Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:16 AM

Mein Auto: 530i
bluetooth pin location 2006 750li

I purchased a used 2006 750LI last night as my 2007 530i is about to go off lease. I've researched the location for the missing bluetooth pin and found most people say it is on the "two VHS tapes at 45 degrees next to the eject button on the NAV". It feels like I'm on a hunt in a Dan Brown novel.

As you can see from the photo it is not where I think people are saying it should be. What am I missing? I really would like to avoid going to the dealership as we are not seeing eye-to-eye on the cost to turn in the lease.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	206539  
Ads by Google
Old 10-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750Li
I'm wondering same - it may be on that silver box mounted on the angle your trying to show in your photo. My guess you'd have to take off the side panel to access it or use a dental mirror to look at the sides you can't see - the lable with the PK code may be there. Some state that on the newer 7's 2006+ the lable isn't there and you have to go to the stealer - some will charge as much as $120 to hook up with the BMW interface to get such. I've read others with 2006's were able to find the code on a lable on the control unit - they usually describe the unit as the one your showing. If you have the time I'd look on all sides of at that silver box (hopefully that's the correct module).

Sorry I was not much help but I'm interested in finding the answer myself
Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
no sticker

so I broke down and took it to the dealer. I watched him use a mirror and take the side off the trunk. No sticker. He hooked it up to the computer and got the PIN number. He didn't charge, so I tipped.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750Li|Acura Tl TYPE S
What is that silver box under the dvd rom? My car doesnt have that.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Tirona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmztl View Post
Thats the amp. U should have it. Theres a sticker on the amp that has the pin number of the bluetooth.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:49 AM
the cleanest1

Mein Auto: E66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmztl View Post
Thats the logic seven amp. Some cars dont have logic seven so you could have just the standard one which is like 3 times smaller.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750Li|Acura Tl TYPE S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boing745 View Post
Thats the logic seven amp. Some cars dont have logic seven so you could have just the standard one which is like 3 times smaller.
Car does have logic 7 :S
Old 10-31-2009, 10:00 PM

Mein Auto: 740i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studham View Post
I purchased a used 2006 750LI last night as my 2007 530i is about to go off lease. I've researched the location for the missing bluetooth pin and found most people say it is on the "two VHS tapes at 45 degrees next to the eject button on the NAV". It feels like I'm on a hunt in a Dan Brown novel.

As you can see from the photo it is not where I think people are saying it should be. What am I missing? I really would like to avoid going to the dealership as we are not seeing eye-to-eye on the cost to turn in the lease.
You are on the right track. Continue to pull that siding out and there is another box there and it will say p/k ****. Trust me, I was in your same position 3 months ago and the dealer wanted $50.00 to hook it up to the computer....he said that was the only way. When I told him I found it myself in the trunk, he didn't even sound surprised.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:18 PM

Mine was on card with the owners manual...

2006 750Li|Sterling Grey
Old 11-01-2009, 08:29 AM
R.E.44

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i/2007 750i
when i bought my 7 they never gave me the code. so i went back and they said it would cost money to hook it up and find out what the code was. I argued that i just bought the car from them and this is information they should have supplied me with. they ended up just opening the trunk and somewhere by the cd changers was the 4 number pin to which they made a card for me with the numbers on just incase i need it for future reference for free.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to lendog15
Mein Auto: 2007 750Li
The PK number is a little further down in the drivers side rear corner panel. You do have to rake the panel off as it's almost impossible to find it with a mirror unless you know exactly where it is. It will always start with PK though. I wrote it on the inside of my owners manual when I found it. When I called the local BMW dealership, they said it was nothing that they would help me with for any price. I didn't buy the vehicle from them, it's not under warranty so they treat me like a red headed stepchild when I do go there to see my friends who are all mechanics and tech guys there.

Just a side note: This site seems to take all the fear out of owning such an expensive, elaborate and VERY enjoyable car. It also puts a lot of the fun back into it as well... I sometimes convince myself that I own a car that is a little over the top but then again, I work hard, I enjoy some of the finer things in life and driving this just happens to be one of those finer things I look forward too. Nuff said.

I took a photo of the tag that is behind the drivers side trunk panel. It has a lot of other info on it as well as that PK number for the bluetooth. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bluetooth Num.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	206821  

Last edited by lendog15; 11-02-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Mispellings because I used my iphone. I have fat fingers...lol.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog15 View Post
The PK number is a little further down in the drivers side rear corner panel. You do have to rake the panel off as it's almost impossible to find it with a mirror unless you know exactly where it is. It will always start with PK though. I wrote it on the inside of my owners manual when I found it. When I called the local BMW dealership, they said it was nothing that they would help me with for any price. I didn't buy the vehicle from them, it's not under warranty so they treat me like a red headed stepchild when I do go there to see my friends who are all mechanics and tech guys there.

Just a side note: This site seems to take all the fear out of owning such an expensive, elaborate and VERY enjoyable car. It also puts a lot of the fun back into it as well... I sometimes convince myself that I own a car that is a little over the top but then again, I work hard, I enjoy some of the finer things in life and driving this just happens to be one of those finer things I look forward too. Nuff said.

I took a photo of the tag that is behind the drivers side trunk panel. It has a lot of other info on it as well as that PK number for the bluetooth. Good luck.
Don't want to jack this thread, but "they said it was nothing that they would help me with for any price" is the usual response I get from my local dealer everytime I go there with an issue. Maybe I'm just not dressed up enough in a suit and tie for the dealer visit... Even ordering "cheap" parts like BMW coolant, etc. I usually send my wife there because they'll give her 20% off while by myself they usually want me to pay full at which point I leave and order online elsewhere...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Mein Auto: 06 BMW 750LI
does anyone know how to install a aftermarket sub and amp? ive got a 06 750li with logic 7
Old 11-04-2009, 11:17 PM

Mein Auto: '06 750i
pull back the trunk lining on the drivers side and waaaaaay deep inside there are a bunch of numbers listed on the metal. its the last 4 digits i believe. good luck
Old 11-05-2009, 09:49 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Yeah... I could never find it as well. Fortunately my Service Adviser hooked a bruh up!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 MBZ CLK500
I was not given with the PIN from the previous owner.
How difficult is it to remove the trunk lining to find this code? DIY'able?
My dealer said they would charge $34 for this job...

Thanks.
BMGG
Old 11-10-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGG View Post
I was not given with the PIN from the previous owner.
How difficult is it to remove the trunk lining to find this code? DIY'able?
My dealer said they would charge $34 for this job...

Thanks.
BMGG

FOUND MY PK CODE TODAY

I don't know, it is not that hard to remove the side panel if you are some bit mechanically inclined. I found my PK # today by removing such. The module with the sticker with the PK # is actually up high very near the black pop spread pin you see holding the top of the side panel on. This is why I couldn't see mine - up too high and I was looking deeper into the trunk. The photo a few posts above shows the module but I couldn't place the location until I pulled off the side trim panel - now that I've seen it myself I can say that the picture above makes more sense - directly above the module (in the photo) is the lower section of the rear parcel shelf - so the module with the PK code is mounted as high as it can be on the side panel before it hits the parcel shelf. It is not very far in but rather above the logic 7 amp...

Removing the side panel requires removing the two Phillips screws holding the cargo net loop to the floor of the trunk...there is a little plastic trim piece that covers the Phillips that needed to be popped off to access the two screws. All the other fasteners are spread pin fasteners....black looking things that are holding the panel on. The center of these pulls upwards and then the fastener has no pressure spreading it apart to hold it in. You need a thin blade or Y-finger trim tool to go under the black plastic heads and pry them up...they come out easily after they are pried up. I removed a couple of the same fasteners on the rear trunk plastic trim to allow more room to manipulate the side panel outwards toward the center of the trunk. I made sure to lift the lower edge where 3 or so of the pins were to allow it to come out of the plastic lower trunk trim that sort of has a pressure grip on it. I grabbed the rear most upper part of the side trim where the little slots are in it to get some more pull power on it. it started to move and then I worked it in different areas until it moved out enough - don't take it off...no need - to read the PK code on the sticker. I actually removed one of the stickers as there were 2 identical side by side to put in my owners manual. Then reassemble reverse of the removal.

Hope this helps - I think $34 is cheap but was free for just a little time. If I was not mechanically inclined I'd happily pay this. My stealer was going to charge me $130 tomorrow - I canceled that appointment - Thank you very much

Last edited by Bimmer750LI; 11-10-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 Chevy Corvette z06
the dealer gave me a print out with my bt pin on it. but then informed me that if i use it with my blackberry curve it will fk up the idrive system?
Old 11-12-2009, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: 740i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
the dealer gave me a print out with my bt pin on it. but then informed me that if i use it with my blackberry curve it will fk up the idrive system?
Totally not true, I been using my BB Curve since Aug and not problems to report.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 750 Li
Cool longandlow

I found it. My 2006 750 Li would not pair...I looked in my owners manual booklet. The is a 4 digit code next to "PK" on a laminated card. I keyed that code in when prompted to and it paired. you now owe me beer lol.