Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E39 M5 (1998-2003)

E39 M5 (1998-2003)

Old 05-07-2012, 03:09 AM
Matman

Mein Auto: e39, e46
Old thread new comment e39 seat twist

Hi Just a quick thanks to all of you who posted ideas on the dreaded `seat twist`.
following your suggestions I did my passenger seat the other day, fixed the reclining twist and also the right side seat height adjustor.. all good.

I did the drivers seat today, only the one side of the seat height wasn`t working, it`s also good now, small problem i must have moved the cable as the seat does not sit square, it points slightly to the right, i`ll recheck it all tomorrow see where i went wrong.
I also replaced the flaking windscreen trim today, so easy, why did I wait so long I bought the part two months ago..?
Now to find someone in the Brissy area to do my dash pixels and I`ll be flying..

cheers.
Ads by Google
Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Matman

2002 e39 530i
Dammit. I decided to take the seat out and reset the rails so the seat would sit square.. done , all good again but the airbag lamp is on now.
I think tomorrow I should call a carpenter , have him build me A BOX LARGE ENOUGH FOR MY CAR, FILL IT WITH COTTON WOOL put the car in and store the whole thing in the shed.
Maybe then I`ll not have to worry about what might go wrong next. I have said it before and I`ll say it again, I love driving this car, I have had many Bms over the years, but the e39 is probably in my opinion the least reliable and most finicky of them all. Look at the forums, just jam packed with problems needing solved. my wife's e46 has had nothing but routine servicing for four years. Anyway that's my take.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 530i Loaded
did you disconnect the battery before going to work?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Matman

Hello Mikes e39, I guess you mean did I disconnect the Batt before working on the car.. yes I had already `done` the pass side the week before, It was a silly oversight -- my friend helped me lift the seat back in place, I asked him to reconnect the harness, I walked round the back and reconnected the batt. He thought he had the plug in securely but it wasn`t... ergo srs lamp on.. no probs my local Indy reset it at no cost.Next job, remove the dash cluster and send it away next week for pixel issue fix.
regs ..
ps I like your black grille.. that would look good on mine , its the metallic black, I`d like to black the side chrome strips too.
pps are front number plates not required in Houston?