Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650i convertible
On the way!

On board the Freedom- due to dock in Charleston on 12/14. Wonder if it can get to Houston by Christmas!?!?

Have decided to go with the Motorola V557 since BMW has a cradle for it that works with the 650 (the 557 replaces the 551). Also thinking about putting in the mirror compass even though it's got nav- I've enjoyed the one in my X.

IFly- I was in Nantucket for a week for Thanksgiving, but don't remember seeing you post for a while- did yours come in yet?

Ads by Google
Old 11-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Anything is possible!

Mein Auto: 07 550i, 08 M5
Yours and mine are on two different boats! Mine is due to dock at Charleston tomorrow 12/1. According to the ship schedules, it's still running on time. That means I'll get my hand on it sometime early next week

The standard mirror has the built-in Homelink buttons. I don't know if the compass mirror has those buttons as well. If it does, that's an easy mod (and looks good too).
Old 11-30-2005, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 650i. 535xi
I believe you can get the mirror with compass and homelink buttons. It just costs more. Somewhere around $600. Just too expensive for a compass upgrade, IMO.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i

I'd be willing to bet you get it in time... You're gonna love it!
Old 11-30-2005, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Smith
On board the Freedom- due to dock in Charleston on 12/14. Wonder if it can get to Houston by Christmas!?!?

Have decided to go with the Motorola V557 since BMW has a cradle for it that works with the 650 (the 557 replaces the 551). Also thinking about putting in the mirror compass even though it's got nav- I've enjoyed the one in my X.

IFly- I was in Nantucket for a week for Thanksgiving, but don't remember seeing you post for a while- did yours come in yet?

Compass thingy is cool, but how many compasses do you want in your car? You know, your nav is a much better 'compass', plus your nav has a compass screen if you really need it.

If there was an option out there, I'd spend the money on something to correct for the giant blind spots that 6er seems to have.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 AM

No blind spot with top down.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Smith
No blind spot with top down.

I have a convertible, and there's plenty of reasons to drive with the top up, even in good weather. The convertible has a much bigger blindspot than the coupe, just to warn you.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 AM

I've test driven it several times and you are right about the blind spot with the top up. On the other hand, I really like the lines with the top up- they did a very nice job with the flying "buttresses."

I live in Houston and had an M Roadster for about 3 years, always had the top down unless it was wet out- didn't make any difference to me if it was hot or cold out- if it was dry, the top was down. Will most likely treat the 6 the same way.