremerhaven on 6/20 and is due to arrive in NY on 7/1 so hopefully I will see it some time the week of 7/11
Old 06-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Lost

Quote:
Well, my car is on the move!! It is aboard a ship called Trinidad which left Bremerhaven on 6/20 and is due to arrive in NY on 7/1 so hopefully I will see it some time the week of 7/11

Old 06-25-2005, 07:11 AM

Any of you guys that were on the Pacific Breeze get their cars yet? Mine arrived at the dealer Thursday morning. Was told they could have it read for a late evening pick up. Unfortunately, wouldn't be able to get out there Thursday or Friday! Even more painful knowing the car is ready, just can't get to it yet. Well that ends today (Saturday). About to head out to make the pick-up. When are you guys getting your cars?
Old 06-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Lost

Quote:
Any of you guys that were on the Pacific Breeze get their cars yet? Mine arrived at the dealer Thursday morning. Was told they could have it read for a late evening pick up. Unfortunately, wouldn't be able to get out there Thursday or Friday! Even more painful knowing the car is ready, just can't get to it yet. Well that ends today (Saturday). About to head out to make the pick-up. When are you guys getting your cars?

Hey Dave, I was on the Pacific Breeze. Mine is in transit. The dealer thinks it should be there today. I am in Nor Cal though, close to SF.

I am hoping to get a glimpse of it before I leave for the weekend. I am picking it up next Friday. I know how you feel, knowing the car is there and esp seeing it and then waiting to pick it up!!

Post pics after devilery and congrats!!! WOHOO. Pain is almost over!!
Old 06-25-2005, 11:31 AM

Mein Auto: unimobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD330ci
Hey Dave, I was on the Pacific Breeze. Mine is in transit. The dealer thinks it should be there today. I am in Nor Cal though, close to SF.

I am hoping to get a glimpse of it before I leave for the weekend. I am picking it up next Friday. I know how you feel, knowing the car is there and esp seeing it and then waiting to pick it up!!

Post pics after devilery and congrats!!! WOHOO. Pain is almost over!!

Congrats to you too TD cant wait to see the ZCP !!

My M3 is a year old and still excites to no end !!
Old 06-25-2005, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: unimobile
Quote:

David
Congrats !!

The color is exceptionally easy to maintain..After you get the car you will still have the break-in period..lol !!!

Then you can finally say it !!!..

"its off to the races" or "Gentlemen, please start your engines"