Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 09-25-2005, 04:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 Honda Prelude
Question Comp package steering wheel +

Hello all, I知 ordering a 2006 thru BMW military sales (To answer all question sabout teh pricing the base is 42,800 instead of 48,900, All options are retail price) Anyway, I have no dealership to actually see an M3 with the ZCP. The wheel however looks like suede in the brochure. Is the wheel a different type of leather? Also, I知 not going to ask you if the Comp package is worth the money because I have made up my mind. My question is (if anyone can answer) Why when you get the comp package along with the PP you HAVE to get the Navigational system? Thanks for any input.
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2005, 05:08 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
The steering wheel is Alcantara, which is a suede like material. Feels great when new, but may show wear over time.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 09-25-2005, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: M3s
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephentross
Hello all, I知 ordering a 2006 thru BMW military sales (To answer all question sabout teh pricing the base is 42,800 instead of 48,900, All options are retail price) Anyway, I have no dealership to actually see an M3 with the ZCP. The wheel however looks like suede in the brochure. Is the wheel a different type of leather? Also, I知 not going to ask you if the Comp package is worth the money because I have made up my mind. My question is (if anyone can answer) Why when you get the comp package along with the PP you HAVE to get the Navigational system? Thanks for any input.
Nav is part of the PP. If you don't want Nav order ala carte.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy

Mein Auto: 2003 Audi A4 3.0
The steering wheel in my opinion, is something that will track a *lot* of dirt.

If your mind is made up, may I suggest you buy some driving gloves to go with your purchase?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules
The steering wheel in my opinion, is something that will track a *lot* of dirt.

If your mind is made up, may I suggest you buy some driving gloves to go with your purchase?
That was a pretty good guess on your part, as someone that appearantly doesn't own one. But as someone that actually has one, and though I keep my hands relatively clean, there's no problem with that at all. And it cleans up, just like leather with a damp cloth... no issues... and I don't remember the CSL guys complaining about it either.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: '01 M3 Coupe; '06 ML350
ZCP steering wheel

Quote:
Alcantara is great on seats, but as others have said, it will probably not wear well on the wheel. You also lose the radio and telephone buttons as part of the deal. That is not tha main feature of the package, however.

IMO the ZCP is not a good value, but it doesn't suck, either.

2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 M-B ML350 - Arctic/Black/Satin Ash
Old 09-30-2005, 07:38 PM

Mein Auto: '97 328iS
Quote:
I am actually thinking of doing the exact same thing. Pentagon Car Sales right? After all the numbers were put together, and the cost of shipping it to a Dealer in the U.S. ,(I am only going TDY so don't get the entitlement to have it shipped back by the military), I am only saving about $3500.00 total. I was definitely disappointed to find out that is all I would be saving. I will probably still buy, it is my dream car, but sure would like to save a little more.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 Honda Prelude
Yes I am using Pentagon car sales as well. Its not a bad deal at all consideing you get 1st priority when they start building your car. I ended up with the Interlagos Blue and every available option and package. ( Except cruise control of course. Dont understand that one) The car ended coming to 56,200. Then the 2150 for shipping. which includes all the duty taxes and etc...Thats it! Not a bad deal at all. Im a little nervous about the SMG but Im sure I will get used to it. You have until the VIN number is generated to make any changes. We will see, I may end up with a 6 speed and 2400 dollars in my wallet.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:09 AM

Mein Auto: '97 328iS
Quote:
Yes I am using Pentagon car sales as well. Its not a bad deal at all consideing you get 1st priority when they start building your car. I ended up with the Interlagos Blue and every available option and package. ( Except cruise control of course. Dont understand that one) The car ended coming to 56,200. Then the 2150 for shipping. which includes all the duty taxes and etc...Thats it! Not a bad deal at all. Im a little nervous about the SMG but Im sure I will get used to it. You have until the VIN number is generated to make any changes. We will see, I may end up with a 6 speed and 2400 dollars in my wallet.
Oh man, I would really suggest going with the six speed manual, esp. with the ZCP. I really think you have more ability to manupulate the car to do what you want with a manual. I drove my uncles 03 with a six speed and it is just so much fun, if you are like myself, you will be better of with the siz speed, esp. on the track. That is just my opinion though.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:13 PM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
How can you manipulate the car more with a manual?

Other than you can either screw up a downshift and spin, or screw up a downshift and blow up your engine (money shift).

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 10-09-2005, 01:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Manual if you have the choice