Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:14 PM

Mein Auto: 335i coupe
Thumbs up Passport BMW of MD.

Once again Passport BMW in Md. comes thru with a great experience and price.

Bought my leased vehicle back from BMW. Passport worked a great price for the vehicle, CPO and maintenance. This was the same vehicle I bought from them 3 years ago, (335i sports,comfort access, premium, auto,19k) when they beat every ones price in DC metro area.

Tried to deal with Sterling VA. BMW (less than 5 miles from the house), what a joke, those guys are just rude, very evasive, and could careless about a customer as long as they make lots of $$$ on a sale. They were thousands higher than Passport.

Bottom line don't waste your time with Sterling, VA BMW, I have tried for the last 4 transactions and have been disappointed each time.

Make the drive to Passport, you will not be disappointed.
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgroves View Post

Bought my leased vehicle back from BMW. Passport worked a great price for the vehicle, CPO and maintenance. This was the same vehicle I bought from them 3 years ago, (335i sports,comfort access, premium, auto,19k) when they beat every ones price in DC metro area.

Tried to deal with Sterling VA. BMW (less than 5 miles from the house), what a joke, those guys are just rude, very evasive, and could careless about a customer as long as they make lots of $$$ on a sale. They were thousands higher than Passport.

Bottom line don't waste your time with Sterling, VA BMW, I have tried for the last 4 transactions and have been disappointed each time.

I live in Va as well and I went to Fairfax BMW and they were as bad or worse than Sterling BMW. I went to Passport BMW and they gave me the best deal by far and treated me like they really appreciated my business.

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328xi Sedan
I had the exact same experience. I live right near Fairfax BMW, but I spoke with BMW Sterling as well. The Sterling sales guy actually told me to give him a break that he was just trying to make some money on the car. I explained that it wasn't my job to help him out, I was out to find the best price possible. The Fairfax team was just plain rude and didn't really sit down and answer any questions. (I guess being 25 years old made them not think I should be buying a new BMW.) After going to Passport, the first offer I got from them was just above invoice and no other dealerships would beat it. My sales guy (John Dugan) was extremely responsive and even after receiving delivery must have sat with me for over an hour in the car just explaining every last detail. I was very pleased and would just go right back to them to buy my next BMW. Well worth the drive.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Color blind photographer

Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias View Post
I live in Va as well and I went to Fairfax BMW and they were as bad or worse than Sterling BMW. I went to Passport BMW and they gave me the best deal by far and treated me like they really appreciated my business.
+ 1 I tried twice to deal with Fairfax and they lied, were way overpriced and arrogant. I've been with Passport since (and Joern there) for three cars.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
Nice to hear positive reports about a dealer for a change. If Passport wasn't on the other side of DC from me I would use them for service.

Colonel (Ret) US Army / Hagerstown, MD
1985 M635 Euro Alpine White/Pacific Blue (Fun Car)
2010 Z4 s30i Alpine White/Beige
2013 Audi A6 Ibis White/Nougat (Daily Driver)
2013 Audi A4(Ret)
2011 335d (Ret)
2009 335i vert (Ret)
2007 335i vert (Ret) ED 04-13-10
2000 740iL (Ret)
1998 328iC (Ret)
1990 535i (Ret)
1988 635CSi (Ret)

https://plus.google.com/photos/10999...COHGu-rlyIrrLg
Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
Very Unhappy with Passport - Can we say Tires for Life Program
Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Travel Fever

Mein Auto: 535dx
At Passport, Sales are good people, service are good people just don't buy into words from the Business / Finance Department.

MJ14 535dx - Imperial Blue
MJ10 550 GT - Imperial Blue (retired)
MJ07 530i - Silver Grey (Sold)
Old 03-11-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason View Post
At Passport, Sales are good people, service are good people just don't buy into words from the Business / Finance Department.

+1 The finance guy tried to jack me up on the money factor, I had to call him out on it, other than that, everything else was great!

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
Old 06-23-2010, 07:06 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35d
Hey - anybody knows Passport service manager name/email? I want to share some negative feedback with him.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35d + 2011 528i
Just got back home from a trip to Passport to buy a new F10. I had a great sales experience, probably the best ever. Everything agreed on prior and zero hassles when I showed up at the dealer.

Tim
Old 04-09-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim-atl View Post
Just got back home from a trip to Passport to buy a new F10. I had a great sales experience, probably the best ever. Everything agreed on prior and zero hassles when I showed up at the dealer.

Tim
Im glad you had a great experience Passport not only wants to sell cars they want to make loyal customers in the process its a good sound business model. I just wish the BMW Dealerships in Virginia would do the same .

Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i xdrive
Passport BMW is the best. This is my 4th vehicle from them. Peter Brizan sold me the vehicles. He will work with you to make you happy and make a fair deal happen. Nobody beats their price..
Old 05-18-2011, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgroves View Post

I live 5 minutes from BMW of Sterling and get my car serviced there without issue but I would never buy a new BMW from them. If you go in there you better have all of your information down pat because there is a lot of hiding the ball that goes on there. I have never had a problem with getting good service there though even though my z4 was bought from a competing local dealer.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaCabrioFan View Post
I live 5 minutes from BMW of Sterling and get my car serviced there without issue but I would never buy a new BMW from them. If you go in there you better have all of your information down pat because there is a lot of hiding the ball that goes on there. I have never had a problem with getting good service there though even though my z4 was bought from a competing local dealer.
+1.
I bought mine from another dealer, but take it in to BMW Sterling for service and faced no issues.
The only thing I wish for is, the SA to really sit down and spend some time talking with me on what service complaints/concerns I have - but they look really busy all the time.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35d + 2011 528i
That's a good point. Always evaluate the sales experience separately from the service experience. Often one is great and the other not.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Drink More Wine!

Mein Auto: 2011 550iX M Sport
Different view of FF BMW

Ironically I've bought two BMW's from Fairfax BMW and both times the process was smooth, easy, and pretty much hassle free. I've done my homework before hand and am pretty upfront on what I am willing to pay. Their service department on the other hand has always been about trying to upsell me on repairs and is a total pain in the butt.

I've heard lots of good things about Passport BMW on the sales side and am considering servicing the new car there since I've moved my offices to Bethesda. Hope their service department is as good as the sales side.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que syrah syrah View Post
Ironically I've bought two BMW's from Fairfax BMW and both times the process was smooth, easy, and pretty much hassle free. I've done my homework before hand and am pretty upfront on what I am willing to pay. Their service department on the other hand has always been about trying to upsell me on repairs and is a total pain in the butt.

I've heard lots of good things about Passport BMW on the sales side and am considering servicing the new car there since I've moved my offices to Bethesda. Hope their service department is as good as the sales side.
Passport has valet service within a 50 mile radius, where they pick up your car for service and leave the exact car for you to use until your car is done. I haven't used it but my daughter did and she loved it, she is very busy, owns her own business and doesn't have time to take her car in for service, so the valet service worked very well for her.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 325xi
Sounds like I should have gone there for service. Let's just say, you need to make sure you are very clear on what Inspection II means because it seems like some dealers are coming up with their own definitions and then charging you extra for consumables and other periodic maintenance that are supposed to be covered for that rather hefty fee which is way more than it should cost just to look at stuff. Not a good sign when the dealer tries to wiggle out of what it says on its own website.

Last edited by thatgeekinit; 09-23-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:57 PM

Mein Auto: 07 550i sport black/black
Passport has a stunning facility and award winning customer service. Ask for Cullen Malone. He'll roll out the red carpet for ya!

Cullen Malone
Cullen.malone@passportbmw.com

(that's me)

Current 2007 black on black 550i w/dinan intake. Rpi gt exhaust. M tech bumper... Thinking about putting Black miros, thoughts?

Last edited by Wcm550; 10-04-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Wrong contact information
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Blue Bimmer!

Mein Auto: 2013 335i EBII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcm550 View Post
Passport has a stunning facility and award winning customer service. Ask for Cullen Malone. He'll roll out the red carpet for ya!

Cullen Malone
Cullen.malone@passportbmw.com

(that's me)

Current 2007 black on black 550i w/dinan intake. Rpi gt exhaust. M tech bumper... Thinking about putting Black miros, thoughts?

I attempted to email you. However, it says the email is invalid. I also called 1-888-778-5666 on your website and it said "Thank you for calling Passport BMW. No one is available" and it hung up on me four times....

Last edited by cchrisv; 10-04-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 AM

Mein Auto: 07 550i sport black/black
Smile Miros or not?

Thursday is my day off and our email system has recently changed. Sent you a message how to contact me, Cullen.malone@passportauto.com. Back to original question, strongly considering black miros this week, anyone have feedback?

Much appreciated.

Thanks, c