Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 750i
Nav display out

2002 745i. I lost Nav. display. No radio , navigation or I drive. Big fat BMW letters stays on all the time. I've tried to shut and restart without any success.
Anyone experienced similar problem? Any solution before driving to the dealer?
Thanks for any info.
Ads by Google
Old 06-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Hot for Teacher...

Mein Auto: E46, E65
Have you attempted dis-and reconnecting the negative battery cable for about 30 seconds? This is like a hard reboot for the car versus a soft shutdown (turning the car off).
Old 01-19-2013, 01:29 PM

Mein Auto: 740
No NAV, just shows BMW on display

has anyone got a clue? I did bypass all the 'MOST' modules with the fiber jumper, but when i do that i get my display back but no NAV or radio, chime, ect.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
I would try the hard reset first, then I would start pulling codes..
Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 PM

Got a similar problem trying to diagnose MOST bus.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=671068

Here's my problem:

"BMW" is only displayed (PIC#1)on the navigation screen (unless I break the MOST fiber loop-more info later). Wont do anything! No radio, chime, voice control, ect.

I tried that trick to bypass modules (ASK CD player, Voice Controller, CD changer, L7 Amp, Tuner) to exclude them from the MOST bus but not seem to be gaining any ground. I took that factory fiber loop from the glove box to bypass these modules.....

FYI: I did not have to purchase a spare, I just took the loop connector apart and connected the two end together (the fiber ends in the glove PIC #3)-this seemed to do the trick. It seems if ring bus is broke the red LED does flash, when connected red LED stays light. I took the actual fiber optic line out of the connector housing and used it for bypassing.

......1) when I used the 'fiber loop' to bypass any the modules in the trunk and including the ASK or CD changer in the dash (PIC #5), nothing happens. 'BMW' logo will still be displayed on the screen.
2) when i take any of the modules out of the network ring (unplugging ANY of the modules-not 'bypassing' anything) I DO GET the 'accept' prompt on the nav display (PIC#7) and can navigate through some functions but can operate only the climate functions. No Nav(PIC#8) or radio (PIC#9), chime, ect. I can only scroll through.
3) I also tried that trick to go into the MOST diagnostic screen (PIC#10), but nothing comes up under the 'MOST' menu. Again, the only way can control anything on the Nav display is when the MOST fiber ring is broke. If I try to connect the fiber ring back together at that point, it will just freeze on whatever is display I have up.
4) Nav disk DVD does seem to spin and eject fine. Although I have noticed it will still spin when the ignition is off.
5) Dash CD player seems to a spin the CD, but no sound of course.
6) CD changer tries to eject a the cartridge. But it never worked anyway.
7) All the modules seem to be transmitting light via the fiber.

Basically, the 'BMW' logo stays on when everything is connected and I cant do anything.

I got my whole car torn apart and need some advise on what to do next?
Do I need some software to reset the ghost errors after bypassing each module?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:20 PM

This is how I fixed it...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...t=#post7351553