Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-2005, 03:02 PM
pipo pipo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ashley Falls, MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 179
Mein Auto: BMW X3
BMW's Choice Of Tires For The X3

I did a bit of research on the Tire Rack website to learn more about the three different OEM tires that BMW uses for the X3, and discovered some interesting info. Please keep in mind that these obsevations are limited to the specific tire models used as OEM tires, and not to the entire brand. Each of the three tires is in a different performance category, making survey comparisons difficult: the Michelin is a Grand Touring All Season Passenger Tire, the Bridgestone is a Standard Touring All Season Passenger Tire, while the Pirelli is a Highway All Season Light Truck/SUV tire.

1. The Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 is almost universally despised, scoring dead last (15 of 15 in the customer surveys) for Grand Touring All Season Tires. Major concerns included poor wet traction, hydroplaning resistance and snow traction. Slightly higher marks were scored in the other categories surveyed. Most customers said they would probably not buy this tire again. [545 surveys submitted; 11,972,501 miles reported]

Other Michelin tires in the same category ranked 7, 9, 11 and 12 of 15. The category winner was the Bridgestone Turanza LS-Z, and other Bridgestone tires ranked 3 and 5 in this category. The Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce ranked 10 of 15.

2. The Bridgestone Turanza EL-42 ranked 27 of 29 in the customer surveys for Standard Touring All Season Tires, and received even lower scores than the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4, especially in wet traction, hydroplaning resistance and snow traction. Scary. Most customers said they would definitely not buy this tire again. [386 surveys submitted; 7,716,223 miles reported]

The category winner was the Bridgestone Turanza LS-T, and another Bridgestone tire ranked 17 of 29. Pirelli tires ranked 10 and 12 of 29.

3. The Pirelli Scorpion STR ranked 13 of 62 in the customer surveys for Highway All Season Tires. It generally scored well in the surveys, receiving its lowest marks for Deep Snow Traction and Ice Traction (although these low marks are still appreciably higher than the marks received by the OEM Michelin and Bridgestone tires). Most customers said they would probably buy this tire again. [58 surveys submitted; 648,080 miles reported]

Other Pirelli tires ranked 10 and 19 of 62. The category winner was the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza, and other Bridgestone tires ranked 17, 34, 42, 52, 53, 55 and 57 of 62. Michelin tires ranked 5, 6, 24, 26 and 27 of 62.


***


The bottom line: Don't judge a tire by its brand name.

PS -- I decided to repost this as a new thread, because it was a bit off topic in its original thread.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Ishniknork's Avatar
Ishniknork Ishniknork is offline
I hate doing dishes
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,917
Mein Auto: '05 X3 3.0i
Hmmm... My '05 X3 came with Dunlop Sport SP 01's. 'Course I did get the Y-spoke wheels, 18x8" front, 18x9"rear, and the sport option. I like them very much. Probably not so great in the snow, it hardly ever snows here and it's gone in days if it does. They do seem to do well in the rain and are great on dry pavement.

Last edited by Ishniknork; 09-08-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2005, 09:03 PM
saloveku saloveku is offline
It's arrived!
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 119
Mein Auto: X3
My new X3 just came with the Pirelli's. Looks like it is the best choice for Canadian winters.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2005, 09:41 PM
SilverX3's Avatar
SilverX3 SilverX3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Australia
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,095
Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
We all get Michelin in Australia
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 PM
LAbeemer LAbeemer is offline
Registered User
Location: los angeles
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 2006 X3
Michelin ALL THE WAY

My wife drives a 2006 X3 and she has 55,000+ miles on her original Michelin - Pilot MXM4 tires. I would say that's proof in the pudding. They even still had 6/32" tread left on them (probably good for another 5-10K miles). Those tires are GREAT. However, we decided to buy 4 new tires today from Costco and went with the Michelin - Primacy MXV4. According to the salesman, these have a 60,000 mile limited warranty. Sounds good to me. IMO: The Pilots were/are amazing tires. However, for $60 less, these NEW Primacy tires will do just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:02 PM
legalfee's Avatar
legalfee legalfee is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Lexington, SC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 385
Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i 5AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAbeemer View Post
My wife drives a 2006 X3 and she has 55,000+ miles on her original Michelin - Pilot MXM4 tires. I would say that's proof in the pudding. They even still had 6/32" tread left on them (probably good for another 5-10K miles). Those tires are GREAT. However, we decided to buy 4 new tires today from Costco and went with the Michelin - Primacy MXV4. According to the salesman, these have a 60,000 mile limited warranty. Sounds good to me. IMO: The Pilots were/are amazing tires. However, for $60 less, these NEW Primacy tires will do just fine.
I'm with you. I've got almost 75K on the OEM Pilots on my 2004 and I was thinking about the Pilot AS Sport Plus but the tire guy talked me into the Primacy. That's what I'm going to get. I'm almost to the thread wear indicators.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-23-2011, 07:06 AM
rlgarry rlgarry is offline
Registered User
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Problem with Pirelli Scorpion Replacement Tires

I just replaced my tires on my 2007 X3 with the original factory tires (the ones that were on there), the Pirelli Scorpion STR and the new tires are a complete nightmare! They are incredibly bouncy and they thrash you all over the place even on the smallest bump (feels like you are riding on a school bus). I had them rebalanced and still the same. I don't understand how this could be when I just had the same exact tires on there with no problems in the bouncing category. I have had two other people drive in it and they both said that it is very bad and uncomfortable. My old Pirelli's still had plenty of tread left but they had hairline cracks due to dry rot so I had to replace them. I wish I could have those put back on at this point.

The tire place has a good warranty and wants me to try a Toyo Versado LX II and says they are a better tire than the MIchelin and Pirelli. I was going to try the Michelin Pilot but it got horrible reviews. I am really not sure what to do at this point. Do I have them order another set of the Pirelli's? Could it have just been a defect in the one set? Are there other suspension/strut issues going on simultaneously? Seems rather odd though that it would just start as the tires got replaced. Anyone had this problem with the Pirelli's or have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-23-2011, 10:06 AM
al_macaroni al_macaroni is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DE
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 319
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlgarry View Post
I just replaced my tires on my 2007 X3 with the original factory tires (the ones that were on there), the Pirelli Scorpion STR and the new tires are a complete nightmare! They are incredibly bouncy and they thrash you all over the place even on the smallest bump (feels like you are riding on a school bus). I had them rebalanced and still the same. I don't understand how this could be when I just had the same exact tires on there with no problems in the bouncing category. I have had two other people drive in it and they both said that it is very bad and uncomfortable. My old Pirelli's still had plenty of tread left but they had hairline cracks due to dry rot so I had to replace them. I wish I could have those put back on at this point.

The tire place has a good warranty and wants me to try a Toyo Versado LX II and says they are a better tire than the MIchelin and Pirelli. I was going to try the Michelin Pilot but it got horrible reviews. I am really not sure what to do at this point. Do I have them order another set of the Pirelli's? Could it have just been a defect in the one set? Are there other suspension/strut issues going on simultaneously? Seems rather odd though that it would just start as the tires got replaced. Anyone had this problem with the Pirelli's or have any suggestions?
First thing, does the tire pressure in each tire match the vaues printed on the sticker in the driver's door jamb? Over or under inflation may be causing an issue.

I have had similar experiences when putting new tires on other cars. Your new tires will definitely feel different than your old tires. The rubber compound of your old tires has aged and is not as pliable as new rubber. Also, the old tires have less tread which make the tire less pliable. The old tires are going to give you more road feel in corners and over bumps.

Your new tires have more tread and softer rubber which results in a feel of looseness when cornering. That new, deep tread is flexing in the corner. Also, the new rubber is going to feel softer when going over bumps. The old tire is going to provide more road feel than the new.

Some tires also have a break-in period. You may need to drive a few hundred miles before they are fully broken in.
__________________
2013 535i - ED, Oct 2012 | Cashmere Silver | Oyster/Black Nappa Anthracite | ZCW | Sirius | Air Blue 80
2008 X3 | Monaco | Sand/Black Light Poplar | ZAP | ZPP | ZCW | Xenon | Rear Fog
1988 Grand Wagoneer | Burgundy | Ghost Flames | 360 ci | Holley carb

BMW CCA #422951

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 PM
rlgarry rlgarry is offline
Registered User
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_macaroni View Post
First thing, does the tire pressure in each tire match the vaues printed on the sticker in the driver's door jamb? Over or under inflation may be causing an issue.

I have had similar experiences when putting new tires on other cars. Your new tires will definitely feel different than your old tires. The rubber compound of your old tires has aged and is not as pliable as new rubber. Also, the old tires have less tread which make the tire less pliable. The old tires are going to give you more road feel in corners and over bumps.

Your new tires have more tread and softer rubber which results in a feel of looseness when cornering. That new, deep tread is flexing in the corner. Also, the new rubber is going to feel softer when going over bumps. The old tire is going to provide more road feel than the new.

Some tires also have a break-in period. You may need to drive a few hundred miles before they are fully broken in.
Thank you for the response! Yes, they are inflated properly but I will make sure again tomorrow. I have already driven over 500 miles on them so they should be broken in a little right? They are not even just a little bouncy, they are unbearable bouncy on even the slightest bump. So much so that I am angry every time I drive my car now. Shouldn't the new tires be a better ride than the older ones? The tire place is going to replace them with the Toyo tires tomorrow and see how they work. If not, I might try the Michelin Pilot or the Michelin Primacy. I really loved my old Pirelli Scorpions so that is why I am so upset. They also seem to get the best reviews for the X3. Do you think I got a bad set of tires? Or is there a way to know if I got the right ones? I could have them order another set of the Pirelli's as well to see if there is a difference. I read something about the ones made for BMW say "made in germany" on the side. I read mine today and they look to be made in Australia but I can't be certain.

I am about to lose my mind over these tires. I was so excited to have a new set of tires and have a great ride in my X3 and like everything else with this car, it is now a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Ishniknork's Avatar
Ishniknork Ishniknork is offline
I hate doing dishes
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,917
Mein Auto: '05 X3 3.0i
rlgarry-

Exactly what pressure did you put in the tires? If you filled them to Max. Pressure you are certainly going to get a harsh ride. The X3 manual has a chart with recommended pressures, front and back, that the tires should be inflated to according to how the vehicle is loaded. Maximum pressure on my Dunlops is 41 lbs. but that is WAY too much for an unladen condition. The manual says 32 front and 35 rear for my staggered/sport tire configuration with 1-2 people on board. I run all of them at 32 psi. and it helps out a lot with the ride and tire wear is very even.
__________________
'05 X3 3.0i Alpine White/Gray Leather/Alum. Trim
Sport/Steptronic/Servotronic/Panoramic
Premium Sound/Staggered Style 114 18"ers

Last edited by Ishniknork; 02-23-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
darbyogill darbyogill is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East LA
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 193
Mein Auto: '92 Saturn SL2
Of all of the things that go into car maker choosing a tire, liability is pretty close to the top of the list. After the Ford/Firestone debacle, OEMs are loathe to work with any but the biggest of the big boys. Add in the fact that BMW works with tire manufactures to make sure tires and suspension work together, and that means you won't see Hankooks or Nittos on your BMW anytime soon. Your safety is really their top concern, and in this case it has nothing to do with absolute grip or break away charateristics.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
rlgarry rlgarry is offline
Registered User
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork View Post
rlgarry-

Exactly what pressure did you put in the tires? If you filled them to Max. Pressure you are certainly going to get a harsh ride. The X3 manual has a chart with recommended pressures, front and back, that the tires should be inflated to according to how the vehicle is loaded. Maximum pressure on my Dunlops is 41 lbs. but that is WAY too much for an unladen condition. The manual says 32 front and 35 rear for my staggered/sport tire configuration with 1-2 people on board. I run all of them at 32 psi. and it helps out a lot with the ride and tire wear is very even.
That's a very good point. I know that when I brought the car into BMW they checked the tires and said they were overinflated and lowered them. Then I had it rebalanced at the tire place hoping that was the problem so maybe they did reinflate them again not knowing they had been lowered. Most of the time it is just me in the car and maybe some cargo. I will double check the manual and have them adjusted accordingly and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Ishniknork's Avatar
Ishniknork Ishniknork is offline
I hate doing dishes
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,917
Mein Auto: '05 X3 3.0i
Here's another tip for you: Invest in a Tire Pressure Gauge. I never trust dealers or tire stores to inflate to the correct pressures and as a rule you should check your pressure at least every couple of months. Always check them when the tires are cold.

Good luck, I hope you get this figured out...
__________________
'05 X3 3.0i Alpine White/Gray Leather/Alum. Trim
Sport/Steptronic/Servotronic/Panoramic
Premium Sound/Staggered Style 114 18"ers

Last edited by Ishniknork; 02-23-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-26-2011, 11:24 AM
S93D S93D is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North America
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 711
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork View Post
Here's another tip for you: Invest in a Tire Pressure Gauge. I never trust dealers or tire stores to inflate to the correct pressures and as a rule you should check your pressure at least every couple of months. Always check them when the tires are cold.

Good luck, I hope you get this figured out...
+1

I watched a reputable tire shop check the tires. The man said he puts 35 psi in them. That's a good figure for most cars but rarely the exact figure recommended (could be 32, 36, etc. depending on the car).

Ever since my usual gas stations stopped having free air, I bought my own compressor for something like $45. Now my pressure is always right. I can check the tires when they are cold, unlike before when some short distance driving was done. Even a bean counter would agree that the compressor will pay for itself in possibly 6-7 years. If you have a 3 car family, it will pay for itself sooner.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 AM
AWBMWM3 AWBMWM3 is offline
Registered User
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: 2004 BMW M3
I know the original post is from years ago, but I noticed something interesting when researching tires on tirerack. The pilot MXM4 that many X3's come with don't rate very highly as a total roll up. However, if you drill down my car manufacturer to BMW, most of the reviews are in the 8-9 range.

I was planning on switching tires when mine wore out, but I just recently had 2 punctures and since I have the tire coverage from the dealer, I got 2 brand new MXM4's as replacements at no cost. Guess there goes a new tire model for me.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Ishniknork's Avatar
Ishniknork Ishniknork is offline
I hate doing dishes
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,917
Mein Auto: '05 X3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBMWM3 View Post
I was planning on switching tires when mine wore out, but I just recently had 2 punctures and since I have the tire coverage from the dealer, I got 2 brand new MXM4's as replacements at no cost. Guess there goes a new tire model for me.
I hope you went ahead and replaced all four at the same time. New tires mixed with very worn tires on an X3 can cause problems with the XDrive due to the difference in circumference.
__________________
'05 X3 3.0i Alpine White/Gray Leather/Alum. Trim
Sport/Steptronic/Servotronic/Panoramic
Premium Sound/Staggered Style 114 18"ers

Last edited by Ishniknork; 07-11-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 PM
AWBMWM3 AWBMWM3 is offline
Registered User
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: 2004 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork View Post
I hope you went ahead and replaced all four at the same time. New tires mixed with very worn tires on an X3 can cause problems with the XDrive due to the difference in circumference.
Isn't that only the case if both fronts or both rears don't match each other? Even the optional staggered 19" option from BMW has different diameters between the front and rear.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Evlengr's Avatar
Evlengr Evlengr is offline
Ukemi - that's how I roll
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,252
Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Just another credit to the Michelin A/S. Today the east coast is obviously being hammered by Hurrican Irene.

As an engineer for Sirius/XM I am considered "Essential Personnel" and must be at work under any conditions.

While driving down 95 this evening under pouring rain I didn't lose traction once. Hit lots of deep trenches of rain and had to avoid a couple of dopy drivers doing 40 in the passing lane.

The tires were checked to 34 PSI all around the day before today.

Nice testament to both the tires and the vehicle. Under both heavy snow (3 feet in two days) and heavy rain (6-9 inches) the Michelin A/S performed very well. At no time did I feel the vehicle was out of control due to weather.

just a thought.
__________________
2013 S4 Loaded (and NO RFT's) Awesome is an understatement
2008 MT X3 RIP you were a faithful sidekick and will be missed.
2007 AT X3 RIPOS
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-09-2011, 06:25 PM
CatManDave CatManDave is offline
Registered User
Location: Cape Cod
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by S93D View Post
+1

I watched a reputable tire shop check the tires. The man said he puts 35 psi in them. That's a good figure for most cars but rarely the exact figure recommended (could be 32, 36, etc. depending on the car).

Ever since my usual gas stations stopped having free air, I bought my own compressor for something like $45. Now my pressure is always right. I can check the tires when they are cold, unlike before when some short distance driving was done. Even a bean counter would agree that the compressor will pay for itself in possibly 6-7 years. If you have a 3 car family, it will pay for itself sooner.
I did the same thing. Even if it would not pay for itself, I would still do it. So good to check when they are actually COLD!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 AM
bjc23 bjc23 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hoboken, NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2006 X3
Hi Everyone, so from looking at the Consumer Reports reviews on tires, I'm leaning to getting the Primacy also. Except I noticed everytime I go on to tirerack or costco, it doesn't list that tire as an option. Then on Amazon.com it showed that it is an option but as an "up-step". I googled to get an understanding of "up-step" but wanted to make sure that I don't have to buy anything since the tire falls within the range of what I can put on my 2006 X3. 245/45R18
Hopefully these Michelin tires won't be as bumpy and loud as the OEM Pirelli Scorpion tires. Anyone else have any other tires they recommend?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-14-2011, 08:08 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,551
Mein Auto: '06 X3
My '06 non sport came with the factory 18" option which I didn't really want but the rest of the car was perfect. The OEM tires were the Scorpions and performed very well although were horrible riding over rough roads. At 48K miles I replaced them with the Michelin Pilot Sport Plus tires (top rated at the time from 'rack) and was very pleased. They performed as well or better than the Scorpions and were much better riding over the nasty bits. Would get them again if I needed tires.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 AM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,777
Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc23 View Post
Hi Everyone, so from looking at the Consumer Reports reviews on tires, I'm leaning to getting the Primacy also. Except I noticed everytime I go on to tirerack or costco, it doesn't list that tire as an option. Then on Amazon.com it showed that it is an option but as an "up-step". I googled to get an understanding of "up-step" but wanted to make sure that I don't have to buy anything since the tire falls within the range of what I can put on my 2006 X3. 245/45R18
Hopefully these Michelin tires won't be as bumpy and loud as the OEM Pirelli Scorpion tires. Anyone else have any other tires they recommend?
Hmmm -- the original equipment 18-inch size for E83 X3s is 235/50R-18. If wider rears are fitted, as on some X3s with sport package, the rears are 255/45R-18.

Your 245/45R-18 is one size smaller than OE. No big deal, but if your priorities include ride comfort, I would recommend staying with the higher profile 235/50. As far as not listing the Primacy as an X3 option, could that be due to lower load rating? You would also want a tire with a load rating equal to or greater than the OE tires.
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-25-2011, 07:13 AM
bjc23 bjc23 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hoboken, NJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2006 X3
If you're not willing to give the Toyos a go, I'd say go with the Primacy. Better ratings overall than the Pilot. I've never had the Pilots, but I've had the Primacy and they were pretty good on my Toyota.

Just curious, but is there a story behind the loyalty to Michelin?

Last edited by bjc23; 05-25-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-26-2011, 05:52 AM
legalfee's Avatar
legalfee legalfee is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Lexington, SC
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 385
Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i 5AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc23 View Post
If you're not willing to give the Toyos a go, I'd say go with the Primacy. Better ratings overall than the Pilot. I've never had the Pilots, but I've had the Primacy and they were pretty good on my Toyota.

Just curious, but is there a story behind the loyalty to Michelin?
It's just I've used Michelins for over 30 years on all my cars and they've performed great and had great wear. If it ain't broke...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-28-2011, 07:39 AM
fivepointnine fivepointnine is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Olympia, Wa
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 345
Mein Auto: BMW X3, Mercedes CLK500
I REALLY like the Pirellis but cant bring myself to spend that much on them, I have to replace my tires probably in the next 10k miles, but will probably be going with Falken Ziex-912 or Dunlop SP sport 9000 or maybe even ExtremeContact DWS all those tires are about 70-90 cheaper per tire than the STR's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What brand of tires did your X3 come with? jk330i X3 E83 (2004 - 2010) 25 03-05-2007 07:12 PM
When is a BMW not a BMW (X3) beware_phog X5 E53 (1999 - 2006) 5 10-09-2003 10:21 AM
um..2+2 X3?? a convertible X3??? Teej General BMW 0 07-12-2002 05:23 PM
Producing BMWs at Dingolfing (Article from SAE) Mr Paddle.Shift General BMW 2 02-14-2002 01:22 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms