Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: Mercedes
335d lease or wait for F30

I test drove the 335d about a year ago and loved the car but had a hard time believing I could give up my current car with 3 pedals. I've come to the point that I do want the car and would like to get it ASAP (as long as one is available and I don't have to order one).

Here's where I need some advice: Do I wait for the F30 assuming a diesel will be in the 2013MY? Has anyone heard if there will be a diesel out right away or will it be delayed and what are the est specs? If there isn't one coming until 2014MY, it makes sense to me to get the car now. Appreciate the thoughts.
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2011, 02:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d Le Mans Blue/Black
From all indications that I've seen diesel model is not going to come out with the initial rollout of F30 sedan. Diesel model may be introduced here a year or two after the gas variants are introduced and available. So if you're wanting a diesel, and don't want to wait over a year, then I would just go with the e90 335d. BTW, if you have trouble finding a model with the desired specs, there are quite a few diesels on the lot in the northern california dealers, so you can extend your search for a diesel to match your desired configuration to up here if you can't find anything down in southern california. If anything, it'll give you an opportunity for a nice road trip to bring it back down there. It's a great road trip car!
E90 335d - Le Mans Blue, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Trim, M-Sport Package w/ Paddles, Premium Package, Navigation, Heated Front Seats, Split Fold Down Rear Seats, Smartphone Integration, Comfort Access, Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System. Ipod/USB Integration, Satellite Radio, Anti-Theft Alarm

Delivery: March 07, 2011. My European Delivery Car Photos Dropoff in Geneva: March 09, 2011 - Geneva
Redelivery: May 13, 2011
Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: Mercedes
Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljlin View Post
From all indications that I've seen diesel model is not going to come out with the initial rollout of F30 sedan. Diesel model may be introduced here a year or two after the gas variants are introduced and available. So if you're wanting a diesel, and don't want to wait over a year, then I would just go with the e90 335d. BTW, if you have trouble finding a model with the desired specs, there are quite a few diesels on the lot in the northern california dealers, so you can extend your search for a diesel to match your desired configuration to up here if you can't find anything down in southern california. If anything, it'll give you an opportunity for a nice road trip to bring it back down there. It's a great road trip car!
Really appreciate the insight. That really does make the decision easier considering my lack of patience!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 128i convertible
I just had my 1-year anniversary with my 335d. I never had a car with less than 3 pedals and never thought I would be happy with an automatic--until this one. Something about the diesel engine + the transmission in the 335d far exceeded my expectations and I am more than happy with it. It's the best car I've ever owned.