Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-17-2011, 12:46 AM
mjr244 mjr244 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 130
Mein Auto: 2011 750li X-Drive
I enabled DVD in motion tonight

While some people are supposedly working on the LED angel eyes I bought and recommended (3 weeks and counting since any update....hmmmm....I'll stay quiet on that situation and that person).....I've been working on other stuff.

I bought a disc from dvdinmotion.com for $175 USD....SIMPLE install....just burn the file onto a CD-R and put the CD-R into your car....the program starts right up. It takes 2 minutes to do. Best mod yet.....NAV-TV wanted $600 for a module.....other vendors were trying to figure out how to do this......but now it's done.

Email Lucie at dvdinmotion.com.....she was very helpful. Mine didn't work at first....she recognized the problem....did a quick recode....and now it works fine.

You are all welcome.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-17-2011, 05:17 AM
hd750Li's Avatar
hd750Li hd750Li is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: US
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 540
Mein Auto: 2008/2011 750Li
DIY approach

Very nice! If you have NCS Expert, there are 2 different ways to do this by yourself - very easy and straight forward. See the attachment posted in bmwcoding.com.

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/457...WCODING_v2.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2011, 05:18 AM
spyders 745li's Avatar
spyders 745li spyders 745li is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: queens,ny
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 145
Mein Auto: bmw745li
Hey what dvd r using the nav or an add on

Sent from my X10a using Bimmer App
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2011, 02:47 PM
mjr244 mjr244 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 130
Mein Auto: 2011 750li X-Drive
Yes, you guys may have coded the old E65 7 series.

No one has coded the F series cars unless you used a module that was $600-900. NCExpert doesn't work on F series cars.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
mbworldz mbworldz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 263
Mein Auto: 2011 740i Blk/Blk
So with that dvd from dvdinmotion.com will enable the dvd in motion feature? No need to purchase any module and wiring ? That's awesome. I have been looking for one long time ago, but they all costly. I found this on ebay and seller sent me the installation pdf. It requires some welding ...etc. http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERFACE-TV-FRE...item53e5fffa34

Since you already enabled DVD in motion, is there a way to disable it through a button on a steering wheel or you can't disable it ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr244 View Post
While some people are supposedly working on the LED angel eyes I bought and recommended (3 weeks and counting since any update....hmmmm....I'll stay quiet on that situation and that person).....I've been working on other stuff.

I bought a disc from dvdinmotion.com for $175 USD....SIMPLE install....just burn the file onto a CD-R and put the CD-R into your car....the program starts right up. It takes 2 minutes to do. Best mod yet.....NAV-TV wanted $600 for a module.....other vendors were trying to figure out how to do this......but now it's done.

Email Lucie at dvdinmotion.com.....she was very helpful. Mine didn't work at first....she recognized the problem....did a quick recode....and now it works fine.

You are all welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbworldz View Post
So with that dvd from dvdinmotion.com will enable the dvd in motion feature? No need to purchase any module and wiring ? That's awesome. I have been looking for one long time ago, but they all costly. I found this on ebay and seller sent me the installation pdf. It requires some welding ...etc. http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERFACE-TV-FRE...item53e5fffa34

Since you already enabled DVD in motion, is there a way to disable it through a button on a steering wheel or you can't disable it ?
To disable it you just insert the installation CD and follow the same procedure as the installation. Takes 5 mins and its back to stock. I would recommend this to anyone. The valet guys love it .
__________________
2013 BMW M5
2011 BMW 750i M Sport w/ HRE 948R - Retired
2011 Infiniti QX56
'73 VW Dune Buggy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-11-2011, 01:38 PM
knkdlr knkdlr is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 2011 750i
Did the dvdinmotion work?

Last edited by knkdlr; 05-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 AM
mikeegez315 mikeegez315 is offline
Registered User
Location: Breinigsville PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: 750ix
So do you lose the nav while playing a dvd?

Last edited by mikeegez315; 04-21-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeegez315 View Post
So do you lose the nav while playing a dvd?
No you just put the screen in split screen mode. Then you have a small map and the movie takes up the main screen.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-23-2011, 05:17 PM
mikeegez315 mikeegez315 is offline
Registered User
Location: Breinigsville PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: 750ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCabbage View Post
No you just put the screen in split screen mode. Then you have a small map and the movie takes up the main screen.
I guess the better question is where do you play the dvd from? Is the single disc player a dvd player? I was thinking you had to take the nav disc out but now that I think about it do we even have nav disc or is it software?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeegez315 View Post
I guess the better question is where do you play the dvd from? Is the single disc player a dvd player? I was thinking you had to take the nav disc out but now that I think about it do we even have nav disc or is it software?
Its all software no nav disc needed. You can play DVDs from the single disk player.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr244 View Post
While some people are supposedly working on the LED angel eyes I bought and recommended (3 weeks and counting since any update....hmmmm....I'll stay quiet on that situation and that person).....I've been working on other stuff.

I bought a disc from dvdinmotion.com for $175 USD....SIMPLE install....just burn the file onto a CD-R and put the CD-R into your car....the program starts right up. It takes 2 minutes to do. Best mod yet.....NAV-TV wanted $600 for a module.....other vendors were trying to figure out how to do this......but now it's done.

Email Lucie at dvdinmotion.com.....she was very helpful. Mine didn't work at first....she recognized the problem....did a quick recode....and now it works fine.

You are all welcome.
Probably the best mod for the money. Thanks for this post I emailed Lucie as soon as I read this.

Thanks again...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-27-2011, 02:13 PM
mikeegez315 mikeegez315 is offline
Registered User
Location: Breinigsville PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: 750ix
OK Im ready to buy one ...anyone want to go in together. Looks like its cheaper if a few of us order at the same time?

Cobra did you get yours working already? Any issues?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 AM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeegez315 View Post
OK Im ready to buy one ...anyone want to go in together. Looks like its cheaper if a few of us order at the same time?

Cobra did you get yours working already? Any issues?

Thanks
Ok DVD in Motion is great and Lucie is extremely responsive. I will tell you its a bit of a mission and not to expect it to work on the first try. I probably burned and tried 8 different disks before it worked. So with the time delay and going back and forth it took me almost a week. But I think its well worth it and use it every time I'm in the car...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-28-2011, 08:25 AM
mikeegez315 mikeegez315 is offline
Registered User
Location: Breinigsville PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: 750ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCabbage View Post
Ok DVD in Motion is great and Lucie is extremely responsive. I will tell you its a bit of a mission and not to expect it to work on the first try. I probably burned and tried 8 different disks before it worked. So with the time delay and going back and forth it took me almost a week. But I think its well worth it and use it every time I'm in the car...
What brand/type of DVD disc and program did you use to get it to work. I know Sony's work for making Lexus Nav DVD's.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeegez315 View Post
What brand/type of DVD disc and program did you use to get it to work. I know Sony's work for making Lexus Nav DVD's.
Thanks
The best disks to use are Sony or Verbatim. I have a MAC so I used Roxio Toast.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
repstein repstein is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 128
Mein Auto: 2013 ML63 AMG, 2011 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCabbage View Post
Ok DVD in Motion is great and Lucie is extremely responsive. I will tell you its a bit of a mission and not to expect it to work on the first try. I probably burned and tried 8 different disks before it worked. So with the time delay and going back and forth it took me almost a week. But I think its well worth it and use it every time I'm in the car...
Worked for me on the first attempt. No problems at all.

You can play from the single disc or from the multi-disc changer if you have one.

Basically, it's the same as when you are parked, except now it works when you put the car into gear.

Randy
__________________
Current:
2013 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG Loaded

2011 BMW 750Li Carbon Blk Metallic, Oyster/Blk Nappa Leather, Ash Grain Trim, (Camera, Cold Weather, Driver Assist, Luxury Seats, M Sport w/20" Wheels, Premium Sound, Rear Entertainment Pkgs), Integral Active Steering, Instrument Panel w/ Leather, Ceramic Controls, Head-up Display, Smartphone Integration, Combox

2004 BMW 745Li Titanium Silver, Black Leather

Former: 2008 BMW 750Li, 2001 Audi A6 2.7T, 1998 Ford Expedition, 1993 Lexus ES300
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-28-2011, 06:03 AM
Leslierc's Avatar
Leslierc Leslierc is offline
Sejanus
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland - USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,832
Mein Auto: `11 MSport 750ix/`08 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr244 View Post
While some people are supposedly working on the LED angel eyes I bought and recommended (3 weeks and counting since any update....hmmmm....I'll stay quiet on that situation and that person).....I've been working on other stuff.
I'm actually angry at myself for waiting this long to read your thread!!!
__________________
2011 Panamera 4S...GT Silver / Espresso
2013 Porsche Carrera 4; 2012 Mini CooperS convertible; '04 GX470
Prior BMWs: `05 645CiC; `07 650i; `08 M6 convertible; '08 135i; `11 750ix MSport

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 AM
SAMLAMBO SAMLAMBO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Singapore
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 766
Mein Auto: BMW, Mercedes, Ford
Pardon my ignorance but what is this DVD in motion? I have never played DVD in my car before.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo

"Age is but a statistic that has no relevance to enjoyment of horsepower"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 AM
mikeegez315 mikeegez315 is offline
Registered User
Location: Breinigsville PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: 750ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is this DVD in motion? I have never played DVD in my car before.
It lets you play a DVD on the nav screen and also while the car is moving. Atleast thats what I think it does. Can we play a dvd without this software? I am away from my car so I can't test it right now.

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:32 PM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeegez315 View Post
It lets you play a DVD on the nav screen and also while the car is moving. Atleast thats what I think it does. Can we play a dvd without this software? I am away from my car so I can't test it right now.

thanks
You can play a DVD without this software but once you put your car in drive "D" the video will disappear (at least it does in the US). This software allows you to play the DVD even while driving.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
mikeegez315 mikeegez315 is offline
Registered User
Location: Breinigsville PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: 750ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCabbage View Post
You can play a DVD without this software but once you put your car in drive "D" the video will disappear (at least it does in the US). This software allows you to play the DVD even while driving.
OK cool... I will order mine this week if no one else want to go in with me.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is this DVD in motion? I have never played DVD in my car before.
Sam this is a must have for you car...trust me. Please let me know where I can order a set of Philips Diamond bulbs? I'm diein over here...lol
__________________
2013 BMW M5
2011 BMW 750i M Sport w/ HRE 948R - Retired
2011 Infiniti QX56
'73 VW Dune Buggy
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-28-2011, 01:50 PM
mikeegez315 mikeegez315 is offline
Registered User
Location: Breinigsville PA
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 64
Mein Auto: 750ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCabbage View Post
Sam this is a must have for you car...trust me. Please let me know where I can order a set of Philips Diamond bulbs? I'm diein over here...lol
Ha same here I just finished reading that whole post and I can't find those bulbs anywhere.

Last edited by mikeegez315; 04-28-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-28-2011, 02:00 PM
CobraCabbage CobraCabbage is offline
Registered User
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 2013 MCB M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeegez315 View Post
Ha same here I just finished reading that whole post and I can find those bulbs anywhere.
If you find them please let me know...
__________________
2013 BMW M5
2011 BMW 750i M Sport w/ HRE 948R - Retired
2011 Infiniti QX56
'73 VW Dune Buggy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms