Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 02-07-2012, 06:45 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 sdrive30i
BMW Connected app

Does having this app have any advantage for Z4's produced from 2009-2011? Or is it just for 2012 and beyond?

Thanks for any info,

Marc
Ads by Google
Old 02-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
I use this app in my 2011 Z4 for Face Book, Mileage, Calendar and sometimes Web Radio. Twitter and MOG also work fine.
2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i * Titanium Silver Metallic * Black Kansas Leather * Cold Weather Package * Premium Package * Premium Sound Package * 7-Speed Double Clutch Transmission * Style 293 Wheels * Navigation System * BMW Apps * European Delivery * Performance Center Delivery * Joy Unlimited !
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 sDrive35is
Which USB Port are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddapah View Post
I use this app in my 2011 Z4 for Face Book, Mileage, Calendar and sometimes Web Radio. Twitter and MOG also work fine.
Which USB port are you using when you connect your iPhone.
I cannot seem to get this to work.

I have a 2011 Z4 sDrive35is

Thanks,
Danny
Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by idanny View Post
Which USB port are you using when you connect your iPhone.
I cannot seem to get this to work.

I have a 2011 Z4 sDrive35is

Thanks,
Danny
When I used iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, it went into the snap-in adapter. I am using iPhone 5 now with the 'lightning to USB cable' (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...g-to-usb-cable). I connected it to the USB port in the handrest. You can't connect to the USB port in glove compartment.
2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i * Titanium Silver Metallic * Black Kansas Leather * Cold Weather Package * Premium Package * Premium Sound Package * 7-Speed Double Clutch Transmission * Style 293 Wheels * Navigation System * BMW Apps * European Delivery * Performance Center Delivery * Joy Unlimited !
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 sDrive35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddapah View Post
When I used iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, it went into the snap-in adapter. I am using iPhone 5 now with the 'lightning to USB cable' (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...g-to-usb-cable). I connected it to the USB port in the handrest. You can't connect to the USB port in glove compartment.

I have the ability to listen to music with the same setup.
Lighting bolt adapter iphone 5 and BMW iPhone/iPod cable.

I cannot get text messages to come up on the screen though.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 PM

Mein Auto: K1200S & 335i Sport
I'm having difficulties running the initial Connected App self-diagnosis test on my phone (iphone 5). I've followed the instructions via BMW's web-portal and from an achieved thread on said subject from another website. With that said, my method to sync the car (2012 335i) to the phone are:
-apple usb attached to phone jack
-turn on the Connected drive app
-plug the usb cable into the armrest connector
-start the self-diagnosis test

Results...after the self-test starts my progress bar will move slightly forward before I receive the connection to vehicle failed message.

I would deeply appreciate any assistance or guidance on troubleshooting (i'm w/o a cradle).
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Road or Beach

Mein Auto: 2012 Z4 35is
I really don't think the adapter makes the diffference. However, I think you get a different software option if you have the adapter that you don't get without it. Without that software update the connect does not work. At least for me iPhone 4s, no adapter I cannot get all of those options. However, I can still use the remote app to send google maps, I can stream music from pandora via bluetooth and txt messages show up in office (not email though). I have yet to see album art connected with the USB or bluetooth. Since bluetooth is more convenient for me for both phone and music that is what I use