Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 05-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 DINAN 540 M-sport
SF Bay area dealer recommendation

I need to get my car in before the end of the month (cpo ends) and figure I'd have a dealership do an oil change and inspection.

Any dealer contacts/recommendations?

Thanks

03 DINAN 540i M-Sport
07 SANGER V215
Ads by Google
Old 05-15-2007, 07:29 PM
2003 540i - M Sport

Send a message via AIM to xxpanipuri Send a message via Yahoo to xxpanipuri
Mein Auto: 2003 540i M-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian530i View Post
I need to get my car in before the end of the month (cpo ends) and figure I'd have a dealership do an oil change and inspection.

Any dealer contacts/recommendations?

Thanks
eric diamond at stevens creek in san jose. good guy..knows his **** and will take care of you

no issues on my end...other than the dent they put in my car last time it was there

BUT they took care of it without any drama .... apart from that i'd still go back...
GPS | PP | Rear Shades | PhatNoise DMS | Valentine 1 | 35w ProLumen HID Fog Lights w/3000k bulbs | 35% Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint | Eisenmann Race Exhaust 2 x 83mm | Eibach Rear Sway Bar | Weichers Front Strut Tower Brace | Racing Dynamics CAI | Stealthone | Sound by Focal/JL Audio/Arc Audio

DPE Wheels For Sale
Old 05-16-2007, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 540
I have had my car serviced at Steven's Creek BMW as well. My advisor is Angie. She has really been a big help getting things done under warranty.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 325i 5-speed
Stevens Creek BMW is my regular go-to dealer for over 3 years with 2 different cars. The service has been fairly good, especially for cars still under warranty. I won't say they are alwasys the best, but at least with reasonable effort for good customer service. Since I don't have too high expectation after reading all bad stories about BMW dealers' service, they have been my choice so far. Work quality is fairly high.

The only two issues are:
1. It's hard to get hold of any service advisors on the phone. If you leave a voicemail, usually get a call back on the same day.
2. Their price is on the high side comparing to other dealers. So if you have to pay out of your own pocket, call around first.

I would recommend them.
2001 330iA, Titanium Silver/Grey - sold
Old 05-16-2007, 07:10 PM

Mein Auto: 98 BMW 540i-6speed
Eric Diamond at Stevens Creek is really good.

That other gal Angie also seems nice. One day Eric was out on vacation and I had to work with Angie. She seems very pleasant.

It so happened on the day I was bringing my car for the Dinan suspension, Eric was terribly sick with the flu. But he came in just to make sure I was sorted out with the suspension, my requested alignment settings, etc... he came in just for me and then went back home.
Dinan Stage-1 software, Dinan clutch, Dinan short throw shifter, CDV delete, Bosch Design III injectors,
Dice I-pod kit,
Hawk ceramic brake pads....

2001 BMW M5
Silverstone on Caramel
All stock.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:36 PM

thanks, I left a message for Eric

earlier today on my way home from work,
I called Peter Pan and I just asked for just an oil change and inspection per the CPO, I would pay for the labor time per overall inspection- im sure they have this set up in their used car dept for traded cars so why can't I do the same thing?? anyway,
The advisor (dont recall his name.. was spanish) said he had no such service available. They only offer the inspection 1 or 2... I got tired of the.. game and said good bye.

03 DINAN 540i M-Sport
07 SANGER V215
Old 05-16-2007, 09:56 PM
2003 540i - M Sport

Quote:
thanks, I left a message for Eric

earlier today on my way home from work,
I called Peter Pan and I just asked for just an oil change and inspection per the CPO, I would pay for the labor time per overall inspection- im sure they have this set up in their used car dept for traded cars so why can't I do the same thing?? anyway,
The advisor (dont recall his name.. was spanish) said he had no such service available. They only offer the inspection 1 or 2... I got tired of the.. game and said good bye.
MAKE SURE to always do a walk around with your service advisor when dropping the car off for service...

i learned this the hard way...
GPS | PP | Rear Shades | PhatNoise DMS | Valentine 1 | 35w ProLumen HID Fog Lights w/3000k bulbs | 35% Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint | Eisenmann Race Exhaust 2 x 83mm | Eibach Rear Sway Bar | Weichers Front Strut Tower Brace | Racing Dynamics CAI | Stealthone | Sound by Focal/JL Audio/Arc Audio

DPE Wheels For Sale
Old 05-17-2007, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
MAKE SURE to always do a walk around with your service advisor when dropping the car off for service...

i learned this the hard way...

after leaving Stevens Creek ?

03 DINAN 540i M-Sport
07 SANGER V215
Old 05-17-2007, 12:32 PM
2003 540i - M Sport

Quote:
after leaving Stevens Creek ?
yea

last time i dropped my car...off...for service...i picked it up with a big dent on the back door....

they stepped up to thep late and took care of it so now i'm going to make sure i do a walk around with the SA

and this could have happened at my indy shop as well...it was an accident...i was pissed...BUT eric diamond who had come in that day on his day off stayed until i was able to get out there...and told me don't worry we'll make it right....

DPE Wheels For Sale
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 PM

Thanks for the recommendation and I now highly recommend Eric

got me in/out quickly and no bs

03 DINAN 540i M-Sport
07 SANGER V215