Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 02-19-2011, 06:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X5
Unhappy Heated seat issue

I purchased my first BMW a 2005 X5, with 57000mi. on Jan. 5th, 2011 and unfortunately it hasn't been a very good experience! In less than two weeks of owning it my driver heated seat unit started burning my leather seat and if I wouldn't have been in the car it probablly could have been a bad fire!! Now, I've seen and heard numerous stories of this happening and I want to know why BMW isn't stepping up to the plate and fixing this $1400 problem?! I do not think I should have to pay for this after only owning it for this short time, it certainly wasn't my falt. Now my perfect seat has a large burn hole in it and of course I'm not able to use my heated seat feature. Hello, it's been in the 20's, that's pretty darn cold!!! So, anyone able to give me some insite as to how I can get this taken care of?
Ads by Google
Old 02-26-2011, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X5 4.4, 2002 Vette
Did your car come with a warantee? If not you could stand on your head and spit bullets, BMW won't fix it on their dime. I too have a 2005 X5 and I do still have a warantee on it and BMW will not repair the bluetooth that crapped out, it seems everything else exept the phone, radio, lighting and anything else that breaks is not covered under the warantee. The only things that are covered are things that don't fail during the warantee period. Welcome to the high cost of BMW ownership, enjoy the ride!