Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 AM
yakitori832 yakitori832 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: 09 328i
Angel Eyes DRL

I was driving to work today and noticed the the e90 with the 09 LCI had its angel eyes on and nothing else. I never recalled my 09 e90 doing the same. So i checked outside under the sun if my angel eyes were on, but they weren't. It only comes on when i switch them to parking lamps or at night when the driving lights turn on. I turned the DRL on and off and both options did not have the angel eyes on.

Am i missing something?

I've looked around for threads but couldnt find anything. Maybe my search criteria is off.
__________________
2009 328i 4dr Alpine White
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Orient330iNYC's Avatar
Orient330iNYC Orient330iNYC is offline
Flying monkey herder
Location: Wall St
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,113
Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
do you have halogens or xenons?
__________________
Past: 2001 330i ZSP/ZPP/Step
Past: 2004 S60R 6MT Sport
Past: 2007 335i 6MT ZSP/ZCW/322/655
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 AM
E92Submarine's Avatar
E92Submarine E92Submarine is offline
Officially Contaminated
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,052
Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitori832 View Post
I was driving to work today and noticed the the e90 with the 09 LCI had its angel eyes on and nothing else. I never recalled my 09 e90 doing the same. So i checked outside under the sun if my angel eyes were on, but they weren't. It only comes on when i switch them to parking lamps or at night when the driving lights turn on. I turned the DRL on and off and both options did not have the angel eyes on.

Am i missing something?

I've looked around for threads but couldnt find anything. Maybe my search criteria is off.
Daytime running lamps enabled in iDrive?
__________________
2009 E92 335i | 6MT | Black Sapphire | Black Dakota | Aluminum Trim | Premium | Sport | Heated Seats | PDC | iDrive | HD Radio | M-Sport Shift Knob |
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
vadim's Avatar
vadim vadim is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Roseville, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 860
Mein Auto: '08 E92 335i MT
Pre-LCI E90/91 do not use the halo lights as DRL. Is yours LCI?
__________________
vadim
'08 E92 335i MT / Space Gray / Coral Red / Aluminum / ZSP / ZPP / iPod+USB / Heated seats
+ OEM alarm / 330i SSK / M3 shifter knob / M-Tech steering wheel / BPS Motorsports aluminum pedals + M3 foot rest / RE 12mm spacers / Euro split-view mirrors / Manual rear sunshade

Last edited by vadim; 02-17-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 AM
yakitori832 yakitori832 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: 09 328i
Halogen lamps, no idrive
__________________
2009 328i 4dr Alpine White

Last edited by yakitori832; 02-17-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Bryan@Jlevi SW Bryan@Jlevi SW is offline
1.888.JLEVISW
Location: 2944 Scott Blvd, Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 647
Send a message via AIM to Bryan@Jlevi SW
Mein Auto: E46 330i
non LCI E90s do not have this feature...you must have an early build 09 car which was PRELCI

We do offer a wiring kit that will enable this feature...its our Daeos Daytime AE operation system.

I'd double check to make sure your car isn't an LCI first, however.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
yakitori832 yakitori832 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: 09 328i
i have the facelifted 09 model. is that not LCI?
__________________
2009 328i 4dr Alpine White
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,740
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitori832 View Post
i have the facelifted 09 model. is that not LCI?
That is the LCI, but you don't have xenon's which is what you saw on the road. You and I have halogens, and the halogens DRL's are the inner 'dot' headlamp. The angels only come on in complete darkness as the inner ring with the outer 'dot' lit.

When I traded in my E93 w/xenon's and got an E90 w/halogens I too tried to solve this, but nothing will work in "automatic' mode. You'll have to manually switch the headlamps each night and/or purchase a questionable xenon-like kit with all of the issues that go along with them (blue-ish tint, fail quickly, not as bright, cause error messages on the dash display, etc).

I just decided to live with the standard halogen DRL's and that's that.

Here's a visual explanation of what I was trying to accomplish....posted it in another thread and over on E90post. Lots of dialogue, decided to stay as-is.



BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 02-17-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-17-2010, 01:32 PM
yakitori832 yakitori832 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: 09 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
That is the LCI, but you don't have xenon's which is what you saw on the road. You and I have halogens, and the halogens DRL's are the inner 'dot' headlamp. The angels only come on in complete darkness as the inner ring with the outer 'dot' lit.

When I traded in my E93 w/xenon's and got an E90 w/halogens I too tried to solve this, but nothing will work in "automatic' mode. You'll have to manually switch the headlamps each night and/or purchase a questionable xenon-like kit with all of the issues that go along with them (blue-ish tint, fail quickly, not as bright, cause error messages on the dash display, etc).

I just decided to live with the standard halogen DRL's and that's that.

Here's a visual explanation of what I was trying to accomplish....posted it in another thread and over on E90post. Lots of dialogue, decided to stay as-is.



BJ
Thanks! Thats everything i needed to know. Yeah the lamp as a DRL is not cool at all.
__________________
2009 328i 4dr Alpine White
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
yakitori832 yakitori832 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 165
Mein Auto: 09 328i
miss posted
__________________
2009 328i 4dr Alpine White
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Edison@JleviSW Edison@JleviSW is offline
1.888.JLEVISW
Location: Santa Clara, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,247
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Mein Auto: BMW Duh
You have a facelift LCI E90, I can tell by the Euro Clear headlights. Does the car have halogens or xenons? The angel eyes are activated through the iDrive system to enable daytime functionality. Your dealer can do it as well.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM
bluecrab bluecrab is offline
Registered User
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 34
Mein Auto: 2011 328i xDrive
I just purchased a new (used) 2011 328i xDrive with halogen headlights and I'd like to change the DRLs to the corona "angel eye" mode. My new car does have the NAV system, so I assume it has iDrive. Will someone explain how to make this change?

This car is so much different than the 325xi that I traded in. Love the new car!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms