Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department

The Detail Department
Detailing tips, tricks to keep your bimmer in showroom condition.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
Dealing with light to medium scratches?

I've been thru this forum more than once, can't seem to find a direct answer...I have an '08 335, Monaco Blue....several places on doors and trunk lid have scratches that look like that they were made by finger nails, or the nails of dog paws getting up on the doors.....what should I do to get them out or at least less noticeable? Thanks, WC
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 AM

Mein Auto: 99...540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin717 View Post
I've been thru this forum more than once, can't seem to find a direct answer...I have an '08 335, Monaco Blue....several places on doors and trunk lid have scratches that look like that they were made by finger nails, or the nails of dog paws getting up on the doors.....what should I do to get them out or at least less noticeable? Thanks, WC
If you can feel these with your finger nail chances are they are not all going to come out. I would suggest that you have a detailer in your area look at them. Sounds to me that its going to require a machine buffing to get the reduced

Its Going To Cost How Much???????
Old 04-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
After you fix the scratches, you may want to consider some clear bra material placed in that "pocket". I had this done on the E90 and the E86 under the door handle, zero marks on the paint.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:44 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528i
With a DA orbital polisher, try to remove the scratches yourself with a compound then polish.

With an orange pad, use Meguiars M105 cutting compound. Work the areas well until the scratches are minimized or gone.

With a white pad, use Meguiars M205 to clean up any hazing from the compound step.

This may not completely remove all scratches, that would depend on how deep they are. Think it's worth a try though.