Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: '12 335i
Coming back to Bimmer

We have ordered a '12 335i, to replace our totaled '11 CTS-V. The new car is being built now, Alpine White, sport line, Premium sound, heated seats and steering wheel. We have previous Bimmer experience - '76 2002 and '01 330i, and a Beemer - '73 R75/5. We test drove several cars, including E350, but the new 335i made us both smile. I really appreciate the extra room in the '12 since I am somewhat wider in the seat than when I bought the 2002 new.

I have already learned a lot looking at the F30 stickies and posts. Looking forward to driving the new car in a few weeks.
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
welcome back
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: Infinity G35, BMW 545i
Welcome back. I too came back to and F30. I think you will like it.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM

Mein Auto: 323ic
Turbo 6

Interested in difference in F30 vs your CTS-V that prompted you to change brands. Glad you did btw. I test drove a CTS thinking I should 'buy local' and sorry to say I felt the car dated compared to the F30.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 PM

Mein Auto: E92 M3/E90 335i xDrive
Welcome back. Tell us your impressions of the Cadillac CTS-V.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:50 PM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
And how it became totaled
Old 04-20-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
And how it became totaled
The CTS-V was my wife's daily driver. She was stopped in traffic, and a woman rammed into her from behind at about 45 mph. I think the woman was texting or otherwise distracted because there was no indication she even hit the brakes. The impact drove the back of the car body up under the back window, which exploded into the car, and drove the car into the vehicle ahead hard enough to destroy the front bumper and grille, and deploy the driver air bag. The third vehicle hit a fourth, and the fourth hit a fifth. It was a nasty hit. The car did it's job, and absorbed impact with the crush zones, and the Recaro seat probably helped reduce the whiplash. Even so, my wife is having neck and back pain, and is being treated by an orthopedist.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
The CTS-V is the fastest, quickest car I have ever driven. The only car I have ever ridden in that was close was a Shelby GT500KR with 428 dual quads. We had test driven a CTS sport v6, and it was a decent car, but not my cup of tea. I wanted a Corvette, wife wanted a sedan. She asked me what was the closest thing to a 4 door Vette. That would be the CTS-V. We went to test drive one, and I am thinking no way she will like it. Much to my surprise, she loved it! The power and handling are spectacular. It is actually quite docile in traffic, with excellent power at any speed, does not reveal the brute torque (556 lb-ft) until you really get into the throttle and get the boost up. When you do, better have some space in front and hang on. The guys at the CTS-V forum advised against disabling all the nanny controls, but of course, I had to check that out. Bad move. Rolled out from a stop, gave it about 80% WOT, and it went sideways at the 1-2 shift. I had to back off to avoid doing a 180 in the middle of the road. Ride with the MRC was firm, but not harsh, and the handling was excellent. We had the Recaro seats, which were very good. Down side of the CTS-V was the expensive lease, and the poor fuel economy. Much as we loved the V, we just did not want to start again at the beginning of a new lease, and pay that much for a lease and fuel.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo6 View Post
The CTS-V is the fastest, quickest car I have ever driven. The only car I have ever ridden in that was close was a Shelby GT500KR with 428 dual quads. We had test driven a CTS sport v6, and it was a decent car, but not my cup of tea. I wanted a Corvette, wife wanted a sedan. She asked me what was the closest thing to a 4 door Vette. That would be the CTS-V. We went to test drive one, and I am thinking no way she will like it. Much to my surprise, she loved it! The power and handling are spectacular. It is actually quite docile in traffic, with excellent power at any speed, does not reveal the brute torque (556 lb-ft) until you really get into the throttle and get the boost up. When you do, better have some space in front and hang on. The guys at the CTS-V forum advised against disabling all the nanny controls, but of course, I had to check that out. Bad move. Rolled out from a stop, gave it about 80% WOT, and it went sideways at the 1-2 shift. I had to back off to avoid doing a 180 in the middle of the road. Ride with the MRC was firm, but not harsh, and the handling was excellent. We had the Recaro seats, which were very good. Down side of the CTS-V was the expensive lease, and the poor fuel economy. Much as we loved the V, we just did not want to start again at the beginning of a new lease, and pay that much for a lease and fuel.
Sweet lol, glad your wifes ok.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: E92 M3/E90 335i xDrive
So the CTS-V gave it's life for your wife. Here's hoping that she has a full and rapid recovery.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo6 View Post
We have ordered a '12 335i, to replace our totaled '11 CTS-V. The new car is being built now, Alpine White, sport line, Premium sound, heated seats and steering wheel. We have previous Bimmer experience - '76 2002 and '01 330i, and a Beemer - '73 R75/5. We test drove several cars, including E350, but the new 335i made us both smile. I really appreciate the extra room in the '12 since I am somewhat wider in the seat than when I bought the 2002 new.

I have already learned a lot looking at the F30 stickies and posts. Looking forward to driving the new car in a few weeks.
I was the same with teh C350....it's that intangible thing about the 335i that just makes you know it's the one you want. The Benz's are nice cars, especially to look at, but driving a 335 is better than drivign a C350 and that's what matters.