Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > BMW CCA LA Chapter Forum

BMW CCA LA Chapter Forum
The official BMW CCA LA Chapter forum on Bimmerfest.com. With over 3,500 members, LA BMW CCA members enjoys a number of club sponsored events, contests, and offers a great way to meet new friends who appreciate our very own ultimate driving machines. For more information about the LA chapter of the BMW CCA jump over to their website - www.bmwclubla.org

Old 01-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 12 328i ED & 11 328i ED
LA Chapter 2012 Autocross Dates

Hi Everybody,

With the new year settling in and people getting back to business, I thought it would be the right time to share our 2012 autocross dates. As of now these are all at Auto Club Speedway in lot 12

March 11
May 20
June 10
September 30
November 11

Registration will be at motorsportreg.com about a month prior.

One critical change for 2012 - ALL participants MUST be BMW CCA members. In the past we have not insisted on that, but National is requiring it. This is a great excuse to join arguably one of the best car clubs out there. In addition to discounts on parts and accessories, a great magazine (Roundel), and really fun events, you also may be eligible (after one year of membership) for a rebate on your next BMW purchase/lease. That rebate is no less than $500!!!!! Totally worth the $49 it costs to join IMHO.

One of the 2012 events will be our famous "Drift and Donuts" day. We are lucky to have 1 million square feet of parking lot at Auto Club Speedway so for this event we will have one wet skid pad, one dry skid pad, and an almost full 50-60 second autocross course. You can go to any of those "games" whenever you choose. The only caveat is that every hour some folks get out and chase cones for an hour. But the rest of the day you play to your heart's content. We will have instructors for all of the exercises and some excellent drifting demonstrations. Stay tuned for more information.

We sincerely hope to see you at our autocross events.

However...I also know that not everybody wants to autocross. So we are going to arrange a Bimmers and Brats event at Beverly Hills BMW. Stay tuned for dates and times. Plus there will be Driver's Schools, tours, parties, and probably another tech session or two. Many fun things to do with your BMW!

Please feel free to chime-in and share what kinds of events you would like to attend. We appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

Happy New Year everybody!
Ads by Google
Old 04-15-2012, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2.0L Turbo
Will there be a skid pad for the may 20th date? Will there be a skid pad available all dates? I do enjoy this most.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 12 328i ED & 11 328i ED
We plan to have the skid pads at all future events. However if we can find a tow vehicle we will probably try to have a water trailer so it is not so hard on tires.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2.0L Turbo
Awesome! Count me to come to each event then. I do prefer the dry skidpad over the wet one, but I understand why some drivers want to save tires too. I say conserve water haha :-)