Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 PM

Mein Auto: 650i xdrive convertible
2013 X6 M or 50

I am seriously of thinking of buying an X6. Does anyone have any argument for not getting the M version? Not worried about gas mileage. How much faster is the M or the 50? Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 F10 550 M-Sport
Higher acquisition cost would be the only reason not to get the X6M
Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 Cmp Pk&650 M sprt
X6m

Hands down X6M.

Got my earlier this month, smooth & quiet, thus when you need the extra VROOM, you can hear it roar!!

X6M = 555 hp

x6 5.0 = 400 hp

hope this helps...
Old 06-25-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenxesq View Post
Hands down X6M.

Got my earlier this month, smooth & quiet, thus when you need the extra VROOM, you can hear it roar!!

X6M = 555 hp

x6 5.0 = 400 hp

hope this helps...
I debated when I found out the M package kicks the 50i up to 440 hp, but found out I have absolutely no self control. Plus the dealer had an allocation about to be built, so I'm probably going to have it in 3-4 weeks with my exact options. (ordered it this morning)

Last edited by Bradh2238; 06-25-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:11 PM

Mein Auto: X6
Hey Brad,
Where did you order yours? I'm also from Denver and Schomp told me that I won't get it till September. I ordered it two weeks ago and they are saying they will "go the extra mile" for the production spot. I'm anxiously waiting for it oh and I got the M package with 50i!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:30 PM

I ordered it from Murray Motors. If your dealer had to submit a new request from scratch, I'm guessing they are probably about right. If I understand it right, when a dealer has already submitted to have one built, then it can be faster. In my case, the one I ordered was about 48 hours away from being built, so it was simply a matter of going in and changing a few of the options already selected. So, in theory, my order was placed months ago by the dealer for the dealer. I stepped into their allocation, and that is how I moved to the front of the line. Getting a 50i in Denver must be a challenge. I couldn't find one anywhere to even test drive. Likewise, the "M" is just as difficult, I just had good timing and because I was just coming off a buyback (sold by a difficult dealer to deal with in Nebraska) and I think they felt sorry for me. A dealer from California called right after I ordered mine and wanted to trade for it. If your dealer can find one anywhere in the country at another dealer I am sure they can try to trade for it and get you yours faster. The question is, "Do they really want to go the extra mile?" Good luck!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Mein Auto: X6
Oh wasn't it require for money down to order the car? I just fed up about searching for a car and I feel like Schomp has better option. Murray is okay but their offices inside is dark as hell and looks sooo trashy so I didn't want to get it there. I don't want them to test drive my car when it's done be loaded from the truck. I can see them doing that and I heard many bad things about the GM at Murray so I'm going to stay away from them. Becareful though, it's all talk and after looking for a month I think Schomp is okay not great but okay and since they don't haggle, makes me feel better I guess.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: Was 2010 X6 35i
After all the trouble we have had I am not putting anything down until they can confirm that the vehicle is ordered correctly. They know I got a big check back from BMW and am dealing directly with the General Sales Manager, not the lower level folks so hopefully some time this next week they can tell me whether they can get an earlier production slot or we are stuck with the late August early September slots currently on the table.
Former '03 X5 3.0 (Stolen)
Former '01 X5 3.0 (Lemoned)
Former 1998 Range Rover 4.6HSE
Former 1995 Isuzu Trooper LS 3.0
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi888 View Post
Oh wasn't it require for money down to order the car? I just fed up about searching for a car and I feel like Schomp has better option. Murray is okay but their offices inside is dark as hell and looks sooo trashy so I didn't want to get it there. I don't want them to test drive my car when it's done be loaded from the truck. I can see them doing that and I heard many bad things about the GM at Murray so I'm going to stay away from them. Becareful though, it's all talk and after looking for a month I think Schomp is okay not great but okay and since they don't haggle, makes me feel better I guess.
I actually like the offices at Murray. Seemed open and light to me. As far as experiences go, I bought my last BMW in Nebraska (price was ridiculously low). Second a problem showed, they wouldn't take my calls as I was out of state and couldn't walk in. Murray was close to my house so I went there. The entire dealership went to bat for me to try to get me help from BMW NA and the dealership in Nebraska. I can't go over the settlement details, but I was well taken care of in the buyback. After I the buyback went through, the only comments I got were an apology for having to go through the experience (which they didn't even cause). When I asked what they would do if I bought another BMW, they volunteered to give me a REALLY good deal on any model because of the problem I had (including the M). I can't say enough about what that dealership went through to help me on a situation that was related to a car I didn't even buy from them. Sounds like you guys are getting the run around from Schomp. This is just my experience, but it looks like I'm going to enjoying my free parking at CC mall before y'all can pay for it. Incidentally, you only need the license plate holders (which they give for free). I switched out the Nebraska ones I had no questions asked. As for pricing, at $87,000 for a 50, I guarantee I got a way better deal in the M (without haggling). If not, I'd still be haggling. In my experience, no haggle pricing means you are generally paying too much.

Last edited by Bradh2238; 06-30-2012 at 05:13 AM.